+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

MarcioSilva

Aug 27, 2018
Fresh news for you guys (at least Inland Folks)

I've ordered one more set of GCMS notes through CIC website. The first that I've ordered was 5 bucks. This last one was free of charge. I noticed some changes on the page, like a beta version or something (Just type ATIP and CIC)

So that's good news, we can save 5 bucks for a coffee or a beer! :)

Mar 29, 2019
Fresh news for you guys (at least Inland Folks)

I've ordered one more set of GCMS notes through CIC website. The first that I've ordered was 5 bucks. This last one was free of charge. I noticed some changes on the page, like a beta version or something (Just type ATIP and CIC)

So that's good news, we can save 5 bucks for a coffee or a beer! :)
Hi Marcio, I am not sure whether this is what happened to you but last time I ordered my notes 2 weeks ago and it was free of charge I have actually selected the wrong option so I selected "Privacy Act to Immigration" instead of "Access to Information Act to Immigration" I am not sure about the difference, however, I have requested them to cancel I have made another one under "Access to Information Act to Immigration" which now has charged me 5 bucks

Mar 29, 2019
Hi Marcio, I am not sure whether this is what happened to you but last time I ordered my notes 2 weeks ago and it was free of charge I have actually selected the wrong option so I selected "Privacy Act to Immigration" instead of "Access to Information Act to Immigration" I am not sure about the difference, however, I have requested them to cancel I have made another one under "Access to Information Act to Immigration" which now has charged me 5 bucks
Reading a bit more it seems that both would work just seems that the first is free of charge and the second costs 5 cad based on this thread you would only choose 2 if you are outside canada https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/

sumylili

Feb 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-12-2018
Interview........
04-06-2019
Passport Req..
Landing Email 17-05-2019
LANDED..........
04-06-2019
If you are currently in Canada, do it under Privacy Act free of charge. You will receive the same info, just make sure to select "include the officer's notes" option

sarkasmic

Apr 11, 2019
So I made an enquiry about the status of my application through the website and this is the response I received. Is this a generic response?

Good day XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application.
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
Sincerely,

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
So, I called CIC for the second time, I had the chance to speak to a very polite and helpful lady who told me that my application is in its final stage at CIO Sydney NS but will be transferred to Ottawa since it is my LVO. I asked specifically about Security, she mentioned that it already started and I am not put under screening which is a good news for me (I was a little bit scared of it due to the huge number of trips I made with my company). Finally she said that a small delay "could happen" due to the work load and it can reach to an additional 1 month. By the way, for each application CIC has a deadline to respect which is not the one in the progress bar, something I didn't know before, for me it is about an additional 25 days. I suggest you can ask about it once you are in touch with a call center agent. Good luck every one.

MarcioSilva

Aug 27, 2018
I see next time which hopefully will not be needed I will probably save 5 bucks ;)
Thank You @aleaugustoplus and @sumylili I've included the Officer Notes as you said. Great to know that is free of charge. Let's wait more 30 days and if I do not get the Golden Mail or the Interview Invite at least I will have fresh notes. The notes should arrive on June 3rd and my deadline is, theoretically, June 18th so let's see which will come first.

Thanks for your valuable contributions though,

Reactions: sumylili

sumylili

Feb 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-12-2018
Interview........
04-06-2019
Passport Req..
Landing Email 17-05-2019
LANDED..........
04-06-2019
So I made an enquiry about the status of my application through the website and this is the response I received. Is this a generic response?

Good day XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application.
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
Sincerely,
Yep, pretty generic

sumylili

Feb 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-12-2018
Interview........
04-06-2019
Passport Req..
Landing Email 17-05-2019
LANDED..........
04-06-2019
Thank You @aleaugustoplus and @sumylili I've included the Officer Notes as you said. Great to know that is free of charge. Let's wait more 30 days and if I do not get the Golden Mail or the Interview Invite at least I will have fresh notes. The notes should arrive on June 3rd and my deadline is, theoretically, June 18th so let's see which will come first.

Thanks for your valuable contributions though,
Good luck, hopefully PPR or interview comes first!!!

Rayroyal

Jan 12, 2019
Finally got to speak with an agent today.
Visa office: Ottawa
Eligibility: in progress
Criminality: passed
Security: not started
AOR: Dec 5
FSW O
Passed medicals/ biometrics request: Jan 15th
Biometrics submitted: January 30th
No ADR till date.
Raised a CSE sometime backs to upload ECA
Country of origin: Nigeria
NOC: 3113

I guess the wait continues really!!

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
My file was in Ottawa. Today I spoke to an agent was informed that my file has been transferred to London, UK. Any thoughts or feedback on what this might imply?
Thanks!
@legalfalcon your thoughts are highly appreciated.

MarcioSilva

Aug 27, 2018
Finally got to speak with an agent today.
Visa office: Ottawa
Eligibility: in progress
Criminality: passed
Security: not started
AOR: Dec 5
FSW O
Passed medicals/ biometrics request: Jan 15th
Biometrics submitted: January 30th
No ADR till date.
Raised a CSE sometime backs to upload ECA
Country of origin: Nigeria
NOC: 3113

I guess the wait continues really!!
I'm in very similar status with the difference of AOR being Dec.18th. Time is coming, let's wait

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
My file was in Ottawa. Today I spoke to an agent was informed that my file has been transferred to London, UK. Any thoughts or feedback on what this might imply?
Thanks!
@legalfalcon your thoughts are highly appreciated.
I believe that any movement especially to an LVO is a positive thing.

Reactions: Shahanastar