+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 Inland Spousal Application (With or Without OWP)

sep28

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received on 26th november 2012
Nomination.....
02/11/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
already in Canada.. :)
Hello peeps, Just mailed my wife's Spousal application with OWP on 2nd December, file will be delivered in Mississauga by Thursday 5th December, Lets connect in this thread if you have sent your application in December to track our progress. Wife is already here in Canada as visitor, Landed on 20th November 2019.

Reactions: Samz19 and Musti82

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I have sent mines away yesterday, without OWP. I am on a PGWP until November next year so hopefully will get it before then.

Is there an Inland tracker?

Isaquecosta2

Nov 13, 2019
Hi guys. Just sent my application today. Applied for OWP. Will arrive tomorrow.
I've applied for extension of my visitor visa as well.

Kishorekish

Aug 21, 2014
Hello Guys,

I am in final stage to mail my Inland-Spousal sponsorship package. Just a few questions:

1. To submit OWP with PR application, what are the other documents need to submit? is it just IMM5710 application form? Should we include OWP Checklist? Or what are the supporting documents we should include?
2. What is the order of the documents you people followed for the complete application package?

Please help.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I never applied for OWP, but my application was in the exact order of the checklist. Barcode pages directly underneath checklist as requested

Musti82

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
My application for spousal arrived to Mississauga office on Friday December 6th. Didn’t apply for open work permit as she currently has one. I only put the barcode pages front only for the forms which has, I didn’t put all together, hopefully not a big deal.
Also did index cover for my supporting documents to make it easier, and also included cover letter as advised by my friends who are immigration consultants.

Reactions: hrehman

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
It did say on the complete guide that all barcode pages had to go behind the checklist, but hopefully that shouldn't be an issue if you didn't. As long as you had them. I didn't list the documents, just put them in order.

smit1123

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to apply for the spouse sponsorship by the end of this month.I am looking for some help regarding OWP, In the checklist, it has various different conditions but I could not find anything stating if you are a spouse of a PR holder. It would be really helpful if someone who has done this already can help me with this.

Regards,
Smit

Isaquecosta2

Nov 13, 2019
Hello Guys,

I am in final stage to mail my Inland-Spousal sponsorship package. Just a few questions:

1. To submit OWP with PR application, what are the other documents need to submit? is it just IMM5710 application form? Should we include OWP Checklist? Or what are the supporting documents we should include?
2. What is the order of the documents you people followed for the complete application package?

Please help.

I sent my application through a layer and my OWP application was the first thing of the package. He put the fee receipt followed by the IMM5710. No check list or supporting documents for OWP.

The order of the documents for the package I think he followed the check list. Something that I liked was he put a cover for every type of supporting documents. For example for the marriage certificate, supporting letters, police certificate he put a cover for each document, so is very easy to understand what is that document is about. Very organized.

Isaquecosta2

Nov 13, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to apply for the spouse sponsorship by the end of this month.I am looking for some help regarding OWP, In the checklist, it has various different conditions but I could not find anything stating if you are a spouse of a PR holder. It would be really helpful if someone who has done this already can help me with this.

Regards,
Smit
You mean about the information to fill the form?
the IMM 5710 is all about the applicant, the spouse not the PR holder.

smit1123

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
You mean about the information to fill the form?
the IMM 5710 is all about the applicant, the spouse not the PR holder.
I mean to say in the OWP checklist, there are different IF scenarios for ex (If you are a Student, if you are provincial nominee) but I could not find anything stating if you are a spouse of a PR holder. Is there any option like this?

For OWP, I have to fill only these below forms with supporting documents for my wife as I am a PR holder.
IMM 5553 (checklist)
IMM 5710
Proof of payment
photocopy of passport
Marriage certificate photocopy

Please let me know if any other document is missing.

Dassh

Dec 5, 2019
Hello peeps, Just mailed my wife's Spousal application with OWP on 2nd December, file will be delivered in Mississauga by Thursday 5th December, Lets connect in this thread if you have sent your application in December to track our progress. Wife is already here in Canada as visitor, Landed on 20th November 2019.[

My husband sent mine 7th December. Please did you pay for biometrics immediately.

sep28

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received on 26th november 2012
Nomination.....
02/11/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
already in Canada.. :)
My wife completed her bio metics just recently when she applied for her visitor visa. Most likely that will be valid for PR application as well.