+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2013 Citizenship Applications

iris66

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Jems916 said:
Hello Iris66,

It went very well. The test was at 12:30 and we arrived at about 11:55 as we weren't sure about parking and wanted to be early. They went in to the test room at about 12:20 and my husband said they verified their identity using his drivers license. The officer explained to them that the ID used for identification could not be their passport (because it's a foreign document) and couldn't be their PR Card (because it was issued by that office), so it needed to be something like a drivers license that had both photo and signature on it. Then he said there were lot of instructions about writing the test and about coming back for the oath, he thought that they actually started writing the test at 1:05ish.

He came back out to the waiting room after writing the test, said he felt very good about the questions he received and that nothing really stumped him. He said the most questions were quite similar to the ones he had on the practice tests. He had to wait for his name to be called for the interview (which was done in the order they finished the test). He went into a room with the officer and was told that he got perfect on the test :D Then they asked him some questions about where he's living and working, and wanted to see his passport to match his stamps to when we claimed he was out of Canada. Since all of our trips have been to the USA and all by car, his passport has no stamps. The officer said that because of this they would have to consult with CBSA to verify his dates. This kind of irritated us because we were under the impression that we had already given them permission to access this information on the citizenship application. Anyway the officer said that would take 1-2 weeks and that we should hear back in 1-2 months about the oath ceremony.

All in all in went very well and I think we were done at around 2:30. The officer did say something about the Kitchener office being between citizenship judges and that lately they've been having to send the applications to different offices for final approval, but that they were in the process of authorizing some of the officers to do the final approval without the judge. Hopefully that doesn't delay applications. Hope this wasn't too long to read and is helpful! Good luck with your own test!
Thanks, hope that he will have his oath soon.

superlj

Mar 21, 2013
Done the citizenship test and interviews yesterday July 16 @ 13:30. Super easy questions if you comprehend the questions you found online and read the book at least once. I did not get exact same question seen before. The officer was super nice. He only asked me two actual questions and the rest was chatting about my family and travel history. One suggestion I would say is the CBSA entry records were really helpful. I ordered it after submitting the application just in case of need. I brought it with me to interview. The officer saw it and photocopied it. Then he cross-checked them with the records on the questionnaire submitted with application, one by one. The officer seemed satisfied because all the date matched except for one which I explained due to less than 24 hours. I had 6 travels in 2012 and 3 in 2013 abroad. At the end the officer said everything looks good, I can expect the ceremony in 2-3 months. The entire process was quick, I went in to the test room at 13:30 and got out of the building at 14:05.

I don't know why some of us here can get the ceremony in 3 weeks after test? Or maybe 2-3 months are just standard response?

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
superlj said:
Done the citizenship test and interviews yesterday July 16 @ 13:30. Super easy questions if you comprehend the questions you found online and read the book at least once. I did not get exact same question seen before. The officer was super nice. He only asked me two actual questions and the rest was chatting about my family and travel history. One suggestion I would say is the CBSA entry records were really helpful. I ordered it after submitting the application just in case of need. I brought it with me to interview. The officer saw it and photocopied it. Then he cross-checked them with the records on the questionnaire submitted with application, one by one. The officer seemed satisfied because all the date matched except for one which I explained due to less than 24 hours. I had 6 travels in 2012 and 3 in 2013 abroad. At the end the officer said everything looks good, I can expect the ceremony in 2-3 months. The entire process was quick, I went in to the test room at 13:30 and got out of the building at 14:05.

I don't know why some of us here can get the ceremony in 3 weeks after test? Or maybe 2-3 months are just standard response?
Congrats !! can you please guide me how to order CBSA report and how much time does it normally takes to get the report ?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
superlj said:

congraz

superlj

Mar 21, 2013
@muzmll

I followed this thread to get the records http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-order-cbsa-entry-and-exit-report-t190585.0.html

armesana

May 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Haven't received any notification except the in process and AOR.
Mailed my application mid Dec 2013 and my local office is Vancouver.
The received line is still on my ecas page.

Does it mean that they haven't done anything for my application?

Is this normal?

ripon243

Sep 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IvanP said:
Update!

My kids' "application received line" just disappeared and the "in process" status now has a third item: "We started processing your application on July 11, 2014." I hope this means "processing at the local office" rather than "yeah, we got your application, and someday we might look at it."

We live in Montreal, so hopefully this is good news for other Quebec applications, too! (It's just our kids applying, and they require no citizenship test or oath, so our timing is probably not representative of the general pace of applications, but still it's good to see some movement!)

I am also from QC region.....I also see my received line disappeared on July06...and they strated processing on my son application......lets hope for the best....

Wshaduca

Nov 15, 2013
i just checked on my ecas today (i don't know when the they updated the system). As per ecas I will take oath on august 1.

my timeline:
application received: dec 20, 2013
in process: feb 25, 2014
test date: june 12, 2014 @ scarborough office
oath letter mailed as per ecas: july 17, 2014
oath date: august 1, 2014

wishing you all
the best fellow dec applicant!

mjm

Star Member
Feb 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mjm said:
I would like to share my Spouse Application Status with Kids. We are from Mississauga

1. Application Received - Dec 5, 2013
2. Processing Started - Feb 18, 2014
3. FP done early June
4. Test Invitation dated 8-Jul received Test on 18-Jul-2014

Mississauga Office
Well, my Spouse had Test on last Friday at Mississauga Office.

Test questions are from Discover Canada Book but they do test your knowledge not memorizing everything by heart, for example, if a 15-year old has to cast vote out of Canada, what he/she will do? - so ask yourself - what is the age of legal voter in Canada. So the questions test the same knowledge, but are little gimmick of English...

Interview with Officer went well... talking about family, history, living at various addresses, etc.

Finally, was handed over with Oath Invitation on Friday July 25, 2014.

ngyammine

Feb 26, 2014
Today was my citizenship test (July22), very easy, me and my wife scored 20/20...and yes they do tell you the result, interview was 5 min, didnt go into details...and she said our oath is Friday25.

PS. To pass, u need to solve online samples and read the book twice.

If your file is clean, they wont give you any RQ...so whoever gets a RQ for sure he/she knows the reason.

Very friendly, went in at 7.45am, test was at 8, 8:30 we were in the car, test and interview were done in 30 min.

goodluck guys

superlj

Mar 21, 2013
ngyammine said:
Today was my citizenship test (July22), very easy, me and my wife scored 20/20...and yes they do tell you the result, interview was 5 min, didnt go into details...and she said our oath is Friday25.

If your file is clean, they wont give you any RQ...so whoever gets a RQ for sure he/she knows the reason.

Very friendly, went in at 7.45am, test was at 8, 8:30 we were in the car, test and interview were done in 30 min.

goodluck guys
I bet your local office is not STC.

Canadianese

May 2, 2014
ngyammine said:

goodluck guys
Congrats ngyammine;

Where did u guys get ur passports' stamps translated, If u don't mind ?

iris66

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
ngyammine said:

goodluck guys
I have my test coming up soon. Please can you share how you prepared for your test?

ngyammine

Feb 26, 2014
iris66 said:
I have my test coming up soon. Please can you share how you prepared for your test?
Read the book twice, concentrate on names, and dates...History part...solve alot of tests online...by practice they will be very easy, after that, the test wont take more than 5 min