App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018
hey guys, me and my spouse are working in government service at the moment as a teacher and an engineer. We have also submitted this information on personal history section as "government".Today I read a comment that says existence of government service is an issue that keeps security screening longer. Do you think this make sense?

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hmm, I imagine a large number of applicants work for the government in their home countries. I haven't heard of such a bias, except for the armed services. Yet, I've also read about people that served in the military and were expecting to be put through a security screening but were not.

hey guys, me and my spouse are working in government service at the moment as a teacher and an engineer. We have also submitted this information on personal history section as "government".Today I read a comment that says existence of government service is an issue that keeps security screening longer. Do you think this make sense?

Reactions: ozaN

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have few queries(actually many queries :p) if anyone can guide me please

1 As per current trend (just going by the observations), I have extended my last working day at office to 19 April 2019 (can extend further if I want ). My AoR is 6 Dec 2018. MEP is 16 Jan 2019. Should I raise CSE regarding my last working day or should I wait till my last day ?? Moreover, I'm going to spend time with my family and visiting few places in my country. Should I mention this reason in that CSE ?

2 I'll go to UK for couple of weeks prior to landing in Canada.
(a) Should I wait till I get passport stamped prior to applying VISA for UK? or should I apply the VISA now and mention the result of that via CSE ( need to upload my passport again along with visa details). It may delay the procedure I think. However, share your thoughts about this.
(b) If I opt to apply for VISA of UK after getting passport stamped & visit UK prior to landing in Canada, will I have to inform IRCC about this?

3 I may get married before PPR. But I can delay that as I'm not in hurry. But I need your opinion on the following ( I know you may get confused with the way I'm elaborating things.):
(a) If I get married after getting passport stamped, do I have to inform IRCC about this? or is it fine if I land in Canada and after getting CoPR, apply for wife's PR via Spousal sponsorship? As I don't want to delay landing.
(b) If I don't get married and land in Canada & do register marriage while staying away from my country & better half staying there( I need to confirm whether that is possible or not), will I be able to apply for PR via spousal sponsorship? I read many things regarding the time required for getting PR via spousal sponsorship, I think it is approx 10-11 months. Correct me if I am wrong.
(c) Is there any other way to land in Canada together / after getting married & declaring about that after getting passport stamped without delaying the file?

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Hi everyone,

1 As per current trend (just going by the observations), I have extended my last working day at office to 19 April 2019 (can extend further if I want ). My AoR is 6 Dec 2018. MEP is 16 Jan 2019. Should I raise CSE regarding my last working day or should I wait till my last day ?? Moreover, I'm going to spend time with my family and visiting few places in my country. Should I mention this reason in that CSE ?

(a) Should I wait till I get passport stamped prior to applying VISA for UK? or should I apply the VISA now and mention the result of that via CSE ( need to upload my passport again along with visa details). It may delay the procedure I think. However, share your thoughts about this.
(b) If I opt to apply for VISA of UK after getting passport stamped & visit UK prior to landing in Canada, will I have to inform IRCC about this?

3 I may get married before PPR. But I can delay that as I'm not in hurry. But I need your opinion on the following ( I know you may get confused with the way I'm elaborating things.):
(a) If I get married after getting passport stamped, do I have to inform IRCC about this? or is it fine if I land in Canada and after getting CoPR, apply for wife's PR via Spousal sponsorship? As I don't want to delay landing.
(b) If I don't get married and land in Canada & do register marriage while staying away from my country & better half staying there( I need to confirm whether that is possible or not), will I be able to apply for PR via spousal sponsorship? I read many things regarding the time required for getting PR via spousal sponsorship, I think it is approx 10-11 months. Correct me if I am wrong.
(c) Is there any other way to land in Canada together / after getting married & declaring about that after getting passport stamped without delaying the file?
Wow. That's a lot to get into. My answers should be read with the understanding that I only know things from what I've read and I'm not an immigration consultant blah blah.

1. I think you should have your quitting date at least at late May. Reasoning: Check out recent Indian PPRs. They are around 138 days at the low end but as high as 6 months. Even if you get 138 days, add another month for CoPR to be able to get on that plane. That's 168 days. That's over 5 and a half months from AOR, putting you at late May at the earliest to get on that plane to Canada.
  2. I think you should get CoPR before messing with the UK Visa. You don't want to be without your passport when they ask for it, and it may cause questions when you send your passport to get the CoPR if you have the new Visa.
  3. I don't think you need to tell IRCC if you get a UK visa after getting CoPR. It's just a visa, an authorization to travel. I've never seen IRCC tell someone they're not allowed to go anywhere but Canada, and I don't think that would be reasonable.
  4. If you get married before landing, you must tell IRCC, even if it happens after PPR and CoPR. If you haven't landed, you're not a permanent resident, and your circumstances have changed.
  5. If you intend to be married soon, you should do it now, inform IRCC, and get him/her added to the application. This is the easiest way. As you said yourself, it may take a long time to do a spousal sponsorship. Do you want to be without your other half that long? Will the long distance across an ocean for almost a year end your relationship? My understand is spousal sponsorship requires you to be inland. Also IRCC may think you were deceiving them if you get PR and then immediately have a new spouse to sponsor.
  6. You have basically just applied. If he/she's a common law partner now (lived together over a year), you can add him/her now. You don't have to wait for marriage. Even if it delays your case a small amount of time, they are still going to be working on your items. I believe you should add him/her now if you can. It's the easiest way for you to both land and live together.
I hope that helps. Again, I only know things from what I've read. I'm not an expert. Take that for what it's worth (not much).

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi everyone,

1. Your choice but better to extend it given current timelines.
2. Doesn't matter. Your trips after AOR are irrelevant to the process.
3. a. Technically yes. You need to inform IRCC for family changes before you have landed even after having COPR .
3.b. You can and yes it is a long process
3.c. The best way is to get married now and add your spouse to application now. There is no other way to avoid delaying the process.

Reactions: vinay16

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
1. Your choice but better to extend it given current timelines.
2. Doesn't matter. Your trips after AOR are irrelevant to the process.
3. a. Technically yes. You need to inform IRCC for family changes before you have landed even after having COPR .
3.b. You can and yes it is a long process
3.c. The best way is to get married now and add your spouse to application now. There is no other way to avoid delaying the process.
I basically said the same things as you, but yours is shorter, so he may not read mine. With that in mind, I'd like to say on your "3.c.", he could add him/her now if they are common law partner (living together for 1 year as a couple) without having to marry.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I basically said the same things as you, but yours is shorter, so he may not read mine. With that in mind, I'd like to say on your "3.c.", he could add him/her now if they are common law partner (living together for 1 year as a couple) without having to marry.
You're correct but I assumed if they were already common law partners he/ she may have already added him/ her to application. But, if not they should. But again there are always challenges in proving a common law relationship so that will be another thing to consider if choosing that route.

Gaurav26

Feb 9, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi guys,
Applied on Dec 10
Medical cleared jan 2019
Paid RPRF. in 29 jan
Now still don’t got any message about finger print. How much time it take from here.