+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brunorberto said:
Yes, I did check that. I went through with the call-centre agent demonstrating that all steps were followed through. She tried really hard to justify the mistake, but eventually agreed that the thing should have been accepted. She even recommended filing a complaint online, since it's the instructions to the CIC officers that is apparently at fault. But you can only type 1025 characters in the description of the problem, so I'm not super optimistic about it.

It's frustrating how bureaucrats blindly follow illogical instructions, instead of relying on the evidence in front of them. It certainly justifies how people feel uneasy about them having the ability to take your citizenship away if you were accused on a serious crime overseas. If they couldn't see from my UBC transcript that I completed my Masters degree...
I really feel you my friend. However, don't let this distract you from your main goals. Have fun while waiting.
Cheers,

jshahid

Star Member
May 23, 2012
I know I have asked this before but I have to ask this again.

I send the application on Dec 31st and they received it on jan 7th. I used the old payment system so didn't knew about extra $230 that we have to pay. Now what should I do. I called CIC and they told me to wait till April (Edmonton office) before they can review my application. NOW

A) Should I just resubmit my application again with the extra $230
B) Should I wait for them to open and my file and let me know what do to.
C) Just pay extra $230 and mail them the payment page

Please let me know what do you guys think I should do

triumpher83

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jshahid said:

I send the application on Dec 31st and they received it on jan 7th. I used the old payment system so didn't knew about extra $230 that we have to pay. Now what should I do. I called CIC and they told me to wait till April (Edmonton office) before they can review my application. NOW

My personal opinion is wait until they get back to you. From other people's timeline whose applications are returned, I believe your would be returned within a few days from now. Any step from you side without CIC's instructions may cause confusion.
This is what I think, let's see what our experts in this thread say !!

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mukkucanada said:
I received my AOR today. CIC received on December 9th, 2014.
Congratulations on your AOR. Way to go! Please update your information on the spreadsheet:
http://goo.gl/L5WDIu
Cheers,

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
jshahid said:

please wait for your application to return back and then pay additional $230 and resubmit the application.
Make sure before you resubmit the application, check if the application to make sure it is not stale dated (dated more than 90 days before CIC receives it)

Kovachum

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
mukkucanada said:
Congratulations....

I sent my application by Dec 2nd, so far no news....I hope they received my application, sent through UPS....I only hope they don't return my application.

Silent

Dec 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mukkucanada said:
Congratulations mukkucanada. Hope to get some more good news today and next week.

Silent

Dec 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kovachum said:
Congratulations....

I sent my application by Dec 2nd, so far no news....I hope they received my application, sent through UPS....I only hope they don't return my application.
Don't worry Kovachum. Keep eye on your e-mail. You will receive your AOR soon. :)

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Hi Kovachum,

Relax things will happen for sure. If you sent through UPS did you have tracking details? You should be bale to see if it got delivered. Once delivered it takes roughly 2-3 months to receive AoR which signifies your app is now assigned to an CO and goes to 'In Process'. This is speculation as the call center says they are processing apps till Nov 5th but we have seen in the November and early Dec thread people starting to get AoR's so wait a few weeks and see.

Kovachum

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
samreentariq said:
Hi Kovachum,

Relax things will happen for sure. If you sent through UPS did you have tracking details? You should be bale to see if it got delivered. Once delivered it takes roughly 2-3 months to receive AoR which signifies your app is now assigned to an CO and goes to 'In Process'. This is speculation as the call center says they are processing apps till Nov 5th but we have seen in the November and early Dec thread people starting to get AoR's so wait a few weeks and see.
Thank you guys....I will try to be patient.....

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
mukkucanada said:
Omg :eek: congratsss!!! which city are you?

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mukkucanada said:
Congratulations mukkucanada ! :D :D :D
Now this is what I am talking about ! ;D ;D
I remember predicting on sunday (first post page 43 of this thread) that we were going to have between 2-7 AORs in this group (December applicants) by this sunday. One down. At least one more to come by Sunday :D :D

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kovachum said:
Congratulations....

According to Nov. stats, it takes on average [70-73] days to receive an AOR. Therefore, judging from your dates on the spreadsheet, you should expect your AOR between Tuesday and Friday next week ! Finger crossed :D :D
Me I expect mine as well as those of yyzhuang and Zoro2Phd (at least one of us 3) between Monday and Thursday next week. Finger crossed ! ;D