+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
Need some help here. I am FSWO with AOR 26 dec and MEP 6 feb and no update since then.

Now I also have to schedule a L1 US visa appointment so wanted to know if and when ppr comes, what is the window that we get to submit the passports and after submitting how many days to get it back.

Secondly, if i get L1 before PPR and move to US immediately, what will be the procedure to allow me to submit passports for COPR in US instead of India? Does IRCC even allow that?

Lastly whats the most bankable time frame as of now when we can expect the golden email?

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Yes, I know about those questions & answers... Thank you for pointing to that again ..

Now, in addition to that (or may be I wasn't clear at that time or I didn't understand completely), I have few more queries/questions. I will summarize them and ask again.. :)
@vinay16, I don't know enough about these things in order to help, but I remember you had brought this up a while ago so I dug up those posts. Click here to read your post from February, and the responses that follow from @USProgrammer and @cansha on the same page.

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
@USProgrammer @cansha @derkdsou @legalfalcon

Thanks a lot for answering all the questions/queries I asked. Without you along with few other guys, it would have been really difficult to enjoy this roller coaster ride. I am trying to explore the options as I'm not married yet and things are going on at my end though I'm not sure exactly when everything will be finalized. ( Indians can understand typical arrange marriage stuff easily). I'm trying to narrow down questions as much as possible.

1. If I send my passport for stamping as a single applicant and receive CoPR. However, there is a chance that I may get married in between CoPR and landing in Canada( last allowed date might be in November as my medical expires in November). What are the options for me?

a. Do I have to inform IRCC in that case? And what will happen in this case?
b. Can I return my CoPR at that time and add my spouse in existing file & wait for PR? or will it be all together new application for both of us?
c. Can I apply my spouse's visa via spousal sponsorship based on my PR? or is it necessary to land before applying for spousal VISA?
d. Kindly suggest any other option/way if there is any.

2. If I receive my CoPR and land in Canada, what will be my options to invite my spouse?

a. Create an application of spousal sponsorship? Is it possible to do that only after receiving PR Card or can it be done before that? (Considering I do soft landing.)
b. Is it possible to invite her based on any sort of open work permit?
c. If she has tourist visa, I think she can stay there for max 6 months. is this viable option? and what will be advantage/disadvantages in this case during stay as well as for future VISA application?

Thanks a lot again guys..!!!

amarinder30

Feb 2, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Gurgaon
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-01-2019
Passport Req..
18-04-2019
Got the PPR yesterday. Here is my timeline
AOR: 3 Dec 2018
Medicals: 15 Jan 2019
IP2/Background check started update: 16 Apr 2019
PPR: 18 Apr 2019
Category: FSW (Applied from India)
NOC: 2283 - Information systems testing technicians/Software Test Engineer
Total Time taken: 4.5 months

Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

GenDent

Feb 6, 2019
Got the PPR yesterday. Here is my timeline
AOR: 3 Dec 2018
Medicals: 15 Jan 2019
IP2/Background check started update: 16 Apr 2019
PPR: 18 Apr 2019
Category: FSW (Applied from India)
NOC: 2283 - Information systems testing technicians/Software Test Engineer
Total Time taken: 4.5 months

Good luck everyone.
Congratulations!!!!

Reactions: amarinder30

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019

Thanks a lot for answering all the questions/queries I asked. Without you along with few other guys, it would have been really difficult to enjoy this roller coaster ride. I am trying to explore the options as I'm not married yet and things are going on at my end though I'm not sure exactly when everything will be finalized. ( Indians can understand typical arrange marriage stuff easily). I'm trying to narrow down questions as much as possible.

1. If I send my passport for stamping as a single applicant and receive CoPR. However, there is a chance that I may get married in between CoPR and landing in Canada( last allowed date might be in November as my medical expires in November). What are the options for me?

b. Can I return my CoPR at that time and add my spouse in existing file & wait for PR? or will it be all together new application for both of us?
c. Can I apply my spouse's visa via spousal sponsorship based on my PR? or is it necessary to land before applying for spousal VISA?

2. If I receive my CoPR and land in Canada, what will be my options to invite my spouse?

a. Create an application of spousal sponsorship? Is it possible to do that only after receiving PR Card or can it be done before that? (Considering I do soft landing.)
c. If she has tourist visa, I think she can stay there for max 6 months. is this viable option? and what will be advantage/disadvantages in this case during stay as well as for future VISA application?

I'm pretty sure these are the same questions you asked before too.

1a. Yes, you must inform IRCC. They will require medical for your new wife and do all the background checks which will definitely add time. I don't know if your CoPR date will be extended, and I don't know if you'll need a new medical, but those are possibilities.

1b. You don't "return your CoPR" but it won't be valid if you are married after. See 1a.

1c. You cannot become a PR if you are married between CoPR and landing. If you are married before landing, your CoPR will have to be updated and they will have to do the checks. This is the easiest, fastest way. You cannot sponsor her on a spousal visa if you are married before you land and you in fact may be deported/banned if you try to do this.

2a. If you are married after you land, it's the same as everyone else. You just do inland or outland spousal sponsorship.

2b. I don't understand this question.

2c. If CBSA determines she is there to live permanently, they will not allow her in on a visitor visa.

I don't understand arranged marriage at all, but if you don't even know the person, I'd just advise landing and then applying on spousal sponsorship. If you want to take this person with you to Canada, then you need to get married now and include them in your application/CoPR.

Reactions: vinay16

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Now I also have to schedule a L1 US visa appointment so wanted to know if and when ppr comes, what is the window that we get to submit the passports and after submitting how many days to get it back.
No impact. You will get your passport back after L1 visa interview in 2-3 days. And you will have 30 days to submit passport after PPR

Secondly, if i get L1 before PPR and move to US immediately, what will be the procedure to allow me to submit passports for COPR in US instead of India? Does IRCC even allow that?
It is allowed. Instructions of updating will be in PPR. Or you can do so by raising a CSE before that

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

You are asking same question again and again. Not sure what is not clear.

1. In first scenario you HAVE to inform IRCC that you are married now. There are no options. Once you inform they add your spouse to your application. You will have to prove your marriage. You provide medical of spouse and they issue new COPR. This is the best option for you.

2. You can't sponsor spouse unless you are living in Canada. You can come back after soft landing but can't sponsor spouse. She can apply via express entry in that case.
If you're living in Canada .. You can sponsor her outland or inland. Do some search and you can find pros and cons of each.
She can come on tourist visa and then you can start her inland sponsorship and file for OWP with the same application. If her application is accepted she will get OWP as soon as your receive AOR. Chances of tourist visa getting rejected are high as well.

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Thank you so much for detailed answer and extremely sorry for asking again. I understood that I can't add spouse if I receive CoPR and don't complete landing and I can invite only via spousal entry. This caused confusion and I asked the question again with all the possibilities.

Sorry and thanks again :)
I'm pretty sure these are the same questions you asked before too.

1a. Yes, you must inform IRCC. They will require medical for your new wife and do all the background checks which will definitely add time. I don't know if your CoPR date will be extended, and I don't know if you'll need a new medical, but those are possibilities.

1b. You don't "return your CoPR" but it won't be valid if you are married after. See 1a.

1c. You cannot become a PR if you are married between CoPR and landing. If you are married before landing, your CoPR will have to be updated and they will have to do the checks. This is the easiest, fastest way. You cannot sponsor her on a spousal visa if you are married before you land and you in fact may be deported/banned if you try to do this.

2a. If you are married after you land, it's the same as everyone else. You just do inland or outland spousal sponsorship.

2b. I don't understand this question.

2c. If CBSA determines she is there to live permanently, they will not allow her in on a visitor visa.

I don't understand arranged marriage at all, but if you don't even know the person, I'd just advise landing and then applying on spousal sponsorship. If you want to take this person with you to Canada, then you need to get married now and include them in your application/CoPR.

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Thanks a lot again and I'm extremely sorry for asking similar questions.. I did try to understand last answers but as I mentioned I got confused between few things and asked question again with all the possibilities. I didn't want to take any risks.

I didn't know that if I haven't completed my landing after receiving CoPR, I can add her in my existing file and new CoPR can be issued. Thank you so much for clarifying. I'm really sorry and thank you so much. :)

1. In first scenario you HAVE to inform IRCC that you are married now. There are no options. Once you inform they add your spouse to your application. You will have to prove your marriage. You provide medical of spouse and they issue new COPR. This is the best option for you.

2. You can't sponsor spouse unless you are living in Canada. You can come back after soft landing but can't sponsor spouse. She can apply via express entry in that case.
If you're living in Canada .. You can sponsor her outland or inland. Do some search and you can find pros and cons of each.
She can come on tourist visa and then you can start her inland sponsorship and file for OWP with the same application. If her application is accepted she will get OWP as soon as your receive AOR. Chances of tourist visa getting rejected are high as well.

Ghanada_

Mar 28, 2019
Quick question please... So for example if you get married in February and for some reason you don't get your certificate. You travel for honeymoon and work and come back this month to go for your marriage certificate. Your wife is an

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
No impact. You will get your passport back after L1 visa interview in 2-3 days. And you will have 30 days to submit passport after PPR

It is allowed. Instructions of updating will be in PPR. Or you can do so by raising a CSE before that
Thanks Cansha. Then it makes sense to schedule L1 as per the availability and with PPR I will have 30 days to submit the passport.

Any idea after submitting the passport after PPR how much time it takes to get the passport back?