+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

beautybear

Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 5, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 12, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on February 22, 2015.

4.Your file was transferred to the Winnipeg office on March 2, 2015. The Winnipeg office will contact you.
i dont know its a good news or bad news, is local office faster?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Raman_Ram said:
u can get new canadian passport expedited in few days. and worst case scenario you can travel with ur old passport but have to pay fine depending upon your country. indian passport holders have 3 years before they surrender it, but have to pay hefty fines whenever they travel with their indian passport after acquiring another citizenship. do some research and see whether its affordable to go that route.
i thin its 3 months for india not 3 years

FJK

Mar 18, 2015
Hi all,

I am applying from Montreal, applied on Dec 15th 2014,AOR recieved on February 11, 2015. Waiting for an update.
Wish me luck

Kovachum

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
please remember, cic offices are fast in toronto/scraborough and slower in west coast side. Thus we can only assume.

Check the following links for different applicants regarding their timeline:

October 2014 applicants:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjIEbAasnkcAdGxDSmw0eHJvdVdqandXQkp3NldvbUE#gid=14

November 2014 applicants:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjtMxKsn6wG3dFJzMEh1Tmw2Rl92SG03TkVyUUwydHc#gid=0

December 2014 applicants:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v0SdRO40z3jpI11rJ2I_sKk88ph1FeqrTczi_9Kb6us/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Common spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16iv9M5ZcYTopiEXKmbhrqXDG37asVqzXVYbKjc6EhdM/pubhtml?gid=426483997&single=true

Complete 2014 spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au02r_J_VN90dHdrcDJyaWZYYW55d0hJMzJDNUFRaHc#gid

Vancouver Applicants:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiV2llr71HikdDV3bmtyQ0ZiWUwzOXhEX3lTRG5qdUE&usp=drive_web#gid=3
There are quite a few Toronto applications pending to move to local office, for some reason it slowed down.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
I don't want to scare you (and don't be scared)... but be VERY VERY cautious and careful.
In theory, your application should proceed without any issue... but in practice, it might be another story.
The CO will review your passport in details during interview and any valid working visa on your passport is red flag.
If the officer follows the laws in force, your application should be approved.
If it's one of those zealous officers who apply the INTENT to RESIDE clause before it's effective, you might be in trouble with RQ and all that follows (long delay).

No need to worry about (you cannot do much about it once you have the L1 visa on your passport)... but just be careful.

DenverCO said:
Friends ... while waiting for my application to be processed, am running into a situation with my job.

My company is looking to do a Intra company transfer for me to USA. Am not sure how that affects my citizenship application. Am guessing since I had already met my residency requirements (applied for citizenship 3 months after meeting residency requirements) this transfer shall not affect my process.

Had anyone come across such scenarios being discussed in this forum? Please advise. Thank you in advance

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arambi said:
I don't want to scare you (and don't be scared)... but be VERY VERY cautious and careful.
In theory, your application should proceed without any issue... but in practice, it might be another story.
The CO will review your passport in details during interview and any valid working visa on your passport is red flag.
If the officer follows the laws in force, your application should be approved.
If it's one of those zealous officers who apply the INTENT to RESIDE clause before it's effective, you might be in trouble with RQ and all that follows (long delay).

No need to worry about (you cannot do much about it once you have the L1 visa on your passport)... but just be careful.
In my opinion, better to err on the side of caution.

I have a few questions tho. In ecas we see "We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on xxx. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us." Has anyone actually received this letter?

There's also a column in the spreadsheet "received line disappeared". What does this mean?

LANCAY

Jan 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
i thin its 3 months for india not 3 years
I am still waiting for any news till now...what is AOR?
I sent my application last december and got an email said that they're start processing it...no news until now.
anyone has same condition like me? and I also can't check my status online...please help?

sh7228

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2015
Folks,

My ECAS status finally changed into In Process

We started processing your application on March 17, 2015

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Congrats good to see a Toronto applicant move to the next stage.

colocho13

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Here is my online status :) I did not receive any emails from CIC also I read that Surrey is one of the slow offices hope

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 16, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 17, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 19, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Citizenship Surrey office on March 11, 2015. The Citizenship Surrey office will contact you.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
I am tired of checking Ecas.
Maybe its about time I bring out my suit, tie and shining shoes in preparation for IN PROCESS status.

Congratulations to those with progress in their file.

pisces123

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
colocho13 said:
Here is my online status :) I did not receive any emails from CIC also I read that Surrey is one of the slow offices hope

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 16, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 17, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 19, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Citizenship Surrey office on March 11, 2015. The Citizenship Surrey office will contact you.
colocho13....my file was also transferred to the Surrey office in and around the same date as yours...based on what timelines I have seen I hope we get the test date around Oct/Nov......goodluck!

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Is that how long the timeline is in Surrey for test dates. I was expecting mine, based on everybody's timelines, in a couple of months... around 2nd week of April... (Mississauga CIC office)

Waiting for the December applicants to get the test date... :-[

pisces123

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abemats2000 said:
Is that how long the timeline is in Surrey for test dates. I was expecting mine, based on everybody's timelines, in a couple of months... around 2nd week of April... (Mississauga CIC office)

Waiting for the December applicants to get the test date... :-[
abemats2000 .. what's your timeline?