+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GS_Toronto said:
I sent my family application on Dec 8th and have not yet received AOR. Spoke to CIC agent on 2/4/2015 and was informed that applications received on Nov 5 are being processed and I have to wait for one more month for receiving AOR.

Sitting tight and waiting... tick tock tick tock
The answer the agent gave you is probably standard. They are currently processing applications received way after Nov. 5th. I have seen 2 December applicants who received their AOR already !

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
AsianIndian said:
The answer the agent gave you is probably standard. They are currently processing applications received way after Nov. 5th. I have seen 2 December applicants who received their AOR already !
I agree, their answer is based on the average time they are taking to process files and also as per the call center protocols !

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
brunorberto said:
unfortunately the CIC officer made a mistake when processing my application. It was received on Dec 31, 2014 and contained a transcript for a Masters degree as proof of language requirement. Surprisingly, yesterday my application was returned labelled as incomplete with a note saying that the proof of language ability is not acceptable. When I phoned CIC, they initially claimed that I should have attached a diploma (instead of a transcript), but after we read together the instructions, the officer agree that the transcript should have been accepted. The instructions and form CIT 0002 clearly say: "Diploma, certificate or transcript of a secondary or post-secondary education completed in English or French, in Canada or abroad." What may have confused the agent as well is that after completing the Masters, I started a PhD in the same university but later dropped out. So my transcript says that I concluded my MSc but that I did not conclude my PhD. Although I added a note to my original application explaining that, apparently the agent simply ignored this (the note was not added to the package sent back to me as incomplete...)

Additionally, we were forced to pay the fee difference that was effective Jan 1. I paid it and resubmitted my application with my diploma as well (as per the phone officer advice) in order to minimize further delays to my application. But I explained all the above and clearly stated that my application was complete as originally received by CIC on Dec 31, 2014. I'm looking into ways to have CIC recognize this mistake and therefore get a reimbursement for the fee difference I paid. Does anyone have any hints about how I can do this? Thanks!
I am sorry to know that happened to you.
I hope submitting the diploma along with transcripts will help.
Here is another thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/does-cic-not-accept-mba-transcrpit-from-india-as-a-proof-of-english-proficiency-t266410.0.html

I think her's was also returned because she just sent the transcript.

Now as per reading in this forum in various posts, if you send the degree/diploma with marksheets/transcripts and letter from institute/uninversity stating that the language of instruction was english(unless the degree states the language of instruction as english) then there is very much less chance of application being returned. All of the documents should state that the course has been successfully completed

I think CIC has internal criteria of determining that whether the degree/diploma/course is acceptable to them or not.
I have seen people doing regular basic degree got their language proof accepted (my neighbour) and people who have just done Master's, the language proof was not accepted.

So, it is suggested to send copies of degree/diploma + transcripts/marksheets (transcripts are more beneficial) and language of instruction letter.

Here are two things that might happen to you:

1. If they want diploma + transcripts then they will accept that language proof.
2. If the diploma that you have done does not fall under the criteria of language proof then sending diploma+transcripts might not help and they might can return your application again.

Let's hope for the best and good luck!

francorm

Jan 31, 2015
Hello, I sent my application on December 16th, 2014 by Canada Post, received on December 19th, 2014. Waiting for AOR.

brunorberto

May 1, 2014
My Masters degree is from the University of British Columbia. I don't see how they could possibly question that as a language proof. But thanks very much for your reply.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
brunorberto said:
My Masters degree is from the University of British Columbia. I don't see how they could possibly question that as a language proof. But thanks very much for your reply.
Hi, I am talking about degrees/courses done outside Canada. Its suggested to add transcripts/degree and language of instruction letter for any courses done outside canada to be attached as a language proof.

In Canada it would be quite obvious that either the language of instruction would be english or french. So, courses done in Canada, you can attach copy of degree/diploma along or transcripts or both to be on safe side. Language of instruction is not required for courses done in Canada

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
francorm said:
Hello, I sent my application on December 16th, 2014 by Canada Post, received on December 19th, 2014. Waiting for AOR.
Please add yourself to the December applicants spreadsheet (see link in my signature).
Thanks,

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
I sent my application on Nov 30 and it reached CPC-Sydney by December 3. I have not had any correspondence from CIC regarding my application or AOR. I phone the Call Centre and followed the instructions to the automated recordings. Found out that they have not started processing applications received after November 5. However, from reading other threads and people's posts I have also learned that some applications sent in post November 5 have already received AOR. It is a bit confusing to know how they actually work in the office.

I applied from Toronto. Landed in Canada Sept 2011. Have traveled out of Canada for about 1.5 months in total to various places. I am not sure if my case will raise more questions for CIC in order to process my file. Hoping to hear from them very soon.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
confusednscared said:
I sent my application on Nov 30 and it reached CPC-Sydney by December 3. I have not had any correspondence from CIC regarding my application or AOR. I phone the Call Centre and followed the instructions to the automated recordings. Found out that they have not started processing applications received after November 5. However, from reading other threads and people's posts I have also learned that some applications sent in post November 5 have already received AOR. It is a bit confusing to know how they actually work in the office.

I applied from Toronto. Landed in Canada Sept 2011. Have traveled out of Canada for about 1.5 months in total to various places. I am not sure if my case will raise more questions for CIC in order to process my file. Hoping to hear from them very soon.
The patience is the key. It will take around 1 to 4 months to receive AOR. Good luck!

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brunorberto said:
Did you check "yes" on the following section (page 4 of your application)?
* Check this box if you are submitting a transcript(s) that is also to be used as proof of education.
This could be the reason why your application was rejected.
Cheers,

brunorberto

May 1, 2014
Yes, I did check that. I went through with the call-centre agent demonstrating that all steps were followed through. She tried really hard to justify the mistake, but eventually agreed that the thing should have been accepted. She even recommended filing a complaint online, since it's the instructions to the CIC officers that is apparently at fault. But you can only type 1025 characters in the description of the problem, so I'm not super optimistic about it.

It's frustrating how bureaucrats blindly follow illogical instructions, instead of relying on the evidence in front of them. It certainly justifies how people feel uneasy about them having the ability to take your citizenship away if you were accused on a serious crime overseas. If they couldn't see from my UBC transcript that I completed my Masters degree...

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
brunorberto said:
Yes, I did check that. I went through with the call-centre agent demonstrating that all steps were followed through. She tried really hard to justify the mistake, but eventually agreed that the thing should have been accepted. She even recommended filing a complaint online, since it's the instructions to the CIC officers that is apparently at fault. But you can only type 1025 characters in the description of the problem, so I'm not super optimistic about it.

It's frustrating how bureaucrats blindly follow illogical instructions, instead of relying on the evidence in front of them. It certainly justifies how people feel uneasy about them having the ability to take your citizenship away if you were accused on a serious crime overseas. If they couldn't see from my UBC transcript that I completed my Masters degree...
Was your course from UBC done during the 4 year relevant period? If yes, then you should have check marked "Check this box if you are submitting a transcript(s) that is also to be used as proof of education." otherwise you should have left it blank.

Also while resubmitting, please submit the degree/diploma along with transcripts. I have seen one person whose MBA transcripts were rejected. I think CIC wants certificate along with transcripts(both). Please be on the safe side. Also let us know the outcome of the online complaint you submit.