+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzhuang said:
Congrats! The link to the book is here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/ You can download the pdf, or order a physical copy (will take about two weeks for it to arrive). Read the book carefully because some test questions can be a bit tricky. If you understand the content then you will have no problems.

Congrats to you too! I was very excited when I got my test invite too! it's great to see more December fellow applicants are taking tests.
So, you did not get your Oath Invite yet. I had told you, that you should still register and go ahead for the conference. If you get the Oath letter, you could have just pulled out last moment. :-(

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
So, you did not get your Oath Invite yet. I had told you, that you should still register and go ahead for the conference. If you get the Oath letter, you could have just pulled out last moment. :-(
I want to keep good reputation with the community :) The conference is held each year and I like to apply the next time. Now I need to worry about a collaboration meeting Aug 3-4 in Florida...face palm.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzhuang said:
I want to keep good reputation with the community :) The conference is held each year and I like to apply the next time. Now I need to worry about a collaboration meeting Aug 3-4 in Florida...face palm.
Hmmm....Good thinking. Anyways, what happens is always for the best. Probability scales would tilt a lot towards you getting an oath latest by July 22. Have you figured out next steps once you get the oath? I am not sure of your current nationality and how it impacts Dual citizenship, etc. I will share my experience though. I am an Indian national and India does not support Dual Citizenship. I had my oath on June 9th and needed to travel to Europe in the 3rd week of June. I got the Citizenship Certificate on June 9th, applied for Canadian Passport on June 11th (Express processing; they do not allow Urgent unless you are travelling within 48 hours), got my passport on June 15th, then applied for renunciation of Indian Citizenship on June 16th (against Indian law to have Indian citizenship after acquiring another country's citizenship; also on Indian citizenship, I would have required Schengen visa to visit Europe) and then travelled to Europe. So, I needed enough time handy to complete all these steps before I could travel out of Canada. I am sure you would have figured out all your required steps too, but just wanted to ensure that you keep enough time in buffer for your Aug 3-4 meeting in Florida.

soheil

Feb 22, 2015
Guys,

I had my test on 3 July 2015, and got 20/20. Just to tell you this thing, the exam was such an easy one, no need to be stressful. Just, be really prepared cauz the questions might be asked among 5 different booklet, mine was a blue one, every column sitted in the exam room had its own color booklet. So, after the exam which was taken for me around 10 min, everybody was directed to another room having different officers, in front of us. I was waiting for another 40 min to be asked for the oral presentation. I had all my original and supporting docs on my hands. She was an easygoing officer, in Montreal office, asking me some simple questions, my current status, where do I do my studies and work, where I have been doing my studies so far and so on... same time, checking my ids and PR card, and medi care and driving license...

I got interviewd and then, told my exam result.. the next step as she said would be ceremony take 2 to 4 months, I don't know how it should be? any idea, for Montreal office?

It was awesome and so fast, just read two times the book and be prepared.. do some tests online to have bit ideas about the questions, But The First and The last ref. is YOUR BOOK (DISCOVER CANADA)

Hope to see you everyone Canadian!!!

;) :D

MTLR

Apr 5, 2015
esense said:
MTLR, see you there :)

What time is your test?
looks like we have exactly the same timeline :)
test is at 1pm. Thinking about bringing translated passport stamps with me, what do you think?
have you heard of how long it usually take to get Oath after test day?

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Hmmm....Good thinking. Anyways, what happens is always for the best. Probability scales would tilt a lot towards you getting an oath latest by July 22. Have you figured out next steps once you get the oath? I am not sure of your current nationality and how it impacts Dual citizenship, etc. I will share my experience though. I am an Indian national and India does not support Dual Citizenship. I had my oath on June 9th and needed to travel to Europe in the 3rd week of June. I got the Citizenship Certificate on June 9th, applied for Canadian Passport on June 11th (Express processing; they do not allow Urgent unless you are travelling within 48 hours), got my passport on June 15th, then applied for renunciation of Indian Citizenship on June 16th (against Indian law to have Indian citizenship after acquiring another country's citizenship; also on Indian citizenship, I would have required Schengen visa to visit Europe) and then travelled to Europe. So, I needed enough time handy to complete all these steps before I could travel out of Canada. I am sure you would have figured out all your required steps too, but just wanted to ensure that you keep enough time in buffer for your Aug 3-4 meeting in Florida.
Thanks for sharing your experience. This is really helpful. I'm Chinese, so the situation is different http://www.travelchinaguide.com/essential/dual-nationality.htm I don't need to renounce the other citizenship, it's automatic.
China does not recognize dual nationality. The Article 3 of China Nationality Law holds that the country will not admit the dual nationality of a Chinese citizen. Moreover, the Article 9 of that law declares that as soon as a Chinese takes a foreign citizenship, he will automatically lose his Chinese citizenship.

Kovachum

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
garian4u said:
Thanks Gaian4u for sharing your experience.
Do we (Indians) have to send the passport to Indian embassy? or how to you surrender the passport?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Kovachum said:
Thanks Gaian4u for sharing your experience.
Do we (Indians) have to send the passport to Indian embassy? or how to you surrender the passport?
This link has all the information that you need:

http://www.blsindia-canada.com/

harry_aussie

Jun 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2011
AOR Received.
25/07/2011
File Transfer...
15/08/2011
Med's Request
15/12/2011
Med's Done....
19/12/2011
Interview........
WAIVED !!!!!/ Casual interview with visa officer on 5/3/2012
Passport Req..
21/2/2012, submitted on 27/2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
1/3/2012, valid till 20/12/2012, collected on 5/3/2012
LANDED..........
Landed,16 September 2012
Luckily we are all getting closer to be Canadians. I am happy to share the news that we got date to write Citizenship test. Following is the update on ecas:-

We sent you a notice on July 3, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 23, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
harry_aussie said:
Luckily we are all getting closer to be Canadians. I am happy to share the news that we got date to write Citizenship test. Following is the update on ecas:-

We sent you a notice on July 3, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 23, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
congratulations and good luck!

e.chad

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Transfer line is gone for a month now .... i don't see any update from Mississauga office ::)

DenverCO

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Am done with my Citizenship test today. I read the Discover Canada book couple of times and practiced online tests. It was helpful to do the test well ... Scored 19 out of 20.

Interview was smooth too. I was not having the entry stamps for all my US visits as I was re-using my I-94 for the whole 6 months that it is valid for. The officer told me that she is going to order CBSA records. The one I carried with me is from before my application was submitted to CIC. She will call me personally if there are any issues, else expect to get my oath invite in 2 to 4 months .... I am preparing myself for the 4 months as they plan to order CBSA records. I was surprised that they had not done it before calling me for the test!

Best of luck everyone ...

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DenverCO said:
Am done with my Citizenship test today. I read the Discover Canada book couple of times and practiced online tests. It was helpful to do the test well ... Scored 19 out of 20.

Interview was smooth too. I was not having the entry stamps for all my US visits as I was re-using my I-94 for the whole 6 months that it is valid for. The officer told me that she is going to order CBSA records. The one I carried with me is from before my application was submitted to CIC. She will call me personally if there are any issues, else expect to get my oath invite in 2 to 4 months .... I am preparing myself for the 4 months as they plan to order CBSA records. I was surprised that they had not done it before calling me for the test!

Congratulations !

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
DenverCO said:

congratulations :)