+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
Question to everyone, especially to those whose checking GCKey and eCAS on a regular basis :)
Is there anything you can see on eCAS but can't see in emails from IRCC / in GCKey?

Just going forward: I know the difference between eCAS and GCKey. I know the purpose of both and how they look like. I'm just curious: if you linked an application to an account, what is the purpose of checking eCAS? Say, SA on eCAS is just "decision made", but it can be negative, right? An email is providing much more info. Same for all other stages. Maybe someone can point out a case when eCAS is particularly helpful? Thanks everyone.
These are two different tools with different info in it. I even cannot find criteria to compare
A bit of patience and you will experience both soon;)

Reactions: schweisy

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Okay i will..
Because of the long waiting period my husband is planning to come and visit me. Would that be okay while we are in this process?
Yes, if you are applying for outland application. If he is not from visa exempt country, it might be very difficult for him to get TRV.

hari_1326

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
March 08
AOR Received.
March 08
Hi, I'm not an expert, but try to answer and guide you if not.
In 2015 there was a line in ecas "Medical results have been received".
For the moment, dec applicants' only passing medicals...
You might search for an answer on older threads, and update us here;)

I got email, but someone doesn't receive it. (I posted here today morning, hope, you are reading our thread;))
In ecas, in PA's section "We started processing PA's application on DATE." (I also posted it here on Saturday:p)

This info will be in signature in AOR 2. Someone recieves mail that their application transferred to XXX VO (not in my case)
In ecas and GCkey there is no info about visa office, except again signature in the docs sent by VO

Sorry, I didn't get this question :(
If you are asking about the time between MR and AOR2 - in my case i haven't got MR yet.
Otherwise, you could analyze the file with statistics. o_O
Thanks a lot for the detailed response. Really appreciate it.

There was a typo in my previous post - I meant to type medicals received not recovered.

Thanks a lot once again.

Reactions: svilli

JanicaC

Star Member
Dec 20, 2018
I travelled for months (I am the sponsor) - but it was to go be with Hubby in his country (Costa Rica) as much as possible before I am too pregnant to travel. Just got back to Canada last week. I submitted the application from Canada back in December, but then travelled right back to be with him. I got SA while I was in Costa Rica and we celebrated! He received his MR the days I was set to fly out.

Application Received - Dec 01 2018
AOR - Jan 29 2019
SA Approved - Feb 06 2019
Medical Request - Feb 19 2019

Sponsor: Canadian Citizen
PA - Costa RIca
Hi are you canadian citizen or a pr?

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Question to everyone, especially to those whose checking GCKey and eCAS on a regular basis :)
Is there anything you can see on eCAS but can't see in emails from IRCC / in GCKey?

Just going forward: I know the difference between eCAS and GCKey. I know the purpose of both and how they look like. I'm just curious: if you linked an application to an account, what is the purpose of checking eCAS? Say, SA on eCAS is just "decision made", but it can be negative, right? An email is providing much more info. Same for all other stages. Maybe someone can point out a case when eCAS is particularly helpful? Thanks everyone.
GCKey is optional and you don't have to link it and it won't impact the application at all. But it does list all the steps in the process so that you can have an overview of everything at once.

ECAS is available for everyone without the need to link as long as you put PA or SA's information. But there is no overview of the process steps and it only list the recent steps already happened in IRCC.

Theoretically, you are right. Decision Made could be negative but practically, we don't see that is the case so far. And an email with PDF attachment will indeed provide much more detail information, whether positive or negative.

So overall, my personal feeling is that GCKey account is more detailed and user friendly and seems to be more actively used/updated by IRCC if it is linked, whereas ECAS is more reactive with less information. However, in either case, you will not lose critical information and it will not impact the process.

Reactions: alaria

mnlcva8891

Oct 28, 2018
Hey guys! I'm getting nervous. I still waiting for SA or MR. This is my timeline

Sponsor is in Montreal, Quebec
Principal Applicant is in USA

Application Received : December 24, 2018.
Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR): February 19, 2019.
Hang in there. My PA is also from the US. Our application was delivered on the 17th. We got our AOR on feb 11 and SA on feb 13 followed by MR on the 19th of Feb.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
GCKey is optional and you don't have to link it and it won't impact the application at all. But it does list all the steps in the process so that you can have an overview of everything at once.

ECAS is available for everyone without the need to linking as long as you put PA or SA's information. But there is no overview of the process steps and it only list the recent steps already happened in IRCC.

Theoretically, you are right. Decision Made could be negative but practically, we don't see that is the case so far. And an email with PDF attachment will indeed provide much more detail information, whether positive or negative.

So overall, my personal feeling is that GCKey account is more detailed and user friendly and seems to be more actively used/updated by IRCC if it is linked, whereas ECAS is more reactive with less information. However, in either case, you will not lose critical information and it will not impact the process.
Thank you! Very thorough and precise answer :)

Reactions: ryester

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018

ECAS is available for everyone without the need to link as long as you put PA or SA's information. But there is no overview of the process steps and it only list the recent steps already happened in IRCC.

And one thing for sure you would not be able to see in GCKey account is SA. That information is only available in ECAS by login as sponsor. GCKey account is for PA.

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
No, my theory is that GCKey showing background check from the beginning is for visa-exempt people. (Not the ECAS background check.)
As @ryester wrote, you still have one exception ;)
My GCKey showing background check from the beginning. :p;)(In ecas there is NO background check info at all)

Xipijeta

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018

Status on eCas says "decision made" for me but i still haven't received an email for SA. Meanwhilw my wife (PA) got medical request same day the status on ecas changed to decision made (feb 22). Should i be concerned yet that i haven't received an email with SA. Could "decision made" be negative in my case?

JanicaC

Star Member
Dec 20, 2018
Good morning all, need advice here. My husband did his medical today. Feb 26 in the Philippines, apparently his did xray twice then at the end of the day. They told him they will give him a call within 7-10 days for the result. They didnt tell him what wrong with his xray now we are both being paranoid thinking the worst case scenario.

Will the dr send his result to ircc the wat it is or do you think they will be kind enough to do another xray afterwards?!

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Status on eCas says "decision made" for me but i still haven't received an email for SA. Meanwhilw my wife (PA) got medical request same day the status on ecas changed to decision made (feb 22). Should i be concerned yet that i haven't received an email with SA. Could "decision made" be negative in my case?
No, I don't think so. If DM is negative, and if you choose "No" in the form when you are asked if you are not qualified to sponsor would you still want to proceed with application, IRCC would return your application and will not proceed with PA's MR. I believe it is all positive.

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
As @ryester wrote, you still have one exception ;)
My GCKey showing background check from the beginning. :p;)(In ecas there is NO background check info at all)
Sorry, by eCAS I was referring to the line about PA's application being processed. I guess in my head I was thinking that that line is effectively confirmation that they have actually started the background check, but maybe I'm just making too many assumptions now.

I totally forgot that your GCKey showed background check from the beginning though! You certainly are the exception to almost all the rules! :D

To be honest, my totally vague mental theory also took MR into account as an additional factor in all this, but it's really not worth explaining -- I think at this point I'm actually getting tired of speculating! :confused::p

Reactions: JoshC and svilli

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Good morning all, need advice here. My husband did his medical today. Feb 26 in the Philippines, apparently his did xray twice then at the end of the day. They told him they will give him a call within 7-10 days for the result. They didnt tell him what wrong with his xray now we are both being paranoid thinking the worst case scenario.

Will the dr send his result to ircc the wat it is or do you think they will be kind enough to do another xray afterwards?!
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Even on the off chance there is actually something wrong with your husband, he just needs to get whatever it is adequately treated so he is not contagious before he travels to Canada -- medical issues in themselves are not a reason to be rejected in spousal sponsorships.

Reactions: JanicaC