+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 Inland Spousal Application (With or Without OWP)

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
I saw peoples applications were coming back because of missed signatures. The one paper you could electronically sign, did anyone hand sign that as well? My spouse and I hand signed every other paper but that one.

Chirag.bhatia

Oct 31, 2016
Hi,

I am bringing my wife with me on visitor visa and will be planning to apply for inland spousal sponsorship. So the question is what documents can immigration officer would likely to ask as she will be here on visitor visa? I am also unsure what else they would ask during immigration at airport.

Please help me.

sep28

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received on 26th november 2012
Nomination.....
02/11/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
already in Canada.. :)
Hi,

I am bringing my wife with me on visitor visa and will be planning to apply for inland spousal sponsorship. So the question is what documents can immigration officer would likely to ask as she will be here on visitor visa? I am also unsure what else they would ask during immigration at airport.

Please help me.
I was recently on the same boat, I won't tell you what to do but can share how i planned so everything went smooth.

We came on the same flight, but went to the immigration officer separately, I didnt even talk to her after deboarding the plane till she cleared immigration, her return ticket was booked 4 weeks after her stay, I have a canadian passport so my immigration was easy, she couldnot use the kiosks and was directed to the immigration officer, immigration officer asked the purpose of visit, she said visitor/holidays. asked if she has a return ticket (did not ask a copy of it) she said yes. AND that is it. She was cleared the immigration. we took our domestic connection together from the same airport.

Hope it helps.

Chirag.bhatia

Oct 31, 2016
I was recently on the same boat, I won't tell you what to do but can share how i planned so everything went smooth.

We came on the same flight, but went to the immigration officer separately, I didnt even talk to her after deboarding the plane till she cleared immigration, her return ticket was booked 4 weeks after her stay, I have a canadian passport so my immigration was easy, she couldnot use the kiosks and was directed to the immigration officer, immigration officer asked the purpose of visit, she said visitor/holidays. asked if she has a return ticket (did not ask a copy of it) she said yes. AND that is it. She was cleared the immigration. we took our domestic connection together from the same airport.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for great advise. I have PR and yeah we are also planning come together, my only concern was about her immigration at the airport.
QQ - did she has to show any documents to prove ties with India and did you apply for inland spousal sponsorship while she is on visitor visa ?

sep28

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
02/11/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
Thanks for great advise. I have PR and yeah we are also planning come together, my only concern was about her immigration at the airport.
QQ - did she has to show any documents to prove ties with India and did you apply for inland spousal sponsorship while she is on visitor visa ?

Do not overthink my friend! She don’t have to show anything. All requested documents were checked before she got the TRV visa, at airport the immigration officer’s job is not to reasses the issued TRV, but to check all foreign nationals entering canada are entering on correct type of visa, in your wife’s case that is visitor. Only hand over the passport when asked, answer any questions that will be asked. Answer honestly and your wife will be on her way clearing immigration in no time.

Yes, I applied inland on 2nd December, filed received at VO on 6th December. She landed in Canada on tha 21st November.

hope it helps!

Chirag.bhatia

Oct 31, 2016
Do not overthink my friend! She don’t have to show anything. All requested documents were checked before she got the TRV visa, at airport the immigration officer’s job is not to reasses the issued TRV, but to check all foreign nationals entering canada are entering on correct type of visa, in your wife’s case that is visitor. Only hand over the passport when asked, answer any questions that will be asked. Answer honestly and your wife will be on her way clearing immigration in no time.

Yes, I applied inland on 2nd December, filed received at VO on 6th December. She landed in Canada on tha 21st November.

hope it helps!
wonderful. Thanks for all help. Need to know couple more things. Can i DM you?

sep28

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
02/11/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
05/02/2013
LANDED..........

kcwn7

Jan 4, 2020
Hi there, I'm about to submit my application and am stuck on the new biometric requirements as of Dec 3, 2019. For those who applied in December inland, did you pay the biometric fee? Do you pay it for both the OWP + the spousal PR or just once? Thanks!

hrehman

Jan 13, 2009
Visa Office......
inland
hi. i have applied for my wife inland sponsorship. she is with me in Canada on a visit visa
Time line is :

Application sent: Dec 1st, 2019
Mail delivered: Dec 3rd, 2019

Did anyone has tried to link the mailed application online after mailing it? i tried it today i.e Jan 5th, 2020 and it is unable to link , as no record found

Anyone has received any letter from Immigration acknowledging the application?