+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

babiah

Apr 13, 2015
Hi Fellow Applicants -

I wanted to share my timelines as I am a December applicant too. I am just furious at receiving the RQ as I was hopeful that my application will go through with much problems. Now I need to get all visas and entry and exit stamps translated in English as well as gather a billion documents that would probably sit in a CIC office for months and years.

Please find below my timelines but I will really appreciate if you could provide advice on what documents and evidence i need to send.

Here is my timeline:
I applied from MILTON
Applied: 06 Dec 2014
Received: 08 Dec 2015
AOR Received: 18 Feb 2015
ECAS Updated: 25 Mar 2015
ECAS In Process Status: 31 Mar 2015
RQ Received: 10 April 2015 ( sent from Sydney but have been asked to submit response to Mississauga)

I look forward to hearing from you all.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babiah said:
Hi Fellow Applicants -

I wanted to share my timelines as I am a December applicant too. I am just furious at receiving the RQ as I was hopeful that my application will go through with much problems. Now I need to get all visas and entry and exit stamps translated in English as well as gather a billion documents that would probably sit in a CIC office for months and years.

Please find below my timelines but I will really appreciate if you could provide advice on what documents and evidence i need to send.

Here is my timeline:
I applied from MILTON
Applied: 06 Dec 2014
Received: 08 Dec 2015
AOR Received: 18 Feb 2015
ECAS Updated: 25 Mar 2015
ECAS In Process Status: 31 Mar 2015
RQ Received: 10 April 2015 ( sent from Sydney but have been asked to submit response to Mississauga)

I look forward to hearing from you all.
Why do you think you received RQ?

babiah

Apr 13, 2015
@CanV - I had 30 trips to 08 different countries during my qualifying period. I don't see any other reason since I have a very stable job and have been in the same organisation since I arrived in Canada. Either its the number of trips or I have misreported a couple of entry/exit dates. Lets see now how long does it take for the process

soheil

Feb 22, 2015
well, forget this topic for now, I finger crossed, next year all of you will be laughing at these today posts cuz you will be Canadians!

So, enjoy having a great night future Canadians!

An in Processed future Canadian from MOntrEal ! ;D

triumpher83

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks, I am getting worried now.

Time line:
Received: 22 Dec 2014
AOR Received: 19 Feb 2015
NO IP or File Transfer and no updates.

I know there are couple ( I would say few of them ) are waiting along with me. But It will be almost 60 days and no movement.

SK_NKR

Dec 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
triumpher83 said:
Folks, I am getting worried now.

Time line:
Received: 22 Dec 2014
AOR Received: 19 Feb 2015
NO IP or File Transfer and no updates.

I know there are couple ( I would say few of them ) are waiting along with me. But It will be almost 60 days and no movement.
triumpher83,

I would not get worried as the ECAS is not very reliable with updates and this has been mentioned over and over in many threads on this forum. My own experience indicates the same.

My wife and 2 minor children have applied in August of 2014 and their file went into process in November 2014. She ordered GCMS report in February 2015 as their case referred to PSU for parentage and the GCMS report indicated that parentage was established and the files were in transit to Saskatoon office. The ECAS shows only in process.

Yesterday She called CIC and the agent informed her that the files have been received by Saskatoon office on 6th March 2015 but the ECAS still does not reflect that. It says in Process and on clicking the in process link, it does not say file transferred to local office as reported by others in this thread.

I applied in December 2014 like you with the AOR on 27th Feb 2015. My ECAS shows Received. I called CIC and the agent told me that my file was still in Sydney.

So once again, I would not get worried. Keep in mind that you, I or anybody else on this forum do not have any control on how, when and where our files move but rest assured that our files will move forward. 8)

triumpher83

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you SK_NKR
I feel little relaxed now. Thank you for giving your timeline, explains how ecas works, lol.
I know ecas status is vague. I advised the same few days ago to someone and now I am the one how is worried :p
Hoping best for everyone.

Jarina

Apr 12, 2015
Hey guys here is my timeline below. Good luck to everyone who are writing their test this month.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 8, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 7, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 22, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on March 9, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

We sent you a notice on April 8, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 23, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jarina said:
Hey guys here is my timeline below. Good luck to everyone who are writing their test this month.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 8, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 7, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on March 9, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

We sent you a notice on April 8, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 23, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congrats! Seems you and several others will take the test on 23rd. My date is 22nd, as indicated in the letter, but my ecas is still not updated. Has anyone else has received the letter but no ecas update?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
yyzhuang said:
Congrats! Seems you and several others will take the test on 23rd. My date is 22nd, as indicated in the letter, but my ecas is still not updated. Has anyone else has received the letter but no ecas update?
No ecas update for me either

Seweify

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys if anybody has received their test letter, do they give enough time between the date of the letter and the test date...just wondering....

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jarina said:

Hello Jarina,

Congrats!!! Way to go.

Hopefully you do well and then, your Oath Ceremony!!!

Moving fast eh? Dec to April...

All the best,

SFD

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seweify said:
Guys if anybody has received their test letter, do they give enough time between the date of the letter and the test date...just wondering....
usually 2 weeks but I heard some people get the letter later on in the mail, if your file has transfered I suggest to start reading on ur spare time

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaazdeh said:
usually 2 weeks but I heard some people get the letter later on in the mail, if your file has transfered I suggest to start reading on ur spare time
Shaazdeh,

My file was transferred on March 31 and I have already started reading the book. I am even taking some online test practice. You never know. Better be prepared lol.... Right?

Have a nice weekend!

SFD