+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
@alaria ,@ryester thank you very much for you help!
That's true that according to link my second AOR looks logical.(One for Sponsor, one for PA)
One strange thing that I do not remember anyone else on our thread got second wording.

Now I'm more interested in MR, Biometrics request and mail fron IRCC which I have to print and send to Quebec Immigration o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: schweisy and alaria

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Please check this https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2018-outland-spousal-sponsorship.600483/page-40#post-7598838

The second AOR is different not only with the application number (we understand it was because of IRCC mistake), but also with the wording "confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by CIC" against "This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by IRCC". It's clear that the second one was intended for a PA. Check also this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#after and you will see what I'm talking about.
There should be only ONE application number! You should NOT get two different application numbers. Again, I have to stress that svili got a second application number because of an error and her first application number was voided. You shall use that ONE and the only one application number throughout your correspondence with IRCC.

Nobody reports receiving AOR for the applicants yet (except svili whose application had admin mistake) . There is indeed an AOR2, but that is sent out when your application is transferred to the regional VO. There is no need to send one same AOR to both sponsor and applicant. AOR is just acknowledge of receipt. It does not matter who it is addressed to, it just means your application is received by IRCC or its regional VO.

Maybe there are two formats, and they will sent it to either sponsor or applicant but not both.

Last edited:

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
There should be only ONE application number! You should NOT get two different application numbers. Again, I have to stress that svili got a second application number because of an error and her first application number was voided. You shall use that ONE and the only one application number throughout your correspondence with IRCC.
Calm down, I understand how it works :)

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Calm down, I understand how it works :)
I am calm I just don't want you think there will be two application numbers in two AORs. And throughout the IRCC site, it does not mention it will send out one AOR for sponsor and one AOR for applicant. Once sponsor's eligibility is reviewed and decision is made, an Sponsor Approval email will be sent out and don't be confused this with AOR. And according to our experience, SA is received after AOR.

Reactions: svilli

mughira

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
It seems that December applicants are really lucky. They're getting their AOR emails really soon. Their timelines are faster than the October applicants apparently.

I think I fall in the December group as my application was received on 30-Nov-2018. Let's see.

Reactions: svilli

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
And throughout the IRCC site, it does not mention it will send out one AOR for sponsor and one AOR for applicant.
Can you please check this link? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#after

Scroll to Sponsors part. You will see these words:
After we receive your application, we’ll check to make sure you’ve submitted all the required forms and documents on the document checklist. If your application package is incomplete, it will be returned to you without being processed. If the application has all the requested forms and documents, you’ll get an email or letter confirming that the application has been accepted for processing.

So, that is AOR for sponsor, that everyone is getting here recently.

Then scroll down more, to Applicants (person being sponsored) part. And you will see these words:
Once your sponsor is found to be eligible, we’ll send you (or your authorized representative, if you have one) an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) letter with your application number on it. If you provided an e-mail address on your application, this letter will be sent to that e-mail address.

You are saying:
And throughout the IRCC site, it does not mention it will send out one AOR for sponsor and one AOR for applicant.
So if what I just provided, in you opinion is not a mention about an AOR for a sponsor and another AOR for a PA, then what is it?

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Can you please check this link? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#after

Scroll to Sponsors part. You will see these words:
After we receive your application, we’ll check to make sure you’ve submitted all the required forms and documents on the document checklist. If your application package is incomplete, it will be returned to you without being processed. If the application has all the requested forms and documents, you’ll get an email or letter confirming that the application has been accepted for processing.

So, that is AOR for sponsor, that everyone is getting here recently.

Then scroll down more, to Applicants (person being sponsored) part. And you will see these words:
Once your sponsor is found to be eligible, we’ll send you (or your authorized representative, if you have one) an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) letter with your application number on it. If you provided an e-mail address on your application, this letter will be sent to that e-mail address.

You are saying:

So if what I just provided, in you opinion is not a mention about an AOR for a sponsor and another AOR for a PA, then what is it?
yes, if you really read it religiously, you can see IRCC used AOR for applicant only. There is no AOR for sponsor (just email confirming....). However, I don't think IRCC follows their own procedure religiously as we read, you can see from this thread, there is only one AOR sent out so far. Even for @sivili, as her first AOR would not be counted because application number is voided. The confirmation email to sponsor does have the application number which is not mentioned by IRCC.

For those applicants who get Biometrics, they don't seem to get applicant AOR just confirmation email for sponsor. And we regard that email as "AOR".

Last edited:

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
It seems that December applicants are really lucky. They're getting their AOR emails really soon. Their timelines are faster than the October applicants apparently.

I think I fall in the December group as my application was received on 30-Nov-2018. Let's see.
yes, that is true. but i think overall queue wise, they are still ahead of us. You should get your AOR at this point, right? Good luck!

Reactions: mughira

CanAmAus

Dec 18, 2018
App. Filed.......
05-12-2018
AOR Received.
31-1-2019
File Transfer...
27-2-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Hey friends,

An update on our current status:
PA Country of Citizenship: USA
Application Rec'd: Dec. 5
AOR: Jan 31
Request for additional details (RCMP fingerprint criminal check since PA previously lived in Canada): Feb 1 (Submitted Feb 12)
SA: Feb 13

I'm curious about what people see when they log in to their account and review application (I have browsed the thread and seen some mixed comments). The below is what we see, which surprises me (why is background check already in progress? Why is a medical not needed? Does this change as they work through the application, or does my Canadian-educated US spouse simply not need a medical?) Thanks for insight, folks!

Application step Current status
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Hey friends,

An update on our current status:
PA Country of Citizenship: USA
Application Rec'd: Dec. 5
AOR: Jan 31
Request for additional details (RCMP fingerprint criminal check since PA previously lived in Canada): Feb 1 (Submitted Feb 12)
SA: Feb 13

I'm curious about what people see when they log in to their account and review application (I have browsed the thread and seen some mixed comments). The below is what we see, which surprises me (why is background check already in progress? Why is a medical not needed? Does this change as they work through the application, or does my Canadian-educated US spouse simply not need a medical?) Thanks for insight, folks!

Application step Current status
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Yes, it will change as they work through the application. Everyone needs a medical, no matter where they're from; they just don't want you to go do it until they instruct you to.

My account has identical statuses to all of yours (except biometrics are completed). It's a bit of a mystery why some of ours say the background check is already in progress this early on and some don't. I have some foggy theories that maybe it has something to do with the PA/whether they're from a visa-exempt country, but it's all just a guess. At the end of the day I wouldn't put too much stock in it (alas!) -- I expect our applications will take just as long as everyone else's, but our statuses will just stay the same the whole time. That said, I have noticed that applicants from the US are generally processed quite a bit faster than the rest of us, so you probably will advance more quickly either way. :)

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
What is your timeline?
It's in @mughira's signature. If you're on mobile and can't see it, just tap on their avatar and go to their profile page. (Just a tip to anyone on mobile who is wondering why they can never see people's timelines!)

Reactions: ryester and svilli