+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

Rob780

Mar 7, 2015
Hey guys, I got an update! ;D

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 11, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 19, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 5, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Edmonton office on March 12, 2015. The Edmonton office will contact you.

triumpher83

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
triumpher83 said:
Hello Folks
Sub : Travel scheduled in coming 2 months.
I have a question regarding timeline. I received AOR received Feb 19, 2015. No recent updates in ecas.
I have to travel abroad for around a month within next couple of months.
I was wondering what could be the expected timeline according to current processing times ?
When do I receive test date? and how much time do we have between test date and oath ?
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE HAS ROUGH IDEA ABOUT THIS. THANKS !!

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob780 said:
Hey guys, I got an update! ;D

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 11, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 19, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 5, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Edmonton office on March 12, 2015. The Edmonton office will contact you.
Congrats Rob !

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
triumpher83 said:
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE HAS ROUGH IDEA ABOUT THIS. THANKS !!
Looking at your timeline you received AOR on Feb. 19. If you look at Rob's timeline above and other timelines as well, you'll notice that the In Process + file transfer are currently occurring for AORs received on or before Feb. 19. As a matter of fact, you have the same AOR date as Rob and shazzdeh ( and probably others), therefore you should normally see you file transfered today or tomorrow. Let's say by Sunday. Please check your eCAS for updates, especially now.
Assuming you get your file transferred on Sunday (worst case scenario :D ) you should then expect to get your test date within the 2 months following Sunday, March 22nd. So you are looking at a test occurring around May 22nd. After the test, your oath date should also come within the following 2 months. So you are looking at an oath scheduled around July 22nd for you. But be careful, we have seen instances where test invitation and oath invitation are combined and both occur the same day. So both your test and oath may as well happen on the same day around May 22nd.
That is my ROUGH estimate about your timeline. Personally I would avoid travelling within the 2 months after my file is transferred, especially if my stay abroad is a bit long.

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
I am in the same boat triumph. Nothing yet (Received on Feb. 19) and I will have to renew my PR Card soon if nothing happens :) There are still a few people with the "received" status before Feb. 15. So I would not be too eager to receive something before the next 2 weeks imo. And 6 people are still waiting to see their application "received" by the CIC.

But it will happen eventually ;)

triumpher83

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you AsianIndian for your guidance. Appreciate that.
So, what I believe is I should plan something before the test date and/or between test date and oath date ( If I know the oath date in advance and If I have around 2 months in between test date and oath date )

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
puda said:
I am in the same boat triumph. Nothing yet (Received on Feb. 19) and I will have to renew my PR Card soon if nothing happens :) There are still a few people with the "received" status before Feb. 15. So I would not be too eager to receive something before the next 2 weeks imo. And 6 people are still waiting to see their application "received" by the CIC.

But it will happen eventually ;)
please remember, cic offices are fast in toronto/scraborough and slower in west coast side. Thus we can only assume.

Check the following links for different applicants regarding their timeline:

October 2014 applicants:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjIEbAasnkcAdGxDSmw0eHJvdVdqandXQkp3NldvbUE#gid=14

November 2014 applicants:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjtMxKsn6wG3dFJzMEh1Tmw2Rl92SG03TkVyUUwydHc#gid=0

December 2014 applicants:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v0SdRO40z3jpI11rJ2I_sKk88ph1FeqrTczi_9Kb6us/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Common spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16iv9M5ZcYTopiEXKmbhrqXDG37asVqzXVYbKjc6EhdM/pubhtml?gid=426483997&single=true

Complete 2014 spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au02r_J_VN90dHdrcDJyaWZYYW55d0hJMzJDNUFRaHc#gid

Vancouver Applicants:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiV2llr71HikdDV3bmtyQ0ZiWUwzOXhEX3lTRG5qdUE&usp=drive_web#gid=3

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
Humm? I am really not sure about that. A lot of people (at least 60% from AB) are already in process or got their file transferred according to the Dec spreadsheet.

And according to the Nov spreadsheet, it takes 2 to 3 months from the day you send your file to the day it shows to be 'in process'. Same for the Oct applicants in Calgary, it takes 2 months.

So no, doesn't seem that it takes more time on the west coast side.

On my hand I have been waiting for 3 months now.

harry_aussie

Jun 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2011
AOR Received.
25/07/2011
File Transfer...
15/08/2011
Med's Request
15/12/2011
Med's Done....
19/12/2011
Interview........
WAIVED !!!!!/ Casual interview with visa officer on 5/3/2012
Passport Req..
21/2/2012, submitted on 27/2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
1/3/2012, valid till 20/12/2012, collected on 5/3/2012
LANDED..........
Landed,16 September 2012
Our application status is stuck at Received. :(

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 8, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 17, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We also didn't receive any AOR till date.

mark1987

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everybody
Good news for me. My file got transferred to Calgary office on March 13. :D :D :D

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 16, 2015.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 26, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on March 10, 2015.

4. Your file was transferred to the Calgary office on March 13, 2015. The Calgary office will contact you.

DenverCO

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friends ... while waiting for my application to be processed, am running into a situation with my job.

My company is looking to do a Intra company transfer for me to USA. Am not sure how that affects my citizenship application. Am guessing since I had already met my residency requirements (applied for citizenship 3 months after meeting residency requirements) this transfer shall not affect my process.

Had anyone come across such scenarios being discussed in this forum? Please advise. Thank you in advance

triumpher83

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DenverCO said:
Friends ... while waiting for my application to be processed, am running into a situation with my job.

My company is looking to do a Intra company transfer for me to USA. Am not sure how that affects my citizenship application. Am guessing since I had already met my residency requirements (applied for citizenship 3 months after meeting residency requirements) this transfer shall not affect my process.

Had anyone come across such scenarios being discussed in this forum? Please advise. Thank you in advance
Yes, that won't affect the process of your citizenship application. Just make sure you keep track of application process, test date, oath etc and appear for that. Only thing you may get trouble for is from oath day to passport received. I believe your passport is cancelled once you take oath and you can not travel to USA for couple of weeks until you get your Canadian passport.

Raman_Ram

Star Member
May 25, 2009
u can get new canadian passport expedited in few days. and worst case scenario you can travel with ur old passport but have to pay fine depending upon your country. indian passport holders have 3 years before they surrender it, but have to pay hefty fines whenever they travel with their indian passport after acquiring another citizenship. do some research and see whether its affordable to go that route.

DenverCO

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank You triumpher83 and Raman_Ram.

Another question - shall I be paying/filing taxes in both the countries?