Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
That was quick
ok forum experts
Question for clarification ..... because I read this here from the cic website...

How long will my application take if I need a medical exam?
If you’re applying as a temporary resident (visitor, student, worker), it takes about four weeks to process your medical exam results. After that, we’ll tell you what to do next.

If you’re applying as a permanent resident, it takes about three months to process your results after we get them from the panel physician. After that, if we don’t need any other documents from you, we’ll tell you what to do next.

^^ Can anyone speculate this.... ??? It can take 3 months from Medical Exam til processing of results...? Really?
I realize this is process in entirety can take up to a year total, but do y'all think for extreme cases and straightforward cases they actually take up to 3 months to process the results after a panel physician does the exam? Husband is going to travel tomorrow to the big city for the start of the medical tests (Wednesday).

Edit: I see one response saying ... if they use e-medical it is sent within days.... although the CIC website seems to say specifically here it can take up to 3 months to process.
Thanks all

Last edited:

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
Congratulations on both of your application and fatherhood! Did you talk to IRCC to see if they could accelerate your case for the special life event (PA pregnancy)?
Other users bashed me in an alternate thread on this forum for suggesting that could happen, (that pregnancy could add a sense of urgency to the file) I am the sponsor (Canadian Citizen) and I am the one pregnant. We are trying to get hubby here in time for baby in May but likely not going to happen. Our case is very, very straighforward and we provided as much proof of our relationship as possible. It helped I spend more than half the years with him in his country so we have a ton of history and photos. Anyway, other users said how dare I think that just because I am pregnant I could ever have the case expedited. I even talked to people in Trudeau's Gov't (who I happen to know personally) and had them write me personal letters to include with our file because the situation is so urgent. A few members in a different thread were appalled that I had the audacity to think a baby in the situation warranted ANY kind of special treatment. I think it does add a level of validity to any relationship which can help, but as for expediting the process I certainly am not keeping my hopes up.

Last edited:

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
If you are sponsor, it is not a problem at all. If you are PA, it is best to avoid travelling abroad while your application is in process.
I travelled for months (I am the sponsor, a Canadian Citizen) - but it was to go be with Hubby in his country (Costa Rica) as much as possible before I am too pregnant to travel. Just got back to Canada last week. I submitted the application from Canada back in December, but then travelled right back to be with him. I got SA while I was in Costa Rica and we celebrated! He received his MR the days I was set to fly out.

Application Received - Dec 01 2018
AOR - Jan 29 2019
SA Approved - Feb 06 2019
Medical Request - Feb 19 2019

Sponsor: Canadian Citizen
PA - Costa RIca

Last edited:
Reactions: JanicaC

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I actually didn't intend to suggest you were arguing for the sake of it, I was trying to point out that you may be totally right according to your interpretation of the law, but in the end it's the officer's interpretation of the law that counts. So you can argue your logic and we can find it utterly persuasive but unfortunately, I think we have seen many a time that these things are neither as logical nor as consistent as we would like, and, most importantly, the officer has significant discretion in how they choose to interpret your case.

Think about how many aspects of the application itself (or, equally, a justification for leaving during the application process) has to do with the applicant having an "intention" to do something, which is extremely subjective. You might feel totally secure knowing you really do have an intention, but if the immigration officer doesn't see it like you do, well, tough, they make the decisions. It's not a black-and-white, scientific process; it's still performed by a fallible human. So why give them any opportunity to misinterpret anything?

As applicants we all feel a ton of anxiety and often engage in exquisite levels of tea-leaf reading trying to predict outcomes (and us here even more than most :D), but you're looking for a concrete answer where there just isn't one. Commenters are simply trying to point out the potential risks -- it's then up to the individual to use their judgement alone to decide what level of risk they're comfortable with.
I do see you have great potential to be an immigration lawyer/consultant! Well said! :p

Reactions: svilli

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Ok, I am seeing a lots of discussions going on regarding travel after sponsorship application (for PRs).
How about travelling after getting Sponsorship Approval? Does it matter? I heard Sponsorship Approval means now they will assess PA not the sponsor anymore?
Any thoughts folks?
Yes, it does matter if it is found by IRCC and it does not matter if IRCC does not care. But we don't know whether IRCC VO cares or not. The risk is there.

Reactions: smomen

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
I do see you have great potential to be an immigration lawyer/consultant! Well said! :p
Having had some experience talking to lawyers and seeing them not able to provide any basic info that even I was aware of I was not once thinking that it would be so interesting to be an immigration lawyer and help others. Same for IRCC officers, but that's a bit different, especially when your decision is to refuse someone's case, it's hard not to take that personally.

Reactions: dorkismalorkis

Charisse13

Jan 30, 2019
Philippines
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
Dec. 21, 2018
Did every December applicant get his/her AOR? Timewise, it is almost the end of Feb. and according to the stats, AOR1 is about 60 days to arrive. Good luck everyone!
We have not receive our AOR yet.
PA is from the Philippines
Sponsor is at Oakville, Ontario

Our timeline is:
Dec. 19, 2018- mailed our application to NS
Dec. 21, 2018-application received

Until now we have nothing..

3ponceboy

Dec 31, 2018
Hey guys! I'm getting nervous. I still waiting for SA or MR. This is my timeline

Sponsor is in Montreal, Quebec
Principal Applicant is in USA

Application Received : December 24, 2018.
Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR): February 19, 2019.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Other users bashed me in an alternate thread on this forum for suggesting that could happen, (that pregnancy could add a sense of urgency to the file) I am the sponsor (Canadian Citizen) and I am the one pregnant. We are trying to get hubby here in time for baby in May but likely not going to happen. Our case is very, very straighforward and we provided as much proof of our relationship as possible. It helped I spend more than half the years with him in his country so we have a ton of history and photos. Anyway, other users said how dare I think that just because I am pregnant I could ever have the case expedited. I even talked to people in Trudeau's Gov't (who I happen to know personally) and had them write me personal letters to include with our file because the situation is so urgent. A few members in a different thread were appalled that I had the audacity to think a baby in the situation warranted ANY kind of special treatment. I think it does add a level of validity to any relationship which can help, but as for expediting the process I certainly am not keeping my hopes up.
I do believe VOs have hearts. Though there is no official policy for situations like this, I hope they would handle the case in some sort of fast lane.

Reactions: dorkismalorkis

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Hey guys! I'm getting nervous. I still waiting for SA or MR. This is my timeline

You don't need to worry now, you are still below the average time of receiving SA. This week or next week you will get it.

svilli

Jan 15, 2019

Hi, I'm waiting for MR too
Don't worry, you'll get soon your SA
P.S. do not forget to prepare docs for CSQ ;)

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
We have not receive our AOR yet.
PA is from the Philippines
Sponsor is at Oakville, Ontario

Our timeline is:
Dec. 19, 2018- mailed our application to NS
Dec. 21, 2018-application received

Until now we have nothing..
Ok, hold on tight and it could be coming any of these days. Please post back when you get it.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018

A bunch of early December applicants got MR around Feb. 19, so there is a theory that MR is processed in a batch mode. Wait for the next batch when MR door is opened. You got AOR so there is really nothing to worry about. Your case is in good hands. Stay cool and good luck!

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Question to everyone, especially to those whose checking GCKey and eCAS on a regular basis :)
Is there anything you can see on eCAS but can't see in emails from IRCC / in GCKey?

Just going forward: I know the difference between eCAS and GCKey. I know the purpose of both and how they look like. I'm just curious: if you linked an application to an account, what is the purpose of checking eCAS? Say, SA on eCAS is just "decision made", but it can be negative, right? An email is providing much more info. Same for all other stages. Maybe someone can point out a case when eCAS is particularly helpful? Thanks everyone.

Charisse13

Jan 30, 2019
Philippines
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
Dec. 21, 2018
Ok, hold on tight and it could be coming any of these days. Please post back when you get it.
Okay i will..
Because of the long waiting period my husband is planning to come and visit me. Would that be okay while we are in this process?