File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Status on eCas says "decision made" for me but i still haven't received an email for SA. Meanwhilw my wife (PA) got medical request same day the status on ecas changed to decision made (feb 22). Should i be concerned yet that i haven't received an email with SA. Could "decision made" be negative in my case?
It took 5 days for me to receive the SA email after eCAS changed to "decision made." I think you're totally within the normal timeframe still.

As @ryester says, the fact that they're proceeding with the medical request at all reads positive as well.

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Sorry, by eCAS I was referring to the line about PA's application being processed. I guess in my head I was thinking that that line is effectively confirmation that they have actually started the background check, but maybe I'm just making too many assumptions now.

I totally forgot that your GCKey showed background check from the beginning though! You certainly are the exception to almost all the rules! :D

To be honest, my totally vague mental theory also took MR into account as an additional factor in all this, but it's really not worth explaining -- I think at this point I'm actually getting tired of speculating! :confused::p
@Missionquebec posted an interesting link before:

http://canadapronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/PR_App_Stages.pdf

If I was to follow that guide I'd be at stage 5 and awaiting my PPR... That would be nice :p

Edit: I should add that this comes from a website that talks about the express entry programme.

Last edited:

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Reactions: svilli and JoshC

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
Looks like the total processing time for Out land apps processed in Mississauga is 4-5 Months & the other VOs are around 8-10 Months !!

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Looks like the total processing time for Out land apps processed in Mississauga is 4-5 Months & the other VOs are around 8-10 Months !!
That makes sense. According to your information, only "straight forward" cases are processed in Mississauga, and straight forward cases should take less time.

Xipijeta

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
Recieved my SA email today

APPLICATION RECEIVED DEC 17 2018
AOR FEB 12 2019
PAYMENT FOR BIOMETRICS FEB 21 2019
MEDICAL REQUEST FEB 22 2019
SPONSOR APPROVAL FEB 26 2019

what's next step?

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Other users bashed me in an alternate thread on this forum for suggesting that could happen, (that pregnancy could add a sense of urgency to the file) I am the sponsor (Canadian Citizen) and I am the one pregnant. We are trying to get hubby here in time for baby in May but likely not going to happen. Our case is very, very straighforward and we provided as much proof of our relationship as possible. It helped I spend more than half the years with him in his country so we have a ton of history and photos. Anyway, other users said how dare I think that just because I am pregnant I could ever have the case expedited. I even talked to people in Trudeau's Gov't (who I happen to know personally) and had them write me personal letters to include with our file because the situation is so urgent. A few members in a different thread were appalled that I had the audacity to think a baby in the situation warranted ANY kind of special treatment. I think it does add a level of validity to any relationship which can help, but as for expediting the process I certainly am not keeping my hopes up.
I completely understand your situation. I am a sponsor in Canada and my wife is in Aus ( she is not Aus citi) where I worked before. Technically, we do not have any family in both places. I wanted to go for delivery but as a PR I should be inside Canada during processing ( some may argue no need). She managed her c-section alone and she is trying to take care of the baby alone. My case is pretty straightforward too as she was processed as "non-accompanying " person during my PR application. Her medical valid until Dec 2019 too and I have a permanent job in Canada. The reason why I am saying this to you is that there are cases and you are not alone. The only solution is " Government should let spouses come to Canada during PR processing" I understand the risks in this way, but there are a lot of genuine couples ( not a marriage of convenience for PR). At least the government should ask us to keep some amount of money in government account as a guarantee fee to process this type of application. So what about people who do not have money to do this? I do not have an answer for this question

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Recieved my SA email today

APPLICATION RECEIVED DEC 17 2018
AOR FEB 12 2019
PAYMENT FOR BIOMETRICS FEB 21 2019
MEDICAL REQUEST FEB 22 2019
SPONSOR APPROVAL FEB 26 2019

what's next step?
Biometric request.
Biometric provided.
Medical passed.
Transferred to visa office.
Additional documents request (optionally).

Reactions: ryester

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
got the SA email :):)

I could see Medical request in my CIC account and ECAS. But no mail in PA's mail box. However booked an appointment. Things are moving ;););)
Congratulations! If you linked your application in GCKey account, the medical request form will NOT be sent to you in email. IRCC will upload the form in your GCKey account. Please print the form and take it with you when you do the medical examination. The form has PA's information filled up already.

Reactions: priya1703

priya1703

Dec 18, 2018
Congratulations! If you linked your application in GCKey account, the medical request form will NOT be sent to you in email. IRCC will upload the form in your GCKey account. Please print the form and take it with you when you do the medical examination. The form has PA's information filled up already.
thanks for the info. I was like killing my mailbox refresh button for the last three days ;)

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
thanks for the info. I was like killing my mailbox refresh button for the last three days ;)
But generally you will get a notification email every time when you have a new message on GCKey. So you should have received a notification email anyway... Unless you're a sponsor and you linked GCKey to PA's email, then you should check PA's mailbox as well.

Lougeo

Jan 16, 2019
I received an email today SA approved - Feb 26,2019
Application Received - Dec.24, 2018
AOR - February 18, 2019
Received Request for updated Police clearance of PA - Feb. 19, 2019 and just submitted/ uploaded yesterday Feb. 25,2019
Request for Medical Exam - Feb 25, 2019
So far no biometric request yet, probably coming soon?