25-01-2019
Med's Done....
07-03-2019
Passport Req..
10-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2020
Dang, I'm in exact same situation...
I was really hoping to stay in the US but I also couldn't get the H1B and my EAD expired so I had to leave.
Things unfortunately didn't work out for me in America, and now I'm hoping the same doesn't happen for Canada.
Almost similar situation here. Did my master's in US in a non-STEM program. Did not get picked up in the H1B lottery last year. So decided to start with Canadian PR application. One year down the line no PR yet.

On the other hand, husband did his PhD in the US and was working in a Fortune 500 company. This year was the 3rd time for his H1B lottery, and he didn't his H1B either this year. His EAD expired as well and had to resign.

We couldn't decide which option would be cost effective going back to India or waiting out the period for the Canadian PR. So, he decided to re-enroll into a Master's program in the US to maintain status until the Canadian PR comes if it comes at all.

Reactions: PrasadK

rduggal1987

Dec 19, 2017
Is there anyone whose file is in Edmonton office. I came to about my file when I spoke to CIC agent. My AOR was 27 Dec 2018, got an ADR on FEB 11 2019, since then no update. What I came to know post talking to many people is that Edmonton office is very slow in processing the files.
We are the lucky ones

NMOT

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Dubai, UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-01-2020
Nomination.....
21-11-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
07-12-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2020
Almost similar situation here. Did my master's in US in a non-STEM program. Did not get picked up in the H1B lottery last year. So decided to start with Canadian PR application. One year down the line no PR yet.

On the other hand, husband did his PhD in the US and was working in a Fortune 500 company. This year was the 3rd time for his H1B lottery, and he didn't his H1B either this year. His EAD expired as well and had to resign.

We couldn't decide which option would be cost effective going back to India or waiting out the period for the Canadian PR. So, he decided to re-enroll into a Master's program in the US to maintain status until the Canadian PR comes if it comes at all.
:( That's really sad to hear, especially when you guys have such high qualifications. The whole "lottery" system is BS.
I see that your AOR is January -- don't worry, there's still hope! I know the wait is dreadful but hopefully it'll all be worth it in the end!

mxg

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Calgary
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-01-2019
Med's Done....
07-03-2019
Passport Req..
10-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2020
:( That's really sad to hear, especially when you guys have such high qualifications. The whole "lottery" system is BS.
I see that your AOR is January -- don't worry, there's still hope! I know the wait is dreadful but hopefully it'll all be worth it in the end!
Thank you. Hoping for the best. Good luck to you too :)

Reactions: NMOT

hgyeo

Jul 10, 2019
Apart from raising webforms, ordering GCMS notes, mailing Goodale and calling IRCC; is there anything else one can do, to wake-up IRCC agents and request them to touch the file?
Unfortunately, there is no way to do that based on my experience. I requested GCMS notes on June 25, but have noe received it yet. Whenever I contacted IRCC by phone and email, they repeated my applicaton and request are in progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taurean

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Yes, it is so weird. And my application status is "currently unavailable" !
The agent who sent the e-mail asking for medical request signed only as LP... bizarre...
Ive just received the same email. Also signed by LP
Seems like its not a coincidence...

hgyeo

Jul 10, 2019
Hey guys, I am wondering these.

1. Is there anyone who has not received GCMS notes over 2 months after your request?

2. How did you get some detailed information when you phoned IRCC? The representative always told me that my application is in progress and we will contact you when the final decision makes or the additional documents require.

3. I recevied a ghost update three weeks ago but has happened nothing so far. Any idea about this?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Hello! I just received a Medical Request. They gave me 30 days. I'm surprised since my exams only expire in 90 days... Do you know if I should have another XRay? Or see the panel doctor would be enough?
You should do a complete remedical as they expect you too - i do not know if there is an option to break down the medicals ..

Anyways that is movement - a good sign - good luck

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Hey guys, I am wondering these.

1. Is there anyone who has not received GCMS notes over 2 months after your request?

2. How did you get some detailed information when you phoned IRCC? The representative always told me that my application is in progress and we will contact you when the final decision makes or the additional documents require.

3. I recevied a ghost update three weeks ago but has happened nothing so far. Any idea about this?

Thank you in advance.
Reply for point 1).

When you call - break down the question on details - ask them details on eligibility, criminality, security and date of medical expiration ..

Also the last update on file - the day the file was last updated in the system

Last edited:
Reactions: hgyeo