+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 Inland Spousal Application (With or Without OWP)

nickbroken

Mar 10, 2019
My wife was on a pgwp, we have an owp. Her sin is expiring from the pgwp. Does she need a new sin from the owp or does it stay the same?

Rj saini

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
SIN number remains the same but you have to go to update it with new expiry date , which is usually till the end of your OWP.

Wasp21

Feb 13, 2019
My wife was on a pgwp, we have an owp. Her sin is expiring from the pgwp. Does she need a new sin from the owp or does it stay the same?
Was your OWP recently approved? If so, when was your application received date?

Just want to get an idea of whether OWPs are getting approved or not...

Wasp21

Feb 13, 2019
So what happens if your spouse gets pregnant, is there anyway to get ohip?
No way to get OHIP unit she has OWP + full-time job or until your eligibility as a sponsor has been approved. However, in Ontario, Midwives are free of charge to any residents even if they don't have OHIP, so I'd highly suggest contacting one if your spouse is pregnant.

loeleo

Jan 15, 2019
I live in BC so the eligibility might be slightly different in Ontario, but a couple months ago I found out that my husband has been eligible for MSP (our version of OHIP) basically the whole time since we submitted our application. I had to submit a bunch of documents to MSP services (proof of PR application, proof of his date of entry to Canada, etc.) but he is eligible for health coverage as my spouse while his application is processing. So he's listed as a family member under my account but he's got his own MSP number now. I believe it's eligible for a year or something like that. They told me once he gets a SIN number he can/should reapply under his own account. I would call the OHIP in Ontario and explain the situation to see if your spouse qualifies. We completely hadn't realized that my husband was eligible all this time - takes off a lot of the stress now that he has that card, especially in times like these!

Also, just for background info, we got AOR December 12th but we're still waiting on OWP and everything else. I received an email early on that my application to sponsor had been received, but nothing saying it was approved.

Ind2424

Feb 7, 2018
I am a Canadian PR and sent owp+Pr application for my husband in april. Ofcourse we did not receive any confirmation, AOR etc yet. But we decided to try and apply for OHIP. So we went to Service Ontario last week and were told that as soon as we receive the confirmation of PR application received, we can apply for OHIP. We do have traveller's insurance ($350 for 3 months) so atleast he is 100% covered in case of an emergency. For anything non-emergency, we are able to consult local doctor but have to pay $50 consultation fee.

Wasp21

Feb 13, 2019
I am a Canadian PR and sent owp+Pr application for my husband in april. Ofcourse we did not receive any confirmation, AOR etc yet. But we decided to try and apply for OHIP. So we went to Service Ontario last week and were told that as soon as we receive the confirmation of PR application received, we can apply for OHIP. We do have traveller's insurance ($350 for 3 months) so atleast he is 100% covered in case of an emergency. For anything non-emergency, we are able to consult local doctor but have to pay $50 consultation fee.
Unfortunately, the Service Ontario rep was misinformed. AOR isn't enough to get OHIP - you need to have AIP in order to qualify. You can qualify before AIP once you have an OWP and a full-time job.

Please see here for more info: https://settlement.org/ontario/health/ohip-and-health-insurance/ontario-health-insurance-plan-ohip/who-is-eligible-for-ohip/

Reactions: Conaider

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Before we talk about OHIP is anyone getting approved of their owps?
Few December applicants got approved like I saw inland December 13th on Facebook group . Few others that had given biometrics previously for TRV are getting the biometric correspondence letter with OWP app number on it. I too got the letter.
My OWP received date reads December 23rd.

Reactions: vaishnavgowni

venkatragavan

Jun 17, 2020
Few December applicants got approved like I saw inland December 13th on Facebook group . Few others that had given biometrics previously for TRV are getting the biometric correspondence letter with OWP app number on it. I too got the letter.
My OWP received date reads December 23rd.
Hi, I too got my biometric correspondence letter today saying i don't need biometric letter as my biometric for TRV is still valid. Can you please let know when you got that letter and if your OWP got approved after that?

Reactions: hiwilley

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi, I too got my biometric correspondence letter today saying i don't need biometric letter as my biometric for TRV is still valid. Can you please let know when you got that letter and if your OWP got approved after that?
I got the letter last week Thursday July 16th. No approval yet just my OWP eligibility changed immediately to "We are reviewing your eligibility". Just being hopeful.

@venkatragavan what's your timeline?

Nitin_India

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Today i called to IRCC agent about my OWP status, they told me your OWP has been Approved on 16th July 2020 it is under printing process they will update soon

Reactions: hiwilley