+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

mark1987

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys

Anyone else got his AOR except Ahmed127?

Good luck to all :) :D

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm getting worried about one thing. I landed in Oct, 2012 (was a student before that). On my landing day, I went through the Canada/US boarder and came back right away. There's a Canadian stamp showing the date of landing on my passport, but no US stamp. I realized I didn't report this single-day entry on my calculation sheet. Will this be a problem?

A friend of mine told me she didn't list this either and she's taking oath later this month. She did the same on her landing day. I just want to get some expert opinion on this.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzhuang said:
I'm getting worried about one thing. I landed in Oct, 2012 (was a student before that). On my landing day, I went through the Canada/US boarder and came back right away. There's a Canadian stamp showing the date of landing on my passport, but no US stamp. I realized I didn't report this single-day entry on my calculation sheet. Will this be a problem?

A friend of mine told me she didn't list this either and she's taking oath later this month. She did the same on her landing day. I just want to get some expert opinion on this.
Hello my friend,
You are doing fine and should not worry about that trip. Here is how the resident calculator works:

1. When calculating an absence, either the day you leave Canada or the day you return is considered an absence, but not both. For example, an absence between July 1, 2014 and July 15, 2014 equals 14 days of absence.
2. If you leave Canada and come back the same day, you do not have to declare an absence.
3. An absence on February 29 (leap day) is not counted as an absence, nor is it credited as a presence.
4. Total residence days ending in .5 are rounded up in your favour.
5. The total number of days absent includes all absences from Canada within the four-year period immediately preceding the date of your application. Because the time spent in Canada before you became a permanent resident is only credited as half-time, absences from Canada before you obtained permanent resident status are divided by two before they are included in the total number of days absent.
Your case fits well with number 2 and 4 and that explains the reason why your friend has no problem with her application and she is getting her citizenship certificate by the end of this month.

I hope this helps you relax and enjoy the waiting doing what you love to do.
Cheers,

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for bumping this up. Another person answered this question in another thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/vancouver-applicants-t185384.0.html;msg3996358#msg3996358

Empirical-Scientist said:
Not at all :). One-day entries are not required to be reported-- see instructions. also, cic is well aware of the flag pole procedure.
Likely I'm fine.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AsianIndian said:
Now this is what I am talking about ! Congratulations Ahmed127 !!! :D :D :D Please enter your dates on the Dec. spreadsheet (see the link in my signature) so we can start calculating percentages...
I remember predicting at the beginning of this week that we were going to have an AOR here this week (after seeing someone from another forum whom application was received on Dec 2nd and that got their email AOR last week end) , and here it is at the very end of the week ! I also reminded you yesterday to not let your guard down on week ends as AOR may show up.
Guys, let's catch the November group rate which seems to be 2 AOR per day on average :D
yyzhuang, Kovachum, zoro2Phd, Applepie, MM12/2014, iamore, etc. you are the next in line, please receive your AOR already and bring us good news here ! check your emails...
I predict 2 to 7 AORs in this group beginning tomorrow until sunday ;D ;D ;D
Good job my friend.
Cheers,

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beauhoe said:
Hello my friend,
You are doing find and should not worry about that trip. Here is how the resident calculator works:

1. When calculating an absence, either the day you leave Canada or the day you return is considered an absence, but not both. For example, an absence between July 1, 2014and July 15, 2014 equals 14 days of absence.
2. If you leave Canada and come back the same day, you do not have to declare an absence.
3. An absence on February 29 (leap day) is not counted as an absence, nor is it credited as a presence.
4. Total residence days ending in .5 are rounded up in your favour.
5. The total number of days absent includes all absences from Canada within the four-year period immediately preceding the date of your application. Because the time spent in Canada before you became a permanent resident is only credited as half-time, absences from Canada before you obtained permanent resident status are divided by two before they are included in the total number of days absent.
Your case fits well with number 2 and 4 and that explains the reason why your friend has no problem with her application and she is getting her citizenship certificate by the end of this month.

I hope this helps you relax and enjoy the waiting doing what you love to do.
Cheers,
Thank you again for the details. You are the best.

I just submitted a research paper today to a conference. Fingers crossed it can get accepted. The conference is in July in California. My previous US visa expired and I may need to apply for one on the safe side.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzhuang said:
Thank you again for the details. You are the best.

I just submitted a research paper today to a conference. Fingers crossed it can get accepted. The conference is in July in California. My previous US visa expired and I may need to apply for one on the safe side.
I wish you all the best my friend.
Oral or poster presentation? Upon acceptance of your abstract by the conference committee, please visit the conference website and download your invitation letter using appropriate password. Call American Consulate close to your city and schedule an appointment for your visitor visa.
Cheers,

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beauhoe said:
I wish you all the best my friend.
Oral or poster presentation? Upon acceptance of your abstract by the conference committee, please visit the conference website and download your invitation letter using appropriate password. Call American Consulate close to your city and schedule an appointment for your visitor visa.
Cheers,
Oral. I feel good about the paper after months' of work. I'm in Vancouver so US Consulate is less than an hour away. thank you again.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzhuang said:
Oral. I feel good about the paper after months' of work. I'm in Vancouver so US Consulate is less than an hour away. thank you again.
Wonderful! Please keep that positive spirit of yours. However, remember that a summer in California can very tempting (smile).
Cheers,

brunorberto

May 1, 2014
unfortunately the CIC officer made a mistake when processing my application. It was received on Dec 31, 2014 and contained a transcript for a Masters degree as proof of language requirement. Surprisingly, yesterday my application was returned labelled as incomplete with a note saying that the proof of language ability is not acceptable. When I phoned CIC, they initially claimed that I should have attached a diploma (instead of a transcript), but after we read together the instructions, the officer agree that the transcript should have been accepted. The instructions and form CIT 0002 clearly say: "Diploma, certificate or transcript of a secondary or post-secondary education completed in English or French, in Canada or abroad." What may have confused the agent as well is that after completing the Masters, I started a PhD in the same university but later dropped out. So my transcript says that I concluded my MSc but that I did not conclude my PhD. Although I added a note to my original application explaining that, apparently the agent simply ignored this (the note was not added to the package sent back to me as incomplete...)

Additionally, we were forced to pay the fee difference that was effective Jan 1. I paid it and resubmitted my application with my diploma as well (as per the phone officer advice) in order to minimize further delays to my application. But I explained all the above and clearly stated that my application was complete as originally received by CIC on Dec 31, 2014. I'm looking into ways to have CIC recognize this mistake and therefore get a reimbursement for the fee difference I paid. Does anyone have any hints about how I can do this? Thanks!

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brunorberto said:
unfortunately the CIC officer made a mistake when processing my application. It was received on Dec 31, 2014 and contained a transcript for a Masters degree as proof of language requirement. Surprisingly, yesterday my application was returned labelled as incomplete with a note saying that the proof of language ability is not acceptable. When I phoned CIC, they initially claimed that I should have attached a diploma (instead of a transcript), but after we read together the instructions, the officer agree that the transcript should have been accepted. The instructions and form CIT 0002 clearly say: "Diploma, certificate or transcript of a secondary or post-secondary education completed in English or French, in Canada or abroad." What may have confused the agent as well is that after completing the Masters, I started a PhD in the same university but later dropped out. So my transcript says that I concluded my MSc but that I did not conclude my PhD. Although I added a note to my original application explaining that, apparently the agent simply ignored this (the note was not added to the package sent back to me as incomplete...)

Additionally, we were forced to pay the fee difference that was effective Jan 1. I paid it and resubmitted my application with my diploma as well (as per the phone officer advice) in order to minimize further delays to my application. But I explained all the above and clearly stated that my application was complete as originally received by CIC on Dec 31, 2014. I'm looking into ways to have CIC recognize this mistake and therefore get a reimbursement for the fee difference I paid. Does anyone have any hints about how I can do this? Thanks!
Dear friend,
I am deeply sorry for your situation and hope that the agent gets it wright this time. Nevertheless, it is always a solid evidence to submit both scholastic records and degrees or diploma when applying for citizenship. I am sure that the CIC will return your balance and more importantly consider receiving your application on December 31st if the agent should be the one who made this mistake. Positive attitude will help you go though this. Always remember that we are here for you.
Best regards,

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brunorberto said:

Although your application was complete, I think you made a big mistake by not send diploma along with transcript. You had nothing to lose sending both. Anyways, I wouldnt bother with the fee thing, just pay the difference. You wont even get a hold of someone to talk to about this.

GS_Toronto

Feb 4, 2015
I sent my family application on Dec 8th and have not yet received AOR. Spoke to CIC agent on 2/4/2015 and was informed that applications received on Nov 5 are being processed and I have to wait for one more month for receiving AOR.

Sitting tight and waiting... tick tock tick tock

sabujit1

Sep 19, 2014
How you guys know from CIC that application is received by them properly ! I called CIC and they tell me that nothing shows up corresponding to my file since they didn't process anything received after Nov 5th. They told me they can't say anything whether it was received and told me to wait for another 3-4 weeks. I applied late November...