+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Check months June-Oct // a lot of movement and updates - looks like they are catching up - hang in there..

For all the delayed files that has not seen movement for a while - one year or med exp looks like the deadline for the files to move again - just a trend
Just checking in to see if PPRs have been raining here? I'm from the January thread but that thread has been mostly dead.. There's no activity anymore :(

mghicho

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Hey guys, I am wondering these.

1. Is there anyone who has not received GCMS notes over 2 months after your request?

2. How did you get some detailed information when you phoned IRCC? The representative always told me that my application is in progress and we will contact you when the final decision makes or the additional documents require.

3. I recevied a ghost update three weeks ago but has happened nothing so far. Any idea about this?

Thank you in advance.
Ordered on june 19th, not received yet

May 9, 2019
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-12-2018
Doc's Request.
25-09-2019
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Request
31-01-2019
Passport Req..
04-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2019
Finally i have received an update from London office, they have asked requested additional information to fill form IMM-5406 Additional Family information.

Please advice if any care need to be done during its submission.

Taurean

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Hey guys, I am wondering these.

1. Is there anyone who has not received GCMS notes over 2 months after your request?

2. How did you get some detailed information when you phoned IRCC? The representative always told me that my application is in progress and we will contact you when the final decision makes or the additional documents require.

3. I recevied a ghost update three weeks ago but has happened nothing so far. Any idea about this?

Thank you in advance.
Applied in June, did not receive it. Again applied in August, waiting for it.

Reactions: hgyeo

y73gao

Mar 11, 2019
Submitted on Dec 21st.
Eligibility Passed, Criminality Passed, Security still in progress. Medical Expiration: Nov 21st. Last file update is on March, and they said it doesn't mean they are not working on the file. The last update I've received is on Feb....
Still waiting...

Taurean

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Submitted on Dec 21st.
Eligibility Passed, Criminality Passed, Security still in progress. Medical Expiration: Nov 21st. Last file update is on March, and they said it doesn't mean they are not working on the file. The last update I've received is on Feb....
Still waiting...
Visa Office?

Avtar cheema

Sep 25, 2019
Just had a talk with an agent. All passed! Now waiting to get an email! The agent also informed that most likely my medical will be extended since I am living in Canada. Patience is without any doubt a virtue here!
I’m in the same boat all passed waiting for the medical extension

Reactions: d6k5d3

Sundeep8220

Mar 17, 2019
Dear All,

Last week I received the golden email. We had our photographs ready and sent them off, received our COPR yesterday.

It's been a very long process and although the news has been joyously received, it's been somewhat bittersweet. We've faced so many challenges in the past year, uncertainty with our jobs here in the UK and those waiting for us in Canada. Lots of financial pressures (paying two private school fees in Vancouver to keep our daughters' places, as well as paying for the fees for school they already attend in England etc). Lost the buyer for our house as we couldn't commit to a moving date and so on and so forth.

We very nearly didn't get our PR. We requested our GCMS notes and were advised by an immigration consultant all was ok (Sterling Immigration). It's important to state that we did our own application but simply used the consultant for advice on GCMS.

We felt things were not ok however, spoke to Manmeet Rai from GetGCMS. He's an Ontario based attorney and I simply cannot praise him enough. He was able to spot a subtle error the initial officers had picked up re job duties description (we're both Doctors from the UK), helped us draft an additional information document and submit. After that we went from "Eligibility: not met" to receiving our PR.

Lots of people have written on this forum to simply wait and it'll all happen. It took us 9.5 months and the last 4 months have been hell and really pushed us to the limits of our mental health and wellbeing. I sincerely hope you all receive positive news soon and can move on with your lives.

Best wishes

---------------------
ITA: 12th November 2018
AOR: 12th December 2018
Medicals: December 2018
Biometrics request 27th Jan 2019.
No Ghost updates or anything until 12th August - first Ghost update. I think this was receipt of our additional documents that we submitted around 27th July 2019.
Ghost Update 13th September.
PR with request for passport pictures etc 18th
COPR: 25th September.

London Visa Office: file was transferred there from Canada around 27th March 2019 according to GCMS notes.

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Dear All,

Last week I received the golden email. We had our photographs ready and sent them off, received our COPR yesterday.

It's been a very long process and although the news has been joyously received, it's been somewhat bittersweet. We've faced so many challenges in the past year, uncertainty with our jobs here in the UK and those waiting for us in Canada. Lots of financial pressures (paying two private school fees in Vancouver to keep our daughters' places, as well as paying for the fees for school they already attend in England etc). Lost the buyer for our house as we couldn't commit to a moving date and so on and so forth.

We very nearly didn't get our PR. We requested our GCMS notes and were advised by an immigration consultant all was ok (Sterling Immigration). It's important to state that we did our own application but simply used the consultant for advice on GCMS.

We felt things were not ok however, spoke to Manmeet Rai from GetGCMS. He's an Ontario based attorney and I simply cannot praise him enough. He was able to spot a subtle error the initial officers had picked up re job duties description (we're both Doctors from the UK), helped us draft an additional information document and submit. After that we went from "Eligibility: not met" to receiving our PR.

Lots of people have written on this forum to simply wait and it'll all happen. It took us 9.5 months and the last 4 months have been hell and really pushed us to the limits of our mental health and wellbeing. I sincerely hope you all receive positive news soon and can move on with your lives.

Best wishes

---------------------
ITA: 12th November 2018
AOR: 12th December 2018
Medicals: December 2018
Biometrics request 27th Jan 2019.
No Ghost updates or anything until 12th August - first Ghost update. I think this was receipt of our additional documents that we submitted around 27th July 2019.
Ghost Update 13th September.
PR with request for passport pictures etc 18th
COPR: 25th September.

London Visa Office: file was transferred there from Canada around 27th March 2019 according to GCMS notes.
Sounds like a poor joke...Feel sorry for you guys.
If the officers in the VO are British then it seems like nothing has changed regarding office work quality in the UK.
Madness

hgyeo

Jul 10, 2019
I just called IRCC and got some information about my application. I had waited for 15 minutes to reach the agent and she was very nice and friendly. According to her, my application passed all (eligibility, criminal and security checks, and medical exam) and my medical exam still valid but IRCC might request to do it again. She told me that I just need to be patient and wait for now.

BTW, is there anyone to do a medical exam again although it is valid?

Reactions: kzeed12

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
I just called IRCC and got some information about my application. I had waited for 15 minutes to reach the agent and she was very nice and friendly. According to her, my application passed all (eligibility, criminal and security checks, and medical exam) and my medical exam still valid but IRCC might request to do it again. She told me that I just need to be patient and wait for now.

BTW, is there anyone to do a medical exam again although it is valid?
Hey. Same here. Everything is passed, but they reauested remedicals 2 days ago. I think the same may happen to you. Although my medicals were expired way before I received the request, Ive seen a guy getting the request before his meds expired.
Patience...

Reactions: kzeed12 and hgyeo