AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
07-12-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2020
This year was my 3rd attempt at the H1b visa and I didn’t get that. I thought I’d move to canada, but then I got stuck in that process. Had to sell my car and downsize, and move back to India, while my employer had figure out how to hire me in Canada as a PR (not work visa). That went down the drain. I had to move back to India. Now I’m not certain when or if I get to Canada, and if that job would still be there. I’m just going on the deep end of being unlucky. 2019 is just not my year.
Dang, I'm in exact same situation...
I was really hoping to stay in the US but I also couldn't get the H1B and my EAD expired so I had to leave.
Things unfortunately didn't work out for me in America, and now I'm hoping the same doesn't happen for Canada.

divoojay

Nov 29, 2018
Hello - I have a question regarding the Goods Accompanying List - do we have to itemize every item we are carrying? Like clothing, bedding, toiletries and the number of items in each? Any help in this would be great. I am flying to YYZ on 28th Sep.

rduggal1987

Dec 19, 2017
Hello - I have a question regarding the Goods Accompanying List - do we have to itemize every item we are carrying? Like clothing, bedding, toiletries and the number of items in each? Any help in this would be great. I am flying to YYZ on 28th Sep.
Not the right forum to ask though not everything needs to be itemized but you will have to fill a form having list of items that you are bringing along (includes dairy product, alcohol etc)

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
T
Hmm... not sure but there is no update on the form though.. still says eligibility is in progress..
They will not update online for a while - but if the agent said so - that is good enough

Mine has not changed online - says review required - eligibility / background check in progress - But when i called last week - Agent said everything passed and file approved

So hang in there

rduggal1987

Dec 19, 2017
T

They will not update online for a while - but if the agent said so - that is good enough

Mine has not changed online - says review required - eligibility / background check in progress - But when i called last week - Agent said everything passed and file approved

So hang in there
So what's your status now.. you received PPR?

tarunraja1

May 22, 2019
Dang, I'm in exact same situation...
I was really hoping to stay in the US but I also couldn't get the H1B and my EAD expired so I had to leave.
Things unfortunately didn't work out for me in America, and now I'm hoping the same doesn't happen for Canada.
To be honest, it feels better knowing there are others going through the same phase. But at the other hand I’ve almost given up hope. The day it happens, it happens. But whenever it does, I’m definitely going forward with a bad experience, and will try to work on a good future. My employer was gonna bring me back to the US next year, initially I had a lot of faith and expectations from Canada but I soon realised its just another bureaucracy. I’m slowly looking forward to going back to the US.

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
To be honest, it feels better knowing there are others going through the same phase. But at the other hand I’ve almost given up hope. The day it happens, it happens. But whenever it does, I’m definitely going forward with a bad experience, and will try to work on a good future. My employer was gonna bring me back to the US next year, initially I had a lot of faith and expectations from Canada but I soon realised its just another bureaucracy. I’m slowly looking forward to going back to the US.
I know what you mean.. "First impression is the last impression" more often than we'd like to agree and Canada has ruined it's own image, before I even set foot there. It's just a pit stop now before my true destination in life.. We are the resource Canada is most hungry for and this is the value we are shown at the door!

Reactions: Maya1515

NMOT

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Dubai, UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-01-2020
Nomination.....
21-11-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
07-12-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2020
Let's not lose hope yet! I definitely know how it feels to have all odds going against you but we just gotta stay strong. And if you're able to go back to the US next year, well then great!
Fingers crossed for all of us and hope we get to Canada soon.

Reactions: capricorn7

tarunraja1

May 22, 2019
I know what you mean.. "First impression is the last impression" more often than we'd like to agree and Canada has ruined it's own image, before I even set foot there. It's just a pit stop now before my true destination in life.. We are the resource Canada is most hungry for and this is the value we are shown at the door!
I totally agree! So many people at my work just assumed the canadian stereotype, and are surprised that I still havent heard anything from them. I get asked weekly if I heard something. So much for Canada is so nice, they have the best Immigration system. I agree it has a really liberal immigration system, and in theory one of the best in the world. But all countries have bad sides to them, all systems too. In this case, lack of transparency, lack of meeting deadlines, hitting the “80%” goal instead of an actual queue are some of them.

tarunraja1

May 22, 2019
Let's not lose hope yet! I definitely know how it feels to have all odds going against you but we just gotta stay strong. And if you're able to go back to the US next year, well then great!
Fingers crossed for all of us and hope we get to Canada soon.
I agree, going back to US was always a choice, but I was looking forward to Canada. I didnt want to go back to not knowing where I stand immigration wise. I want the stability, I guess they’re making us wait to see how valuable that stability is. I hope so too! I want all of us to hear good news and move to Canada soon. I might be selfish but I want us to be prioritized over the newer applications.