+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

ATIFALI

Aug 26, 2019
My app was received Dec 18 and no AOR yet. I called IRCC yesterday and was told that there should be something in the system by now. I was lucky to get someone very helpful. She took my info receipt #, name email phone number and courier tracking #. She sent a message over to Sydney office for them to reply if they received application and update system so I can know whats going on. She said to give it a few days to get an answer. Fingers crossed I hear something soon.
hi, did u get any update? are u able to link to ecas?

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Hi Experts ( @alaria ) ,

How long does it usually take for the SA mail to arrive once the ECAS status says decision made?
For me the status updated on Jan-13, no email yet. Wondering if I should call and check...
It can take up to a week. I think I got mine pretty late. Such emails are sent in batches. If you don't get it in 10 days, give them a call.

Reactions: bonnetmacaque

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
can't link with GCKey. Does that mean they haven't entered our details into the system yet?

Also is it feasible to create a new GCKey account and try to link to it? would it be possible to use the same email id? Just checking

Ritika13

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
T
Hi Ritika, Follow the below thread to see what is happening with files that were moved to NDVO.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-who-got-file-moved-transferred-to-ndvo-2019-please-join.613441/

NDVO has a longer processing and wait time. As of now applicants from Apr/May'19 seem to be getting PPRs. Going by the current trends looks like we are 6-8 months away from getting the golden mail (best case scenario). You will notice in the above thread that there are people waiting for more than 12 months.

In the last two months there as been a vast improvement in initial processing time at Sydney. Let us hope we see some improvement in processing times at NDVO as well over next few months...….

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Reactions: sherin42

zjivkas

Aug 8, 2019
Hi everyone. It is my first time posting on this forum but i need advice. I am the sponsor: Canadian citizen sponsoring my husband from Egypt.

Our application was received Dec 3rd and we received AOR1 on Dec 25th. No updates after that. What is really concerning me is that although we were able to link our application with Gckey, we have not been able at all to log in to Ecas neither with sponsor nor PA information. It keeps giving a message we cannot find your application based on information you provided. I don't understand how it is possible since supposedly we can log in to Ecas after AOR1.

I called irc and they were no help. The agent just said that Ecas is not for this type of applications and that the process is 12 months long! At this point I am getting really nervous. Any advice what might be the reason we can't find our status on Ecas? Thanks a lot
The nervousness is the worst part. It doesn’t serve us though. Just give you grey hairs :)
So we must be patient - there’s not really a reason to think something has happened bad besides a technical issue.

Which info are you using? I had success with my receipt number (it’s a letter followed by 9 numbers).

You also may have “removed access”, perhaps by accident. It’s possible!

There also may be a change in your file, updates, moving to a processing office or some other technical glitch. Other users reported the same issue as you. Or does your name have a special character in it? Other people have reported that affected ECAS.. Search the forum, not just this thread, there’s a couple posts that have some other suggestions

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
can't link with GCKey. Does that mean they haven't entered our details into the system yet?

Also is it feasible to create a new GCKey account and try to link to it? would it be possible to use the same email id? Just checking
Doubt they haven't entered into the system. We haven't managed to link application even after PPR.

Reactions: sherin42