+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Maulik Presswala

Feb 6, 2016
That was in 2012 due to the Bill C-38, which was later known as Canada’s Jobs, Growth and Long-Term Prosperity Act. IRCC was facing a lot of issues. IRPA was amended and section 87.3 was introduced, that gave the power to the Immigration Minister fo issue Ministerial Instructions (MI) to streamline the process and fix quotas.

In 2008, over 600,000 applicants were awaiting processing and the number continued. However, Act created section 87.4 of the IPRA, a provision which had the effect of unilaterally terminating all FSW applications submitted before 27 February 2008 which had not received a decision based on selection criteria before 29 March 2012.12 This amounted to a total of approximately 280,000 applicants.

However, we are currently no where close, and the ministerial instructions power is in place with the Minister, who uses it for all draws and can also exercise them to streamline the process.

But I highly doubt that the same 2012 situation will repeat.
Thanks for such detailed answers.
That's why you are considered expert.
And your answer gives me great relief....

Aj9277

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-12-2019
How is this doc validity date calculated? @aj, your doc num is 870*** and valid until may-2021, my doc num is 869*** valid until august-2021., Any idea folks?
COPR'S Validity is till the expiry date of medicals.

Last edited:

Harpreet dubai

Dec 29, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
sydney
AOR Received.
28 dec 2019
since past 2 weeks no ppr outside North America
N whats happening with Sydney office ???

Mannal

Sep 12, 2019
Hey all,

I just got a call from IRCC and the lady said we are are finalizing your application and your COPR will be issued in the account. My question is when should I expect the COPR in my account?
Thanks in advance!

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
Hey all,

I just got a call from IRCC and the lady said we are are finalizing your application and your COPR will be issued in the account. My question is when should I expect the COPR in my account?
Thanks in advance!
Could you please say if you are inland or outland?

Kamal001

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Hey all,

Thanks in advance!
Can you please tell your Vo?

Aj9277

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-12-2019
Hey all,

Thanks in advance!
Did they ask you any questions or took your interview ? Please, also share your stats vo, aor, inland / outland , stream.

Mannal

Sep 12, 2019
Did they ask you any questions or took your interview ? Please, also share your stats vo, aor, inland / outland , stream.
Sure thing my profile:

FSW- inland
AOR: Dec. 11, 2019
Med done: Dec 29, 2019
VO: Edmonton primary/ Montreal Secondary
IRRC: just asked if I am residing in Canada and I said yes and after that she said we have finalized the application and COPR is issued.

Reactions: nyiable

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Got reply from IRCC for the webform that I sent last week:
  • The eligibility verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
I got an ghost update last Tuesday and they passed my eligibility verification.

Hello @legalfalcon, would you mind if I ask a question: when will they normally start security check after passing eligibility? and how long might it last? Thank you in advance.

avinashmukka

Nov 9, 2013
Sure thing my profile:

FSW- inland
AOR: Dec. 11, 2019
Med done: Dec 29, 2019
VO: Edmonton primary/ Montreal Secondary
IRRC: just asked if I am residing in Canada and I said yes and after that she said we have finalized the application and COPR is issued.
Did you receive any updates in your online profile? Also ddid you order your gcms notes? If yes what is your copr document number?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Hello @legalfalcon, would you mind if I ask a question: when will they normally start security check after passing eligibility? and how long might it last? Thank you in advance.
You can see my old post that deals with this available at #2,521

Based on your webform response, it seems that your eligibility is recommended passed and is awaiting a review by an officer.

“Valid” here indicates, that the documents required for the specific stage are “legal, not expired, and accepted by IRCC,” and no further input is required by the applicant.

To see more details on how to decipher webforms, see https://bit.ly/3jM3fsL

Reactions: haihttran

NB_AIPP

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020

@haihttran : Congrats Hai! by the way, would you mind telling me where your Visa Office is ? Singapore? Thanks

Mannal

Sep 12, 2019
Did you receive any updates in your online profile? Also ddid you order your gcms notes? If yes what is your copr document number?
I see the profile is updated but yet no document issued and yes ordered GCMS notes 3 weeks back I got them which showed security not started at that time.