+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Asking here as some of you have started getting AORs. I am a feb applicant. Recently found out that the document checklist was updated in december but I sent the June updated one (the website still shows june 2018. Its only the form that mentions the december date). The only difference between the new form and old form is that on page 1 question 3 there is an option asking to pay biometric fee upfront. The rest of the form is the same. I have already paid the biometric along with all the other application fees. Is there any chance for my application to be returned for a minor issue like this? Has anyone on this group done this error and still received aor? (Asking on behalf of a few members who have done the same error).

maxprostomax

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
It's in @mughira's signature. If you're on mobile and can't see it, just tap on their avatar and go to their profile page. (Just a tip to anyone on mobile who is wondering why they can never see people's timelines!)
Hi, did you get your medical req. ? I also got my biometrics req. but still no medical

mari5

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Hello everyone.

Question here - today my husband recieved an email stating that we must renew and send another copy of his passport since it will expire in August. I’m wondering if the passport has to be translated? Or if I can just send it in like I previously did (w/o translation) since it’s a passport....?

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
Hello everyone.

Question here - today my husband recieved an email stating that we must renew and send another copy of his passport since it will expire in August. I’m wondering if the passport has to be translated? Or if I can just send it in like I previously did (w/o translation) since it’s a passport....?
If you've mentioned passport as "travel document" no translation needed. If passport - is internal ID in your country, usually translation is needed as it has nothing in English or French. (My PA has two types of passport and both were sent. One with translation, second - not)

Last edited:
Reactions: ryester and mari5

mari5

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
If you've mentioned passport as "travel document" no translation needed. If passport - is internal ID in your country, usually translation is needed as it has nothing in English or French. (My PA has two types of passport and both were send. One with translation, second - not)
Okay perfect! I guess translation isn’t needed in our case then. Thank you for being so helpful! :)

Reactions: ryester and svilli

sohrabp

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
Hello everyone.

Hi

Can i ask you when did you submit? And also did you get the AOR already?

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Hi, did you get your medical req. ? I also got my biometrics req. but still no medical
Nope. As far as I can tell, most of us December applicants haven't gotten the MR yet. As these things seem to come through in batches, I suspect a bunch of us will get ours around the same time within the next 2-3 weeks (just guessing though!).

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hey friends,

An update on our current status:
PA Country of Citizenship: USA
Application Rec'd: Dec. 5
AOR: Jan 31
Request for additional details (RCMP fingerprint criminal check since PA previously lived in Canada): Feb 1 (Submitted Feb 12)
SA: Feb 13

I'm curious about what people see when they log in to their account and review application (I have browsed the thread and seen some mixed comments). The below is what we see, which surprises me (why is background check already in progress? Why is a medical not needed? Does this change as they work through the application, or does my Canadian-educated US spouse simply not need a medical?) Thanks for insight, folks!

Application step Current status
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
My account is different from yours in that for Background check it stats: "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.". Everything else is the same.

Reactions: CanAmAus

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Asking here as some of you have started getting AORs. I am a feb applicant. Recently found out that the document checklist was updated in december but I sent the June updated one (the website still shows june 2018. Its only the form that mentions the december date). The only difference between the new form and old form is that on page 1 question 3 there is an option asking to pay biometric fee upfront. The rest of the form is the same. I have already paid the biometric along with all the other application fees. Is there any chance for my application to be returned for a minor issue like this? Has anyone on this group done this error and still received aor? (Asking on behalf of a few members who have done the same error).
I don't really have firsthand experience with this since our application was actually mailed in November, but in general there is a bit of a grace period when the forms are updated (not sure how long exactly, but around 2 months seems reasonable still). When the change is something so minor, and something that you've already taken care of anyway, I very much doubt it will be a problem for you. That said, hopefully someone who has actual experience here can confirm and put your mind at ease!

Reactions: Krissh2179

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I don't think your application will be returned just because you used a relatively outdated form and it is not that outdated anyway. But your question probably can only be answered by IOs who are checking the documents. Best luck to you!

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
You mean AOR 2? I have passed the medical exam. Waiting for what's next.
you got your medical request and completed already? Wow... that is something... (congrats) many of us are still waiting for that part! I have the same TL ...

Still awaiting AOR 2 here...

Reactions: ryester

mari5

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Hi

Can i ask you when did you submit? And also did you get the AOR already?
Yes of course.
I submitted my application on Dec. 10 & it was received by IRCC on Dec. 14. I got my AOR last week on Feb. 12 and they started processing Feb.11.

Reactions: sohrabp

sohrabp

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
Yes of course.
I submitted my application on Dec. 10 & it was received by IRCC on Dec. 14. I got my AOR last week on Feb. 12 and they started processing Feb.11.
Thanks god,

My passport will expire on November and I afraid of this issue. I thought maybe they will return the package but it seems they will start the process then ask to renew the passport

Thank you again

mari5

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Thanks god,

My passport will expire on November and I afraid of this issue. I thought maybe they will return the package but it seems they will start the process then ask to renew the passport

Thank you again
You should be fine! You're welcome :)

Reactions: sohrabp