+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

curious1290

Jul 7, 2015
Hi,

I am an applicant from Toronto. Can someone help me with two queries :-

1) I saw a notification that your file has been transferred to a local office on May 23rd for 7 days and now i can't see it anymore. Is it normal? What does it mean?

2) If processing has started on April 13th, when can i expect a test call up?

My online status is as under :-

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 1, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 20, 2015.
We started processing your application on April 13, 2015.

Thanks all for your help in answering my queries and good luck!!

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
curious1290 said:
Hi,

I am an applicant from Toronto. Can someone help me with two queries :-

1) I saw a notification that your file has been transferred to a local office on May 23rd for 7 days and now i can't see it anymore. Is it normal? What does it mean?

2) If processing has started on April 13th, when can i expect a test call up?

My online status is as under :-

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 1, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 20, 2015.
We started processing your application on April 13, 2015.

Thanks all for your help in answering my queries and good luck!!
1) That problem (4th line disappearing) has happened to many here. It seems to be a technical problem on CIC's end. Don't worry about it too much.
2) your test date depends on your local office, hence from the time your file was transferred. Here in this forum, we have observed that the max waiting time (for routine non-RQ applications) from one step to the next is 4 months. Therefore, given that your file was transferred on May 23rd (which is your last step so far), you should expect notification for your next step (hopefully test invitation) by September 23rd the very latest. But on average it seems to be more around 2 months. Therefore you should really start waiting for the test invite as from July 23rd (this month). Some people have had it within a month or even less after their file was transferred. But the average is more around 2 months.

curious1290

Jul 7, 2015
AsianIndian said:
1) That problem (4th line disappearing) has happened to many here. It seems to be a technical problem on CIC's end. Don't worry about it too much.
2) your test date depends on your local office, hence from the time your file was transferred. Here in this forum, we have observed that the max waiting time (for routine non-RQ applications) from one step to the next is 4 months. Therefore, given that your file was transferred on May 23rd (which is your last step so far), you should expect notification for your next step (hopefully test invitation) by September 23rd the very latest. But on average it seems to be more around 2 months. Therefore you should really start waiting for the test invite as from July 23rd (this month). Some people have had it within a month or even less after their file was transferred. But the average is more around 2 months.
Thanks a lot!! Very helpful!!!

byateman

Feb 19, 2015
Hi AsianIndian,
Your analysis is awesome I also notice that most of the changes in status is happening in every two moths.
Thanks for your perfect analysis.

Application Sent:Dec 22,2014
Application Received:Dec 23,2014
AOR Email:Feb 27,2015
In process:May 25,2015
Transferred kine disappeared on May 29.

Romain

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Kitchener Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
15-03-2011
File Transfer...
13-01-2010
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
We received a test invitation letter for July 17th.
The letter was sent on July 3rd and received on July 6th.
No update on eCas though (still just showing transfer to local office...)

Our Local office is in Kitchener ON

May 31, 2011
2Bcanuck said:
The original copy of your IELTS might be irrelevant during the test. As the interviewer will let you know, the interview is, in fact, another language assessment and you are expected to communicate clearly with the CIC officer. I don't think they will review it further since those documents have been submitted and approved. Good luck.

Hey guys ,

I finished my test + interview . Everything went well . They said I can expect to be called in for Oath within 4 months . The officer was nice and polite .

Just an fyi ... it gets really busy out there ( scarb office ) . They really need more space . And better directions/instructions once you walk in .

Thanks for the advice thecoolguysam and 2Bcanuck . Really appreciate it .

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Supercalifragilistic said:
Hey guys ,

I finished my test + interview . Everything went well . They said I can expect to be called in for Oath within 4 months . The officer was nice and polite .

Just an fyi ... it gets really busy out there ( scarb office ) . They really need more space . And better directions/instructions once you walk in .

Thanks for the advice thecoolguysam and 2Bcanuck . Really appreciate it .
congratulations :)

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Romain said:
We received a test invitation letter for July 17th.
The letter was sent on July 3rd and received on July 6th.
No update on eCas though (still just showing transfer to local office...)

Our Local office is in Kitchener ON
Congrats !! :D
Wow ! So your test invitation was issued just 3 weeks after your transfer line ??
I know we are certainly not with the same local office, but you are giving me real hope now ! :D :D My transfer line is just 2 weeks old....

byateman said:
Hi AsianIndian,
Your analysis is awesome I also notice that most of the changes in status is happening in every two moths.
Thanks for your perfect analysis.

Application Sent:Dec 22,2014
Application Received:Dec 23,2014
AOR Email:Feb 27,2015
In process:May 25,2015
Transferred kine disappeared on May 29.
you are welcome !

curious1290 said:
Thanks a lot!! Very helpful!!!
You are welcome !

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Finally I have got Decision Made in my e-cas
Still no updates regarding test/oath invite.
Expecting a oath letter anytime :) :D
Me too. Fingers crossed!

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
We indeed have similar timelines. Do you have any other updates on e-cas, other than "started processing"?
Nope. 1. received, 2. sent you confirmation, 3. started processing. That's why I almost gave up checking ecas..