+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
wd1 said:
Well, my passport expired 21 years ago, so I had only with my application drivers licence and health card. In this case, I think they couldn't verified my no travel history. But you right, officer said everything is fine and the official date confirmation will come in the mail.
Don't worry, you would be fine. Good luck :)

venven

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
CitizenshipTimeline:
Date Received => 24-DEC-2014
AOR in Email => 25-FEB-2015
eCAS Activated => 25-FEB-2015
Processing Started => 25-MAR-2015
File Transferred = > 26-MAR-2015 (Mississauga)
Test Date =>

soheil

Feb 22, 2015
Guys,

A friend of mine has been confirmed to her test date for 01/06/2015. The lady over the phone was support since she asked her what about the oath, she said maybe for 1st July because the CIC is trying to make lots of applicants for the Canada Day.... It is not that clear yet. But she said CIC is planning to celebrate many of eligible final stage within their applications, on this date!!!

Hope mine goes to that day for the test and oath at the same time..

God keep all Canadians safe..

Montreal office is getting fast, these days.. happy for those from Montreal. :D :D

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmm if I take oath on Canada day, I will have to miss my conference from July 8-10 in California.

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzhuang said:
Hmm if I take oath on Canada day, I will have to miss my conference from July 8-10 in California.
How so ?
Suppose you take the oath on Canada Day (July 1st). You are eligible to apply for passport 2 days later (July 3rd). You apply for urgent processing (extra money) which will take a day or 2. Therefore you have your passport in your hands by July 6th the latest. At that point, your conference is 2 days away, therefore you have plenty of time :D.

sabujit1

Sep 19, 2014
Guys,

I got a fingerprint request for my background check in last month. I had a case in past in 2012 for an assault case...there was something wrong during that time as a result it happened..but the case got withdrawn. I thought my fingerprints were not stored by RCMP since the case was withdrawn . Now I got the report back from RCMP where it shows about the assault case with withdrawn status. I am very worried about my citizenship application now. What will happen when I will forward this result to local immigration office. ..I sent out the application to destroy the fingerprints but the Toronto police said it will take 12 months and they forwarded the request to RCMP. So, there is no way to submit new report.

Does anyone have any idea what can happen. Or what should I do or consult

Best Regards
SABUJIT

Bonenza

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lawyerlady said:
So Agree.....Mississauga office Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
waiting since March 24
It's normal ! I'm waiting for Montreal office and my file was transferred March 10. We are all in the same boat. Be patient, that's all.

Edwardsharpe

May 13, 2015
Hey guys, be sure to check your ecas on weekends.:) I checked mine this morning and was happy to find an invite for the test. For all the applicants from Montreal here is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 15, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 11, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 21, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on March 24, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.

We sent you a notice on May 21, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 4, 2015 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzhuang said:
You finally IPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!! whooo hoooo!
Yes Finally ! I got updated today. Cuz I checked my ecas multiple times yesterday and I was still stuck on Received. So I waited exacltly 85 days after AOR to see IP. Therefore I have just set a new waiting record that I can brag about :D :D :D :D :D