+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soheil, I did not got that 2-page prohibitions. However, you may check with others from Montreal about this.

My "important interview notice" colored letter only said things like what to bring to the interview. Sorry I don't know much about the prohibitions.

troll2

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
soheil said:
Is the color makes different since I have that paper saying what I need to bring to the test date.. such as PR card, two id carss, abd the original papers and ... I have that paper in my heavy package as well, but the color is white... :)
Pink, yellow and blue paper is only for VIP's. Since yours is white ... you must be just regular P's.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@soheil

As far as i remember but can't recall exactly however, some people in this forum have got the prohibitions letter along with the test invite. I am not sure about the local office.

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello every one, I'm very glad to write in this topic and participate in this topic because I need some advices if you could help me
first of all , I'm permanent resident of Canada , I landed in Canada in June 2010 , I stayed living in Montreal till august 2011 after that I went visit my family at my back home country it was a vacation for 45 days , I came back to Canada in September 2011 and moved to Calgary , I 'm still living in Calgary . I applied for my citizenship from Calgary in September 2013 . after that I went to visit my family at my home country, it was in October 2013 . I stayed in my home country till march 2014 it was long visit because my mom was sick. unfortunately , during my last visit to my country I lost all of my documents including my PR card , my social insurance number , my master card , my debit card , my Canadian driving license , my passport , my medical card and some other documents. I went to the police station in my country and I got a report that I lost all of my documents that was in February 2014, I applied for travel document to come back to Canada and I got it in march 2014, so I have now new passport of my country it is issued in February 2014 and I was lucky to come back to Canada in march 2014. when I came to Canada they sent me Rq in march 2014 and I filled it out and sent it to Cic in April 2014 , they needed it maximum 1 month to send it. but they need my old passport with stamps that I lost it but I sent with Rq some support document like police report from my home country, my medical report , my flights tickets, my study course record , taxes assessment and some other documents. my time line is application sent September 2013 , started processing January 2014 , Rq received march 2014 , Rq sent April 2014 . I'm now 21 month ago when I applied , I called Cic and they told me that I'm non routine application 36 month. I got cbsa report 2 month ago and some other documents to proof my residence in Canada from June 2010 till September 2013, I got some other documents from airlines company , my travel record from home country and I will send all of these document to support my file.
I would like to ask some questions
1 - lost of passport can affect my file and get refuse ? I tried to get all of documents to verify and prove my residence in Canada and I'm honest and truthful

2- I will be 36 month non routine application in September 2016 till this time I think I will meet with the Calgary judge but if I will pass the exam and the judge doesn't accept all of this proof and he refused my application what procedure can I take , I just expect the worst scenario?
3 proof like ( police report from my country , air line tickets , cbsa report, medical record , taxes report, study record, travel record from my home country, t4 , t5,lease of rent, bank statement , credit statements) all of these documents are not enough to convince cic officer or agent and the judge?
4- what I could do in case of the judge will refuse my application ? I should apply with the new law after 4 years?
I will be glad if you will answer me and give me some advices , I'm very patient and very glad to see your replies
kind regards

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeune said:
hello every one, I'm very glad to write in this topic and participate in this topic because I need some advices if you could help me
first of all , I'm permanent resident of Canada , I landed in Canada in June 2010 , I stayed living in Montreal till august 2011 after that I went visit my family at my back home country it was a vacation for 45 days , I came back to Canada in September 2011 and moved to Calgary , I 'm still living in Calgary . I applied for my citizenship from Calgary in September 2013 . after that I went to visit my family at my home country, it was in October 2013 . I stayed in my home country till march 2014 it was long visit because my mom was sick. unfortunately , during my last visit to my country I lost all of my documents including my PR card , my social insurance number , my master card , my debit card , my Canadian driving license , my passport , my medical card and some other documents. I went to the police station in my country and I got a report that I lost all of my documents that was in February 2014, I applied for travel document to come back to Canada and I got it in march 2014, so I have now new passport of my country it is issued in February 2014 and I was lucky to come back to Canada in march 2014. when I came to Canada they sent me Rq in march 2014 and I filled it out and sent it to Cic in April 2014 , they needed it maximum 1 month to send it. but they need my old passport with stamps that I lost it but I sent with Rq some support document like police report from my home country, my medical report , my flights tickets, my study course record , taxes assessment and some other documents. my time line is application sent September 2013 , started processing January 2014 , Rq received march 2014 , Rq sent April 2014 . I'm now 21 month ago when I applied , I called Cic and they told me that I'm non routine application 36 month. I got cbsa report 2 month ago and some other documents to proof my residence in Canada from June 2010 till September 2013, I got some other documents from airlines company , my travel record from home country and I will send all of these document to support my file.
1 - lost of passport can affect my file and get refuse ? I tried to get all of documents to verify and prove my residence in Canada and I'm honest and truthful

2- I will be 36 month non routine application in September 2016 till this time I think I will meet with the Calgary judge but if I will pass the exam and the judge doesn't accept all of this proof and he refused my application what procedure can I take , I just expect the worst scenario?
3 proof like ( police report from my country , air line tickets , cbsa report, medical record , taxes report, study record, travel record from my home country, t4 , t5,lease of rent, bank statement , credit statements) all of these documents are not enough to convince cic officer or agent and the judge?
4- what I could do in case of the judge will refuse my application ? I should apply with the new law after 4 years?
I will be glad if you will answer me and give me some advices , I'm very patient and very glad to see your replies
kind regards
If you met the 1095 days required at the time you submitted your application and if you maintain your PR status throughout the citizenship process then you have nothing to worry about. It will just take time, max April 2016.

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
If you met the 1095 days required at the time you submitted your application and if you maintain your PR status throughout the citizenship process then you have nothing to worry about. It will just take time, max April 2016.

thank you so much can V for your answer

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
jeune said:

kind regards
I am sorry to know that you had lost your important documents including the passport.
Passport is a crucial document (mainly stamps) to show entries and exits. Did you by any chance have recent photocopies of all pages of your passport, and if yes, did you submit them along with RQ or with the application?

You can search online and this forum for such scenarios happened with other people too( I am talking about lost passport).

At the end it is upon Citizenship Judge's discretion to grant you citizenship or not. It will depened upon how strong your ties are with canada and what supporting documents you have submitted.

Good luck!

Edwardsharpe

May 13, 2015
Hi guys,

I am a Montreal applicant. Just wanted to inform you that i finally received the invite for the oath ceremony. It will take place on the 7th of July at the same place where i took the test. Test was taken on the 4th of june and the status ecas changed on the 11th of june from in process to Decision made.just like many other applicants, the fourth lot line is gone but came back with the same date when decision was made (11th of june). When i count the day when they received the application in mid December of last year to the day of the oath it will have taken 6 1/2 months to complete the process.
For those of you who are getting ready to do the test please do read the book, it is important that you do it. I studied my ass off, read the book not so carefully, did a few practice tests. And believe me there was still a stupid question that i didnt know.all the info you need to know is in those 50 pages. So once again read the book. Dont skim it, read it properly. As far as the interview is concerned, stay calm, be honest, look through your passport and know the stamps. Be ready to explain them, especially if they are in different languages. As long as you are prepared you will not panick. And if you have made a mistake in the residence calculator by simply putting in a wrong date, like i have, just be honest about it. It is better to admit the mistake then lie.
I wish you all the best!!!!

mchangy

Jun 6, 2015
I passed my test last Friday (June 19th) at Mississauga Office and received a phone call today at noon. The first number called from 289-777-9084 (I missed this one) than 289-998-9317 called me 6 minutes later to inform me that I had been selected to go to a special oath ceremony on June 24 (this coming Wednesday) at BMO Field. My ECAS has yet changed. Did anyone receive a similar message? Does CIC call people during weekend? Thank you!

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I am sorry to know that you had lost your important documents including the passport.
Passport is a crucial document (mainly stamps) to show entries and exits. Did you by any chance have recent photocopies of all pages of your passport, and if yes, did you submit them along with RQ or with the application?

You can search online and this forum for such scenarios happened with other people too( I am talking about lost passport).

At the end it is upon Citizenship Judge's discretion to grant you citizenship or not. It will depened upon how strong your ties are with canada and what supporting documents you have submitted.

Good luck!
thank you so much for your replay thecoolguysam

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Edwardsharpe said:
Hi guys,

I am a Montreal applicant. Just wanted to inform you that i finally received the invite for the oath ceremony. It will take place on the 7th of July at the same place where i took the test. Test was taken on the 4th of june and the status ecas changed on the 11th of june from in process to Decision made.just like many other applicants, the fourth lot line is gone but came back with the same date when decision was made (11th of june). When i count the day when they received the application in mid December of last year to the day of the oath it will have taken 6 1/2 months to complete the process.
For those of you who are getting ready to do the test please do read the book, it is important that you do it. I studied my ass off, read the book not so carefully, did a few practice tests. And believe me there was still a stupid question that i didnt know.all the info you need to know is in those 50 pages. So once again read the book. Dont skim it, read it properly. As far as the interview is concerned, stay calm, be honest, look through your passport and know the stamps. Be ready to explain them, especially if they are in different languages. As long as you are prepared you will not panick. And if you have made a mistake in the residence calculator by simply putting in a wrong date, like i have, just be honest about it. It is better to admit the mistake then lie.
Congratulations :)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
mchangy said:
I passed my test last Friday (June 19th) at Mississauga Office and received a phone call today at noon. The first number called from 289-777-9084 (I missed this one) than 289-998-9317 called me 6 minutes later to inform me that I had been selected to go to a special oath ceremony on June 24 (this coming Wednesday) at BMO Field. My ECAS has yet changed. Did anyone receive a similar message? Does CIC call people during weekend? Thank you!
Congratulations :)

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mchangy said:
Good for you, just called CIC on Monday to confirm!

FJK

Mar 18, 2015
Edwardsharpe said:
Hi guys,

Congraaaaats..so happy for you :) i am a montreal applicant too , i have a question though, you got the oath invite by mail? have the e case mentioned the oath details? or only decision made?