+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
It could be a 'ghost update' or it could be that the status of your background changed to either IP1 or IP2...it's hard to know without further information. Given you were required to provide your biometrics, it is likely that you have been in IP2 ever since you submitted them, and it is likely you had a 'ghost update'. It would be great if you could create a signature on this portal as an easy reference to your overall profile, and I would also recommend creating a profile on MyImmiTracker.com. Please look at my signature or that of @USProgrammer, for example.

If these terms (IP1/IP2) are still unclear to you, I suggest you read this: Explanation of Terms.

I have done my biometrics on Feb 4 and had a ghost update on Feb 8. Anybody knows what does this mean?!?

Last edited:

Gaurav26

Feb 9, 2019
Category........
FSW
It could be a 'ghost update' or it could be that the status of your background changed to either IP1 or IP2...it's hard to know without further information. Given you were required to provide your biometrics, it is likely that you have been in IP2 ever since you submitted them, and it is likely you had a 'ghost update'. It would be great if you could create a signature on this portal as an easy reference to your overall profile, and I would also recommend creating a profile on MyImmiTracker.com. Please look at my signature or that of @USProgrammer, for example.
What is ghost update ???

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
On the top right-hand corner of this page, hover your mouse over your name 'Gaurav26 - a drop-down menu should appear with an option called 'Signature' - click this and create a signature for yourself that it similar to either mine or that of @USProgrammer. Having a signature makes it easier for us to help you quickly as we can see your candidate profile in a snapshot without having to ask you a lot of follow-up questions as @Shahanastar had to do.

I would also recommend creating a profile on MyImmiTracker.com and linking that to your signature here, as I have done.

Th

thanka Vinny. I applied from india Chandigarh. And what is signature. I got aor before 31 Dec. Paid rprf on 29 jan 2019.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shahanastar

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Ah, in that case, from what I recall, if you get married and do not tell IRCC, it will not affect your landing or PR BUT it will be *impossible* for you to sponsor your partner because it would be a mark against you that you did not declare them/treated as fraud.

If you're legally married and you got married before becoming a permanent resident, you MUST tell them and update your application. If you get married legally *after* landing and getting PR, then it makes no difference to them. But getting married refers to the legal paperwork. My wife and I never had a ceremony outside of the legal stuff. Whether the wedding has happened is irrelevant.

To be clear, this is just my understanding from what I've read about other people on this forum etc and should not be treated as legal advice

First of all, thank you for reply.. I'm thinking about option you wrote .. but again. exploring options and considering the available ones..

Secondly, I have posted in the thread dedicated to @legalfalcon . Hope he will see that thread as well as reply here, if he doesn't mind..

Now, This is very tricky to explain. Registered marriage means that you are officially married. It's not different than officially married. It will involve parents /guardian from groom & bride side and they complete paper work which is legal document - marriage certificate without any hassle of traditional indian marriage which requires many rituals to follow, particular timings, relatives, friends etc ( this is for traditional marriage only). That is the reason of having traditional marriage after 9-10 months after coming back to home country. No other reason behind this and if I get only registered marriage and land in Canada, I will have time to have sponsor my better half via spousal sponsorship which is taking approx 12 months if I go by timeline of that category ( this is again mere observation - I might be wrong) & I will be back home after 10 months, as stated above, so both of us will be together after a year or so & there might be at least some sort of base ready for her so she won't have to face all the struggle initially or face less struggle at that time... Hope I was able to clarify things...

Reactions: vinay16

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
First of all, thank you for reply.. I'm thinking about option you wrote .. but again. exploring options and considering the available ones..

Secondly, I have posted in the thread dedicated to @legalfalcon . Hope he will see that thread as well as reply here, if he doesn't mind..

Now, This is very tricky to explain. Registered marriage means that you are officially married. It's not different than officially married. It will involve parents /guardian from groom & bride side and they complete paper work which is legal document - marriage certificate without any hassle of traditional indian marriage which requires many rituals to follow, particular timings, relatives, friends etc ( this is for traditional marriage only). That is the reason of having traditional marriage after 9-10 months after coming back to home country. No other reason behind this and if I get only registered marriage and land in Canada, I will have time to have sponsor my better half via spousal sponsorship which is taking approx 12 months if I go by timeline of that category ( this is again mere observation - I might be wrong) & I will be back home after 10 months, as stated above, so both of us will be together after a year or so & there might be at least some sort of base ready for her so she won't have to face all the struggle initially or face less struggle at that time... Hope I was able to clarify things...
So here is the thing if you just had PR and got married and you wanted to sponsor your spouse you will be asked to show pictures of rituals etc as those are expected in Indian weddings and just having a registered marriage will raise suspicion. Search the forum on spousal sponsorship and you will see that.

I think even now if you get married and you inform CIC they will ask you for supporting documents and since you are not already married my best educated guess is that they will ask you for marriage proof and being from India just showing registered marriage certificate but not have any rituals may be suspicious and will seem like marriage done just to get PR.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Ah, in that case, from what I recall, if you get married and do not tell IRCC, it will not affect your landing or PR BUT it will be *impossible* for you to sponsor your partner because it would be a mark against you that you did not declare them/treated as fraud.

If you're legally married and you got married before becoming a permanent resident, you MUST tell them and update your application. If you get married legally *after* landing and getting PR, then it makes no difference to them.
Correct

Sho_

Dec 31, 2018
I have done my biometrics on Feb 4 and had a ghost update on Feb 8. Anybody knows what does

If these terms (IP1/IP2) are still unclear to you, I suggest you read this: Explanation of Terms.
I think im in IP1 cuz my BG status is “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”

xnitkam

Jan 4, 2018
Folks, logged into IRCC today and noticed a ghost update with no changes whatsoever in the status within. Did anyone notice similar while being in IP2 ?

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Wonderful, and welcome to the forum!

It would be great if you could create a signature on this portal as an easy reference to your overall profile -- please look at my signature or that of @USProgrammer, for example. I would also recommend creating a profile on MyImmiTracker.com and adding a link to that in your signature.

Hello!
Finally got an update on my stats page :)
AOR:25/12/2018
MEP: 07/02/2019
Biometrics requested for both me and my husband (Jordanian and Pakistani nationalities respectively)

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
Folks, logged into IRCC today and noticed a ghost update with no changes whatsoever in the status within. Did anyone notice similar while being in IP2 ?
I received my 2nd ghost update early this week, I’ve been in IP2 for 2 weeks... did wonder if I would get anything Friday but looking at other threads on this forum and immtracker no PPR’s were issued Friday. Back to the waiting game.

Reactions: derkdsou