+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Jul 22, 2019
Hi, I have a PR application which is already in process and I am in the same boat as you guys. It's waiting on final decision due to travel restrictions for USA.

Recently I got PPR for the Temporary Work Visa which my employer filed and the letter mentions "We require your passport to finalize your application. Please provide your passport with a copy of this letter.....".

Now I don't know if I should submit just my passport only or for the whole family (mine, spouse and USA born child). If I submit just mine then how would the family travel? Thanks
@legalfalcon I would appreciate if you have any inputs on this. Thanks.

EssGee

Mar 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-12-2019
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Interview........
22-07-2020
Passport Req..
22-07-2020
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2020
LANDED..........
22-07-2020
Hi, I have a PR application which is already in process and I am in the same boat as you guys. It's waiting on final decision due to travel restrictions for USA.

Recently I got PPR for the Temporary Work Visa which my employer filed and the letter mentions "We require your passport to finalize your application. Please provide your passport with a copy of this letter.....".

Now I don't know if I should submit just my passport only or for the whole family (mine, spouse and USA born child). If I submit just mine then how would the family travel? Thanks
If I were you, I would submit mine and spouse passports, get the work permit, travel to Canada, submit webform stating the Canada address, employment letter etc. Will help you speed up your PR process too.

Didn’t they apply for a open work permit for your spouse? In my case, my employer applied open work permit for my spouse based on my closed LMIA based work permit. So my spouse also got passport request and visa stamped for travel. But just that he chose not to travel along with us planned to join later.

If your spouse doesn’t have open work permit applied, suggest getting it after you get your passport submitted even if the spouse doesn’t plan to work. Then you can get the spouse PPR and get visa stamping to travel together. My spouses open work permit did take longer than mine as per what my attorney said.

USA kid doesn’t need visa so don’t have to submit the US passport, but do ask for travel record when you come in the border. Will help you have longer authorized stay for the kid. The travel record letter for kid looks almost like the work permit letter border will give you. Consider these documents as letter paper size version of the USA I-94 arrival card they used to give. Or just the same as a H1 full page approval. This is much more detailed, but gives the duration of authorized stay.

Reactions: AJAYSHARMAAPJS

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I would appreciate if you have any inputs on this. Thanks.
The work visa application is for one individual only. The family is not included and neither do they get a visa when the work application is approved. For your family to travel, they will have to obtain TRVs and if they are from a visa exempt country, then they can travel with you and will be allowed to enter Canada for 6 months, after which you will either have to get a Visior Record, or spousal work permit based on your work visa.

Reactions: AJAYSHARMAAPJS

taikoo

Aug 30, 2020
Hi everyone,

after a 10 months, I finally received my coPR, here is my timeline below:

AOR Dec 11 2019
Biometric Jan 7 2020
Medical Dec 27
Nothing changed until Aug 5for my GCMS n shows my application had been approved but not issuing coPR or any other document.

coPR Oct 8
Office Ottawa

thanks everyone on the same boat

DEEMAH

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
waiting
NOC Code......
6322 EOI FILED : 07/03/2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
waiting
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
waiting
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Dreaming
Hi everyone,

AOR Dec 11 2019
Biometric Jan 7 2020
Medical Dec 27
Nothing changed until Aug 5for my GCMS n shows my application had been approved but not issuing coPR or any other document.

coPR Oct 8
Office Ottawa

Congratulations, Can you please share your info.

Aj9277

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-12-2019
Hi everyone,

AOR Dec 11 2019
Biometric Jan 7 2020
Medical Dec 27

coPR Oct 8
Office Ottawa

Congratulations, My application's timeline is similar as yours CEC, Inland Aor: 10th Dec 2019. Could you please share your COPR no. similar to T602828*** i.e. masking your last 3 digits so that we(other applicants) can compare ours and can predict when will we get ours. Thanks in advance.

taikoo

Aug 30, 2020
Congratulations, My application's timeline is similar as yours CEC, Inland Aor: 10th Dec 2019. Could you please share your COPR no. similar to T602828*** i.e. masking your last 3 digits so that we(other applicants) can compare ours and can predict when will we get ours. Thanks in advance.
602851***

Reactions: anz2468 and Aj9277