+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** December 2020 Inland Spousal Sponsorship ***

Dattateja

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
My partner also received his medical request (yesterday) before biometrics - haven't received this yet. I thought biometrics would come first as well. At this point I'm just taking it as it comes!!
Yup, we just finished our medicals today. Hopefully they will ask the biometrics soon.

Dattateja

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Received biometric instruction letter for my wife today. Got it scheduled for Monday, hopefully it will be a quick process from here on.

Reactions: erika09

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
My husband did his biometrics yesterday morning and we received medical request this morning! I hope it keeps moving along this fast and for everyone else!

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
Looking for some advice while I try to get ahold of immigration on this…
My husband has a son back in the US who is apart of the application as a non accompanying dependent as he lives primarily with his mom there. There is no custody agreement of any sort. Anyways we have been trying to get her to get him an ID or passport for over a year now and now IRCC is requesting his medical he needs photo ID. She is not working with us on getting an expedited passport (that we will pay full fees for she just has to go to the passport office) and taking him for his medical. They are in Nevada and the closest IRCC panel physician is in California. She has been to California the last 3 weekends but says she doesn’t know she can travel for his medical now. What do we do if she doesn’t help us? I’m worried this will mess up the whole application because of her not willing to help. We’ve even offered her $1000 to get everything done and still nothing. Can my husband travel to the US during the application to do it himself? Any one in the same boat or know what to do?

Dattateja

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Looking for some advice while I try to get ahold of immigration on this…
My husband has a son back in the US who is apart of the application as a non accompanying dependent as he lives primarily with his mom there. There is no custody agreement of any sort. Anyways we have been trying to get her to get him an ID or passport for over a year now and now IRCC is requesting his medical he needs photo ID. She is not working with us on getting an expedited passport (that we will pay full fees for she just has to go to the passport office) and taking him for his medical. They are in Nevada and the closest IRCC panel physician is in California. She has been to California the last 3 weekends but says she doesn’t know she can travel for his medical now. What do we do if she doesn’t help us? I’m worried this will mess up the whole application because of her not willing to help. We’ve even offered her $1000 to get everything done and still nothing. Can my husband travel to the US during the application to do it himself? Any one in the same boat or know what to do?
Hey Erika why don't you guys ask her to get a state id made in DMV(Motor vehicle office for getting license) that should work as government issued photo id for medicals. As for the panel physician, I don't think there is a way out. Your husband can travel to USA if there is no other way around this. He can finish his work and come back to Canada ASAP.

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
Hey Erika why don't you guys ask her to get a state id made in DMV(Motor vehicle office for getting license) that should work as government issued photo id for medicals. As for the panel physician, I don't think there is a way out. Your husband can travel to USA if there is no other way around this. He can finish his work and come back to Canada ASAP.
We have suggested state ID as well as it is only $10 for a child but she still is unwilling to do so. His mom even works at a DMV and is willing to help but she will not do it…

will travelling to the US have a negative impact on the application? For some reason I thought he can’t leave Canada until it’s done..

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
We have suggested state ID as well as it is only $10 for a child but she still is unwilling to do so. His mom even works at a DMV and is willing to help but she will not do it…

also state ID can take up to 8 weeks..

will travelling to the US have a negative impact on the application? For some reason I thought he can’t leave Canada until it’s done..

Dattateja

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020

Travelling for a short period, week or two in itself will not be a problem. The problem is if CBSA denies you entry into Canada. Why don't you travel along with him, have all your application documents like the AOR, Medical requests and etc with you and at the boarder tell the officer you have applied to sponsor your husband for PR and as part of it his son needed medical exams and that's why you went to USA and now returning back to Canada. I don't think they will stop you from entering back, but again do this only if you have no other way.

nini66

Oct 25, 2018
hello! i have my medical on tuesday, does anyone know what it entails?
and is it normal i still didnt get my biometrics request but i got the medical and CSQ?

Dattateja

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
hello! i have my medical on tuesday, does anyone know what it entails?
and is it normal i still didnt get my biometrics request but i got the medical and CSQ?
They will do a chest Xray, take some blood for HIV and Syphilis tests, check blood pressure and ask health history questions like did you have any operations etc, nothing to worry about. Since few days I have observed that they are requesting medicals first and then in 4-5 days they send biometrics, something must have changed.

Ms.kaka

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I am wondering if there is one other same situation with ours, the status of Ecas changed to decision made last July 22 but until now, we don't have any email about PR confirmation or further notice if my partner needs to be interview.

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
Travelling for a short period, week or two in itself will not be a problem. The problem is if CBSA denies you entry into Canada. Why don't you travel along with him, have all your application documents like the AOR, Medical requests and etc with you and at the boarder tell the officer you have applied to sponsor your husband for PR and as part of it his son needed medical exams and that's why you went to USA and now returning back to Canada. I don't think they will stop you from entering back, but again do this only if you have no other way.
Thank you for the advice!! Unfortunately the US is not processing emergency passports (2-3 days) right now, only emergency renewals…. It can take 8-16 weeks to get his passport now. Super stressed as medical is due aug 23 and my husband has already completed his. I sent a web form and am now waiting.

nini66

Oct 25, 2018
They will do a chest Xray, take some blood for HIV and Syphilis tests, check blood pressure and ask health history questions like did you have any operations etc, nothing to worry about. Since few days I have observed that they are requesting medicals first and then in 4-5 days they send biometrics, something must have changed.
thank you! yes fianlly got the biometrics and did it today! medical on tuesday.
does anyone know what happens next after you pass the medical? timeline wise?

Dattateja

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
thank you! yes fianlly got the biometrics and did it today! medical on tuesday.
does anyone know what happens next after you pass the medical? timeline wise?
I think from the trend I observed online it's sponsor approval next and then AIP and pre-arrival letter.