+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** December 2020 Inland Spousal Sponsorship ***

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
Wow! I'm amazed. My application was received Dec 22, the most recent update before the invite was confirmation of passing my medical, which I got on Aug 13.
Congratulations

What did you receive as confirmation on passing medical? I called IRCC to ask and the agent said they don’t share results so I’m not sure how we will know if my husband passed or not?

jpb192

Jun 8, 2021
For those that recieved a portal invite, how long did it take from the day you replied to the email to when they emailed back with your log in details?

yoshwakeham

May 3, 2021
For those that recieved a portal invite, how long did it take from the day you replied to the email to when they emailed back with your log in details?
One day – I got my invitation yesterday, and they emailed me my login details about an hour ago.

yoshwakeham

May 3, 2021
Congratulations

What did you receive as confirmation on passing medical? I called IRCC to ask and the agent said they don’t share results so I’m not sure how we will know if my husband passed or not?
I just got an update in ECAS, saying that my medical was approved.

clue12

Jul 1, 2020
Hi everyone! Curious to hear from anyone who applied for OWP at the same time as PR. Has anyone had any updates on the OWP application? I recently received my portal information email but haven't heard anything about the OWP application, so it seems PR is going to be finished first. I actually had only applied for OWP for status but later received an extension of my visitor status anyway, so it really doesn't matter anymore to me at this point. Does anyone know if they will automatically cancel and refund the OWP, or should I send in a webform to request to withdraw the application? Thanks in advance!

Naomi.

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
Hi everyone! Curious to hear from anyone who applied for OWP at the same time as PR. Has anyone had any updates on the OWP application? I recently received my portal information email but haven't heard anything about the OWP application, so it seems PR is going to be finished first. I actually had only applied for OWP for status but later received an extension of my visitor status anyway, so it really doesn't matter anymore to me at this point. Does anyone know if they will automatically cancel and refund the OWP, or should I send in a webform to request to withdraw the application? Thanks in advance!
Hello! I'm on the same boat as you, where I applied for my OWP at the same time as my PR. I never received any updates on my OWP throughout the process.
I already received my PR card a while ago, so my application is pretty much completed, yet I never heard anything about my OWP.

I believe that they don't automatically cancel and refund the OWP.
I called in to submit my cancellation for the OWP on August 4, 2021 and called again today to see if there was any progress.
The agent said that it can take up to 16 weeks for the request to be reviewed, so it'll take a while to receive the refund.

You can submit a request to withdraw the application, but I don't know how long that would take, since it takes a while for your webform to be read.
I recommend calling IRCC if you want the refund as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: clue12

Joyh

Dec 5, 2019
Hello! I'm on the same boat as you, where I applied for my OWP at the same time as my PR. I never received any updates on my OWP throughout the process.
I already received my PR card a while ago, so my application is pretty much completed, yet I never heard anything about my OWP.

I believe that they don't automatically cancel and refund the OWP.
I called in to submit my cancellation for the OWP on August 4, 2021 and called again today to see if there was any progress.
The agent said that it can take up to 16 weeks for the request to be reviewed, so it'll take a while to receive the refund.

You can submit a request to withdraw the application, but I don't know how long that would take, since it takes a while for your webform to be read.
I recommend calling IRCC if you want the refund as soon as possible.
Did you send your application in 2020 Dec?

susannelankin

Sep 18, 2020
My partner received his pre-arrival letter today, but nothing has changed on his gckey. What does this mean exactly? Can we expect things to move forward quickly now?

cheersbabe

Apr 25, 2021
My partner received his pre-arrival letter today, but nothing has changed on his gckey. What does this mean exactly? Can we expect things to move forward quickly now?
I received a pre arrival letter for my partner two days ago and yesterday I was approved to be his sponsor and he also became approved in principal! Hope this helps!

Dattateja

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Hi Susan that's very good news, from what I observed online generally in a day or two you should get the Sponsor approval and Approved in Principle. Have you checked ECAS? Does it show any update? If you haven't checked ECAS, I would check there because Sponsor updates are available only there I believe.

susannelankin

Sep 18, 2020
Hi Susan that's very good news, from what I observed online generally in a day or two you should get the Sponsor approval and Approved in Principle. Have you checked ECAS? Does it show any update? If you haven't checked ECAS, I would check there because Sponsor updates are available only there I believe.
Thanks! Sorry, this is maybe a bit dumb but what's the difference between ECAS and GCKey?

Ryne26

Jan 27, 2021
Application Received 31/12/2020. I got a ghost update yesterday “profile updated”. Today I received pre-arrival letter and checked ecas says DM for both sponsors and applicant. What could this mean?