AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Sounds sweet, thank you,
One more. This one is though.
I live in Brazil with my gf. I have PR here. Within the next few weeks we will have lived together for one year. In Canadian law its common law. Should I inform CIC about it? She is not applying with me.
I believe you should. If you added her to your CRS would you still have enough points (points can go up or down for adding a spouse/partner depending on their qualifications) based on the draw when you were invited?

Why would she not want to be added to your application? Is she not moving to Canada too? If you are planning to leave her, then I'd say it's not a common-law relationship, even if you happen to have been living together for over a year.

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
I believe you should. If you added her to your CRS would you still have enough points (points can go up or down for adding a spouse/partner depending on their qualifications) based on the draw when you were invited?

Why would she not want to be added to your application? Is she not moving to Canada too? If you are planning to leave her, then I'd say it's not a common-law relationship, even if you happen to have been living together for over a year.
First of all, I am not planning to leave her haha
She cannot move right now. She has some obligations here in Brazil and this is why we cannot move together. As far as I know, once I include her in the application, she will have to move with me to Canada and stay there with me. It cannot be done for now.

What do you think?

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
First of all, I am not planning to leave her haha
She cannot move right now. She has some obligations here in Brazil and this is why we cannot move together. As far as I know, once I include her in the application, she will have to move with me to Canada and stay there with me. It cannot be done for now.

What do you think?
If she applies with you as an accompanying spouse/partner, she does not have to move and live with you right away. She gets a CoPR just like you and must land before the CoPR expires. The primary applicant (you) must land either first or at the same time with her.

She is then subject to the same residency obligations as you are. 730 days out of each rolling 5 year period. She could, in theory, stay in Brazil after she lands for up to 3 years minus a couple of days and then move to Canada (though CBSA is likely to heavily question this). If she were to move within a couple of years, it would be fine.

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
If she applies with you as an accompanying spouse/partner, she does not have to move and live with you right away. She gets a CoPR just like you and must land before the CoPR expires. The primary applicant (you) must land either first or at the same time with her.

She is then subject to the same residency obligations as you are. 730 days out of each rolling 5 year period. She could, in theory, stay in Brazil after she lands for up to 3 years minus a couple of days and then move to Canada (though CBSA is likely to heavily question this). If she were to move within a couple of years, it would be fine.
Absolutely makes sense. Im also obligated to live in Ontario for(I actually dont know for how long) due to my PNP policy.
Anyway, in this case it seems like I dont have to inform them about it.

backtotrack

Aug 16, 2019
Brazil
Category........
PNP
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-12-2018
Med's Done....
04-02-2019
Hello! Something quite weird just happened to my application status. Yesterday morning it had changed to "Updated" (and we have a print screen), but now it just went back to "Submitted" and nothing really changed... I'm quite worried since my process has taken 270 days already. GCSM notes were asked two weeks ago. Do you think I should send them a specific inquiry with the print?

Reactions: Danielespeter

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Good news for us today. Completely unexpected. PPR email received from London visa office after a 9 month wait.

We had no ADR. One ghost update 1 month ago and another 2 days ago.

Thank you for all the kind words of support. Hope the process comes to a good end for you all too.
Congratz!

Reactions: Sunshine1010

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Hello! Something quite weird just happened to my application status. Yesterday morning it had changed to "Updated" (and we have a print screen), but now it just went back to "Submitted" and nothing really changed... I'm quite worried since my process has taken 270 days already. GCSM notes were asked two weeks ago. Do you think I should send them a specific inquiry with the print?
That's called a ghost update. See my signature (turn your phone sideways if you don't see it) for Explanation of Terms.

This likely means your PPR is coming soon (or at least something like an ADR).

Reactions: backtotrack

hgyeo

Jul 10, 2019
You have got a ghost update which meant they did something on your application. I also received it two weeks ago, but nothing has happend so far. My AOR is Dec. 6 and VO is CIO, Sydney, NS. In addition, I applied GCMS on June 25, but have not received it yet. You are able to find several people who are still waiting for ppr. All we can do for now is just wait and pray until we hear from IRCC.

Reactions: backtotrack

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
How do you guys contact IRCC from abroad? They have blocked forwarding calls from global affairs.
thx
Download the TextNow app. Do not let it access location or auto-select an area code. Put in the 416 area code and it will generate a Canadian number.

Then simply dial the 888 IRCC number from your new Canadian number. It is free and uses data; not minutes.

xnitkam

Jan 4, 2018
I am not sure if most of you have read the news on Sithlord's case refusal. Got to know today and really feeling bad for him. He along with other contributors was lifeline of most of our 's PR journey. I am wishing that he gets his case get successfully repealed.

vesha1990

Mar 24, 2019
Good news for us today. Completely unexpected. PPR email received from London visa office after a 9 month wait.

We had no ADR. One ghost update 1 month ago and another 2 days ago.

Thank you for all the kind words of support. Hope the process comes to a good end for you all too.
Congrats!!!! Do you know if your eligibility required review?

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
I am not sure if most of you have read the news on Sithlord's case refusal. Got to know today and really feeling bad for him. He along with other contributors was lifeline of most of our 's PR journey. I am wishing that he gets his case get successfully repealed.
Do what now? Link??

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Download the TextNow app. Do not let it access location or auto-select an area code. Put in the 416 area code and it will generate a Canadian number.

Then simply dial the 888 IRCC number from your new Canadian number. It is free and uses data; not minutes.
It says this app is not available in my country :c