+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
The main reasons for not issuing PPR/COPR to outland applicants could be:

1. Air travel into Canada is banned until at least 30 June (except for certain categories)
2. Canada may be making a policy of re-medical etc. to ensure that only corona-negative applicants enter into Canada
3. Unemployment levels lately spiked in Canada. Outland applicants on entering into Canada would either compete for already few jobs or seek aid from the government.

But why IRCC is not at least informing the outland applicants that their files are approved?

It may not be possible for IRCC to inform applicants that their files are approved until IRCC decides whether it needs a re-medical. Maybe the file is not technically approved until the re-medical is done. Anyway, IRCC is already working at limited capacity and wisely using its resources. IRCC will likely send only essential communication like PPR/COPR. They won't send any inessential communication like " Congrats ur PR is approved. Wait for PPR/COPR. We will send u PPR/COPR when the right time comes"
I would suggest you to hold on to your reigns before expressing such statements, without citing facts and figures or at least mention the source of your information. In most likely, what I feel is that you are simply making statements in air, because of following points:
1. As far as we know here, if at all any official latest date has been announced for any kind of travel ban or any travel visa processing, its not June 30, its June 9.
2. I hope and wish you would understand that asymptomatic carriers are also there, which show up noticeable symptoms as late as 28-30 days after the hive period. So any medical certificate proclaiming someone -ve, is actually useless. In case of Corona positive patients showing corroborating symptoms, advisory is already out and hence no boarding is allowed.
3. You also need to understand Immigration based economies such as Canada and Australia plan for atleast 5 year to rule out short term uncertainty within the ebb and flows of globalisation and macro as well as micro factor inputs. In the first place, these countries are in business of immigration based economy because of ageing population and skewed demographics. Their identification of skills gap is kind of benchmark in the world and not based on short term shocks. Immigrants bring both Capital and Labour, which run the wheels of economy. Surely, Corona virus is a dreaded one but eventually, world is realising that recession/slump/negative growth in economy has far wider implications. Proof-India opened up after two months shutdown when cases are rising and daily cases reaching new peak everyday.
Its just a request , rest to each his/her own!

Mona66

May 15, 2020
Where have I said only May? They have recieved it in April and one outland usa candidate received it yesterday. Kindly look again, not my fault if you can't browse the website properly.
Where have I said that you said only May? :D The lockdowns in different nations have been less rigid in May than in April. More VFS offices have been opened in May than in April. But almost no OUTLAND applicant has been given a PPR in May. So I don't think VFS closure is the main hurdle.

See, I may be wrong. I'm just sharing with you what seems logical to me.

Jraci

Jul 28, 2018
Where have I said that you said only May? :D The lockdowns in different nations have been less rigid in May than in April. More VFS offices have been opened in May than in April. But almost no OUTLAND applicant has been given a PPR in May. So I don't think VFS closure is the main hurdle.

See, I may be wrong. I'm just sharing with you what seems logical to me.
Agreed but the vfs website in India says, offices closed until 31st May following Indian governments order. Sorry if I was rude

Mona66

May 15, 2020
I would suggest you to hold on to your reigns before expressing such statements, without citing facts and figures or at least mention the source of your information. In most likely, what I feel is that you are simply making statements in air, because of following points:
1. As far as we know here, if at all any official latest date has been announced for any kind of travel ban or any travel visa processing, its not June 30, its June 9.
2. I hope and wish you would understand that asymptomatic carriers are also there, which show up noticeable symptoms as late as 28-30 days after the hive period. So any medical certificate proclaiming someone -ve, is actually useless. In case of Corona positive patients showing corroborating symptoms, advisory is already out and hence no boarding is allowed.
3. You also need to understand Immigration based economies such as Canada and Australia plan for atleast 5 year to rule out short term uncertainty within the ebb and flows of globalisation and macro as well as micro factor inputs. In the first place, these countries are in business of immigration based economy because of ageing population and skewed demographics. Their identification of skills gap is kind of benchmark in the world and not based on short term shocks. Immigrants bring both Capital and Labour, which run the wheels of economy. Surely, Corona virus is a dreaded one but eventually, world is realising that recession/slump/negative growth in economy has far wider implications. Proof-India opened up after two months shutdown when cases are rising and daily cases reaching new peak everyday.
I am just sharing my informed opinion; I'm not claiming to make any definitive statements. Perhaps you overlooked words in my post like "could be", "may be", "likely". I'm deliberately not writing "will be". And I presume people here have basic ability to google facts themselves. The following is point-wise response to your points:-

1. I'm right about the date of the ban. It's June 30....not June 9. You may please read here https://globalnews.ca/news/6761044/coronavirus-air-travel-ban-foreign-nationals/.

2. The very reason for corona testing is that people may be asymptomatic. That is only a test can tell whether they have corona or not. Countries are using corona testing before allowing people entry. For instance, it is mandatory to get a test for corona to enter Hong Kong. You may read here https://fortune.com/2020/04/08/coronavirus-testing-hong-kong-airport/
And Hong Kong has won worldwide praise for keeping in check coronavirus. Why can't Canada do what Hong Kong has done?

3. I do have a reasonable understanding of countries whose economies are dependent on immigration. I understand that immigration is important for such countries to keep their economies growing. My point is just that.....that in the short run....the immigration might be delayed because there are very few jobs and government in Canada is forced to give more and more people aid. We may be wrong if we think that 12-13k dollars or whatever we take to Canada will set the economy back on track.

See, we are here to learn from each other, share opinions. We may not be always right. We may not agree with others. But let's not be so touchy. Let's be cool and calm :) :)

Reactions: Kechy332

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
I am just sharing my informed opinion; I'm not claiming to make any definitive statements. Perhaps you overlooked words in my post like "could be", "may be", "likely". I'm deliberately not writing "will be". And I presume people here have basic ability to google facts themselves. The following is point-wise response to your points:-

1. I'm right about the date of the ban. It's June 30....not June 9. You may please read here https://globalnews.ca/news/6761044/coronavirus-air-travel-ban-foreign-nationals/.

2. The very reason for corona testing is that people may be asymptomatic. That is only a test can tell whether they have corona or not. Countries are using corona testing before allowing people entry. For instance, it is mandatory to get a test for corona to enter Hong Kong. You may read here https://fortune.com/2020/04/08/coronavirus-testing-hong-kong-airport/
And Hong Kong has won worldwide praise for keeping in check coronavirus. Why can't Canada do what Hong Kong has done?

3. I do have a reasonable understanding of countries whose economies are dependent on immigration. I understand that immigration is important for such countries to keep their economies growing. My point is just that.....that in the short run....the immigration might be delayed because there are very few jobs and government in Canada is forced to give more and more people aid. We may be wrong if we think that 12-13k dollars or whatever we take to Canada will set the economy back on track.

See, we are here to learn from each other, share opinions. We may not be always right. We may not agree with others. But let's not be so touchy. Let's be cool and calm :) :)
Arrival Airport testing/screening== Re-medicals??? June 30 was the initial timeline set, after which a number of progressive relaxations/exemptions were announced and one can interpret such data available on IRCC website.
No one is making here any definitive statement reg. affairs of IRCC. At the same time, one should always check oneself before expressing "OPINIONS" on a public post, as it is bound to be scrutinised. So let's not be testy here either as the forum is for sharing experiences with IRCC processes!!!
About some positive news for immigration>>>>>https://www.cicnews.com/2020/05/mendicino-immigration-to-remain-enduring-value-after-coronavirus-0514404.html#gs.6v2pgy

I rest my case with agree to disagree with you :cool:

ospiratas

May 22, 2020
congrat!!!!!! one question that when u got copr, was there any gap between the day u got copr and progress bar??
Hi, thanks!

So the letter I showed is not the CoPR but the "Landing letter". I haven't yet received the CoPR.

CoPR is a document like this: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1446&top=14#confirmation

My application still says "in progress" and the progress bar is still there. Last time I looked it was around 75%. I wouldn't get too worried about it since that's just calculated based on the "expected" processing time.

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
He/she doesn't need to mention the source of information as this was purely a guess work.

Summery6688

Apr 24, 2020
AOR December 19
Medical pass Jan 13
Biometric complete Jan 21

got webform yesterday
Eligibility met
Medical pass
Criminal pass
Security not started

Just log into my account and saw a ghost update

does it mean security started ??

PNP inland applicant

dover

Feb 23, 2020
AOR December 19
Medical pass Jan 13
Biometric complete Jan 21

got webform yesterday
Eligibility met
Medical pass
Criminal pass
Security not started

Just log into my account and saw a ghost update

does it mean security started ??

PNP inland applicant
I think the ghost update is the golden mail. You will get confirmation letter pretty soon. As my friend had the same situation ;)

Summery6688

Apr 24, 2020
I think the ghost update is the golden mail. You will get confirmation letter pretty soon. As my friend had the same situation ;)
I am not very optimistic. Because I called CIC last week and an agent told me security is not started yet. It could be a sign of security initiated finally I guess ..z

dover

Feb 23, 2020
I am not very optimistic. Because I called CIC last week and an agent told me security is not started yet. It could be a sign of security initiated finally I guess ..z
My friend had the same status with you. He's status was eligibility met, criminality pass, medical pass, security not start yet, and the case was still in the black hole-Sydney office even at last Friday. But he received COPR yesterday. BTW, he's AOR - Dec. 16, inland pnp.

Sandhya.S

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Yea.. it isnt possible to sent PPR to outlands with timeline mentioned in it. They will when they are ready to open borders. As u said... there shud be some form.of confirmation for apprival and PPRs can be issued later... I hope they think like this...
I believe, they are not issuing PPR right now. Just sending COPR.