+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

Kovachum

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
AsianIndian said:
So I called CIC again this morning as per the advice of some of you guys (to call in the morning lol). And I didn't even have to lie that I couldn't access the eCAS. I just told him that I was calling to check the status of my application. And, unlike the agent from last week, he asked me for my info and accessed my file. Basically no new information. He just said that my file is still in Sydney and hasn't been transferred yet, but that it was complete with all the documents needed. I failed to ask him about the background checks. Do you think I should ? Anyway I am 46 days post AOR, and the record right now is 56 days. So I'll keep waiting and see if I break that record on Friday of next week. Anyway, I am calling them again on June 5th if I don't have a test date by then...
In the meantime, I wish good luck to some of you who are writing their test tomorrow !
Thank you AsianIndian.

I'm all set for writing my test tomorrow! Will update you all tomorrow afternoon with my experience.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harry_aussie said:
Friends, I am sooooo happy today :) ;D ;D

I received the long awaited news about my Citizenship ceremony here in Australia. I will be attending the Citizenship ceremony on 21 May 2015 and finally become an Aussie. It took more than 9 years for me to become a Citizen of this wonderful country as i came here as a student.

I will be moving to Canada after that and then the mission(Canadian Citizen) starts. My wife already has her Canadian Citizenship application in process.

All in all it took 4 months for the Citizenship process to be done and dusted here in Australia.

I wish everyone here and my wife a speedy processing for their Citizenship application.
Here it takes 4 months to start processing an application.

pisces123

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kovachum said:
Thank you AsianIndian.

I'm all set for writing my test tomorrow! Will update you all tomorrow afternoon with my experience.
goodluck with your test!

pisces123

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzhuang said:
I'm glad the early morning call worked for you! It seems your file is ok, may just had a slow officer. Be more patient, your day will come!
I think "patience" is the name of the game

GS_Toronto

Feb 4, 2015
Hello,

Received RQ today :'( :'( :'( from Sydney and have been asked to submit documents to Scarborough office.

I had physical presence of 1119 days and my wife had 1139 days. Not sure why was RQ triggered for our application.

Now I am stressed, confused and clueless.

Can all the lovely people please share their experience, information on documents that I should be sending to CIC and wait times on my citizenship application.

Thanks you very much and wish me luck (I need it badly)

GS_Toronto

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GS Toronto,

No need to panic! Wait and see what kind of docs they are requiring from you: perhaps it is just passport pages photocopies? Or just Finger prints?

Relax that there is solution for everything in LIFE...

All the best,

SFD

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
GS_Toronto said:
Hello,

Received RQ today :'( :'( :'( from Sydney and have been asked to submit documents to Scarborough office.

I had physical presence of 1119 days and my wife had 1139 days. Not sure why was RQ triggered for our application.

Now I am stressed, confused and clueless.

Can all the lovely people please share their experience, information on documents that I should be sending to CIC and wait times on my citizenship application.

Thanks you very much and wish me luck (I need it badly)

GS_Toronto
Don't worry GS_Toronto... Things will work out better than you are anticipating. All the best and Good Luck to you.

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Kovachum said:
Thank you AsianIndian.

All the best for your test tomorrow Kovachum. Waiting to hear your experience.

GS_Toronto

Feb 4, 2015
SFD said:
GS Toronto,

No need to panic! Wait and see what kind of docs they are requiring from you: perhaps it is just passport pages photocopies? Or just Finger prints?

Relax that there is solution for everything in LIFE...

All the best,

SFD
Thank you for injecting positive spirit in me :) . Any sage advice on list of documents that I should be including along with my RQ

Flute

Apr 5, 2014
harry_aussie said:

I received the long awaited news about my Citizenship ceremony here in Australia. I will be attending the Citizenship ceremony on 21 May 2015 and finally become an Aussie. It took more than 9 years for me to become a Citizen of this wonderful country as i came here as a student.

I will be moving to Canada after that and then the mission(Canadian Citizen) starts. My wife already has her Canadian Citizenship application in process.

All in all it took 4 months for the Citizenship process to be done and dusted here in Australia.

I wish everyone here and my wife a speedy processing for their Citizenship application.
Only 4 months to process your application for Australian citizenship? That's wonderful. I am aware that Australia is really good at this. On their website, average processing time for citizenship applications is 80 calendar days. In Canada, it takes 2 to 3 years on an average to process a citizenship application. UK takes 40 days, US takes 90 days, France takes 6 months. As per research done by me with regard to processing time in various countries for citizenship applications, it turns out that Canada enjoys the dubious distinction of being the slowest country within the G8 and the 2nd slowest country within the G20 (after Indonesia).

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
harry_aussie said:

congratulations!! party hard!

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
AsianIndian said:
So I called CIC again this morning as per the advice of some of you guys (to call in the morning lol). And I didn't even have to lie that I couldn't access the eCAS. I just told him that I was calling to check the status of my application. And, unlike the agent from last week, he asked me for my info and accessed my file. Basically no new information. He just said that my file is still in Sydney and hasn't been transferred yet, but that it was complete with all the documents needed. I failed to ask him about the background checks. Do you think I should ? Anyway I am 46 days post AOR, and the record right now is 56 days. So I'll keep waiting and see if I break that record on Friday of next week. Anyway, I am calling them again on June 5th if I don't have a test date by then...
In the meantime, I wish good luck to some of you who are writing their test tomorrow !
A test date by June 5th? Humm. Remember you need to first be in process and then your file needs to get transferred. (That usually takes about a month) Best case scenario your application would get transferred on May 15th. Then you need to wait for at least two months if you don't get a RQ if the meantime. Meaning best case scenario: July 15th for the test date. So not sure how you came up with June 5th :D If I were you I would not be calling before August 15th.

trunorth

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SFD, don't forget me! I am still waiting for the next step. I was away from the web for the past week traveling in the country and was hoping to come back to seeing a 'transfer' line but I guess the agents were on vacation at the same time. Irritating, upsetting and frustrating but we can't do anything. I've downloaded the spreadsheet and sorted it by order of IP and seems most of the Mississauga folks have been transferred about the end of March. I'm still stuck at IP. Very disappointing! :mad: