+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

Indiacan

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
adubey said:
Website says 1 year is normal processing time. However looking at the spreadsheets, you should hear soon. Mine is in IP since Jan 24th and yes family cases do take longer than individual and if the center is Scarboro or Missisauga then wait is even longer.
Thanks Adubey

khalid h

Jan 21, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad.....UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 July 09
Doc's Request.
11 Sep 09
Nomination.....
05 Jan 2010
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2010
IELTS Request
7 sent with docs
File Transfer...
30th June 2010
Med's Request
1st May 2012
Med's Done....
21st May 2012
Interview........
No please
Passport Req..
PPR1-18th July, PPR2- 17th August
VISA ISSUED...
5th Sept 2012
LANDED..........
17th October 2012 inshAllah
Staralihaider and Imran01,

Nice to see you again here :)
we were active in 2012 on this forum. Hope you remember me

skekk

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My test was on April 11th, on April 13th it's already showing Decision made!
:) :) :)

khalid h

Jan 21, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad.....UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 July 09
Doc's Request.
11 Sep 09
Nomination.....
05 Jan 2010
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2010
IELTS Request
7 sent with docs
File Transfer...
30th June 2010
Med's Request
1st May 2012
Med's Done....
21st May 2012
Interview........
No please
Passport Req..
PPR1-18th July, PPR2- 17th August
VISA ISSUED...
5th Sept 2012
LANDED..........
17th October 2012 inshAllah
staralihaider said:
yes brother how are you ?
I am good, what about you? I live in Mississauga and enjoy Canada. So all our group is back to this forum again at similar time for next step :)

Torap

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2012
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
15-04-2012
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
Med's Request
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
28-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2012
LANDED..........
05-07-2012
Hello friends,

My status has been changed to Decision made on March 17th. No signs of Oath letter. Do you how long it usually takes to receive an oath letter.

Thank you!

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Torap said:
Hello friends,

My status has been changed to Decision made on March 17th. No signs of Oath letter. Do you how long it usually takes to receive an oath letter.

Thank you!
Average is between 1-3 months. I received my oath invite 2 months after DM.

KenCalgary2016

Star Member
Nov 25, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have a concern, I called CIC this morning I talked to a lady, I told her that I need to give updates to our application. My father's police clearance is still in process at the FBI, We will not meet the deadline CIC gave us. She told me that I need to write a letter to CIC requesting for extension. Is this right? Because in the letter we received from CIC we just need to call them. We received the CIT 0520 after our citizenship test. Thank you.

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
KenCalgary2016 said:
Hi Guys,

I have a concern, I called CIC this morning I talked to a lady, I told her that I need to give updates to our application. My father's police clearance is still in process at the FBI, We will not meet the deadline CIC gave us. She told me that I need to write a letter to CIC requesting for extension. Is this right? Because in the letter we received from CIC we just need to call them. We received the CIT 0520 after our citizenship test. Thank you.
I would write to them and send it by registered post as well - just to ensure that I have evidence I sent it to them!

Why take a chance?

Indiacan

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Hi

We sent Family application in December 2016 and they stared processing on January 21, 20017

Any updates for Family Class application sent during this period ? we renewed PR card in 2015/16 so they have all the info for us...still taking too much time....

Thanks

NGE

Feb 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
29-01-2012
Alhamdulliah. Now I am proud Canadian Citizen. Last 12th April, 2017 I had my oath ceremony. I already applied for my passport. Everything's were so smooth by the grace of almighty Allah, though I was so tensed because I have long absence from Canada and was missing same day travel in USA.

Regarding my long absence I wrote a cover letter explaining the reason separately during application submission. After applying I realize I missed same day travel trip to USA. When I got my AOR then, I sent another cover letter to CIC and re submit the physical calculator again though the day calculation was same.

During interview they didn't ask any tough question just asked what is my intention to live in Canada. I saw they have my security clearance and CBA report, but still she checked each n every page of my both (expire n new) passport. I asked the office I had a same day travel in USA which I missed. Then she told, they have the update one, coz I resubmit both way ( in online and paper copy)

I would like to thanks all of the member of this forum, esp [size=10pt]imran01, thecoolguysam, .Steve, PVN, dkera[/size]

It was very nice to meet and get help from all of you.

Good luck everyone

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NGE said:
Alhamdulliah. Now I am proud Canadian Citizen. Last 12th April, 2017 I had my oath ceremony. I already applied for my passport. Everything's were so smooth by the grace of almighty Allah, though I was so tensed because I have long absence from Canada and was missing same day travel in USA.

Regarding my long absence I wrote a cover letter explaining the reason separately during application submission. After applying I realize I missed same day travel trip to USA. When I got my AOR then, I sent another cover letter to CIC and re submit the physical calculator again though the day calculation was same.

During interview they didn't ask any tough question just asked what is my intention to live in Canada. I saw they have my security clearance and CBA report, but still she checked each n every page of my both (expire n new) passport. I asked the office I had a same day travel in USA which I missed. Then she told, they have the update one, coz I resubmit both way ( in online and paper copy)

I would like to thanks all of the member of this forum, esp [size=10pt]imran01, thecoolguysam, .Steve, PVN, dkera[/size]

It was very nice to meet and get help from all of you.

Good luck everyone
Congrats NGE!!!

Can I ask you a question? I remember you were in Scarborough office.
Could you apply for a passport right away? Or did you have to wait 1-2 days?