Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
AsianIndian said:
Nope ! I made the calculation. If I keep that trajectory (previous waiting time minus 3 days for the next step) my timelime will be as follows:
I will wait 82 days (beginning last Saturday) to see Transfer: that puts me on Aug. 13th
I will wait 79 days thereafter to receive test invite: that puts me on Oct. 31st (happy holloween !)
Let's assume my test date is 3 weeks later: that puts me on Nov. 20
Then I will wait 76 days thereafter to receive oath invite: That puts me on Jan. 28
Let's assume my oath date is 3 weeks later: That puts me on Feb. 18th., 2016
Therefore that is 14 months, 2weeks and 6 days in tolal. :D :D :D :D :D
Now I remember you said your test would be in June ;D What did I tell you? :)

Quote from: AsianIndian on April 14, 2015, 12:23:36 pm
So I called CIC again this morning as per the advice of some of you guys (to call in the morning lol). And I didn't even have to lie that I couldn't access the eCAS. I just told him that I was calling to check the status of my application. And, unlike the agent from last week, he asked me for my info and accessed my file. Basically no new information. He just said that my file is still in Sydney and hasn't been transferred yet, but that it was complete with all the documents needed. I failed to ask him about the background checks. Do you think I should ? Anyway I am 46 days post AOR, and the record right now is 56 days. So I'll keep waiting and see if I break that record on Friday of next week. Anyway, I am calling them again on June 5th if I don't have a test date by then...
In the meantime, I wish good luck to some of you who are writing their test tomorrow !

Quote from: Puda on April 14, 2015
A test date by June 5th? Humm. Remember you need to first be in process and then your file needs to get transferred. (That usually takes about a month) Best case scenario your application would get transferred on May 15th. Then you need to wait for at least two months if you don't get a RQ if the meantime. Meaning best case scenario: July 15th for the test date. So not sure how you came up with June 5th Cheesy If I were you I would not be calling before August 15th.

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
puda said:
Now I remember you said your test would be in June ;D What did I tell you? :)

Quote from: AsianIndian on April 14, 2015, 12:23:36 pm
So I called CIC again this morning as per the advice of some of you guys (to call in the morning lol). And I didn't even have to lie that I couldn't access the eCAS. I just told him that I was calling to check the status of my application. And, unlike the agent from last week, he asked me for my info and accessed my file. Basically no new information. He just said that my file is still in Sydney and hasn't been transferred yet, but that it was complete with all the documents needed. I failed to ask him about the background checks. Do you think I should ? Anyway I am 46 days post AOR, and the record right now is 56 days. So I'll keep waiting and see if I break that record on Friday of next week. Anyway, I am calling them again on June 5th if I don't have a test date by then...
In the meantime, I wish good luck to some of you who are writing their test tomorrow !

Quote from: Puda on April 14, 2015
A test date by June 5th? Humm. Remember you need to first be in process and then your file needs to get transferred. (That usually takes about a month) Best case scenario your application would get transferred on May 15th. Then you need to wait for at least two months if you don't get a RQ if the meantime. Meaning best case scenario: July 15th for the test date. So not sure how you came up with June 5th Cheesy If I were you I would not be calling before August 15th.
I said if I don't have a date by June 5th I would call them. According to my own estimations. And that is what I am going to do. Same for if I don't get an oath date by Aug. 5th I will call them again. That's my calling CIC planning.

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did someone change my name to NizNoz in the spreadsheet? I can't find myself anymore..

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
yyzhuang said:
Did someone change my name to NizNoz in the spreadsheet? I can't find myself anymore..
I think someone might have accidentally done that. I have updated your information. Please check and confirm if everything looks okay.

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I think someone might have accidentally done that. I have updated your information. Please check and confirm if everything looks okay.
Thanks Sam. I just wanted to make sure someone didn't accidentally deleted his or her row. Because I remember there's someone called NizNoz but this name is not in the spreadsheet after my name is changed back.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
yyzhuang said:
Thanks Sam. I just wanted to make sure someone didn't accidentally deleted his or her row. Because I remember there's someone called NizNoz but this name is not in the spreadsheet after my name is changed back.
Did that person have same timeline as yours? I highly doubt it. If not, then i think its yours only.
If NizNoz is reading this post, he/she can add his/her timeline in the spreadsheet again.

mark1987

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone

My file has been transferred to calgary office since March 13 but after that no news.
Does anyone knows how long after the transfer it takes for the test?

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

byateman

Feb 19, 2015
Hi,
O hoooooooooooo I also got changes in my status from Received to In-process.
I am just behind with AsianIndian.
What a nice relief.
Now for another step.................................keep on checking ECAS.

Application Received:Dec 23,1014
AOR in mail :Feb 27,2015.
In -process:May 25,2015.

abodabod

Apr 2, 2015
mark1987 said:
Hello everyone

My file has been transferred to calgary office since March 13 but after that no news.
Does anyone knows how long after the transfer it takes for the test?

Thanks and good luck to everyone.
Hi Mark,

My file was also transferred to Calgary on March 13. Looking at the Calgary, September, October and November spreadsheets, I doubt we will get test invites before August.

Cheers,
Abdul.

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AsianIndian said:
Thanks ! Your time is getting close. Bear in mind that I am at the bottom of the December pile. If my file is now in process, that means everybody else at the bottom of that December pile will also see in process in a few days. That happened with AOR as well. I was one of the very last persons to get AOR. Keep checking your ecas (including on weekends, mine got updated on a Saturday).
byateman said:
Hi,
O hoooooooooooo I also got changes in my status from Received to In-process.
I am just behind with AsianIndian.
What a nice relief.
Now for another step.................................keep on checking ECAS.

Application Received:Dec 23,1014
AOR in mail :Feb 27,2015.
In -process:May 25,2015.
I told you so about 2 days ago ! Congrats !! :D :D I am at the bottom of the December pile at Sydney. If my file goes In process, then everybody else's has or will in just a matter of days, not weeks. If the December pile at Sydney had 10 000 files, mine is within the last 100 or 50 at the bottom.
Let's wait for File transfer so we can start reading the discover book !

byateman

Feb 19, 2015
Thanks for your response.Yes of-course we have to start reading Discover Canada now.
Anyone who are managing the excel sheet please update mine too.

Application Sent:Dec 22,2014
Application Received:Dec 23,2014
AOR Email:Feb 27,2015
In process:May 25,2015
Thanks and have a good day

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
byateman said:
Thanks for your response.Yes of-course we have to start reading Discover Canada now.
Anyone who are managing the excel sheet please update mine too.

Application Sent:Dec 22,2014
Application Received:Dec 23,2014
AOR Email:Feb 27,2015
In process:May 25,2015
Thanks and have a good day
No, I will start reading the book only after I see my file transfered to local office. Not before. I have just updated your info on the spreadsheet. Let's hope we get our files transferred within a week or 2 !