December 2013 Citizenship Applications

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Question to those who got the test invites....

did your eCas update first before getting the invite letter .... just wanted to know whether we should look for online update or mailbox .....

Thanks

ngyammine

Feb 26, 2014
atifakbar said:
Hi Guys,

did your eCas update first before getting the invite letter .... just wanted to know whether we should look for online update or mailbox .....

Thanks
couple of days later my ecas was updated

iris66

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
atifakbar said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks
Mine got updated today. I received my letter two days ago.

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ngyammine said:
couple of days later my ecas was updated
I read in your posts that invite letter sent to you on 8th July and your case was update on 11 July ... when did you get the physical letter in mail???

thanks

ngyammine

Feb 26, 2014
atifakbar said:
I read in your posts that invite letter sent to you on 8th July and your case was update on 11 July ... when did you get the physical letter in mail???

thanks
It was dated the 8th but I got it on the 10th

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Update!

My kids' "application received line" just disappeared and the "in process" status now has a third item: "We started processing your application on July 11, 2014." I hope this means "processing at the local office" rather than "yeah, we got your application, and someday we might look at it."

We live in Montreal, so hopefully this is good news for other Quebec applications, too! (It's just our kids applying, and they require no citizenship test or oath, so our timing is probably not representative of the general pace of applications, but still it's good to see some movement!)

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IvanP said:
Update!

My kids' "application received line" just disappeared and the "in process" status now has a third item: "We started processing your application on July 11, 2014." I hope this means "processing at the local office" rather than "yeah, we got your application, and someday we might look at it."

We live in Montreal, so hopefully this is good news for other Quebec applications, too! (It's just our kids applying, and they require no citizenship test or oath, so our timing is probably not representative of the general pace of applications, but still it's good to see some movement!)
once your kids status shows we started processing means your background checks are completed as for children there is no background check .... but in your case you only applied for children yup it is a good news and soon their file will be transferred to Local office ... all the best ...

ngyammine

Feb 26, 2014
This questi9n is for whoever took the citizenship exam...how similar are the questions to the sample tests online

abidcro

Aug 14, 2009
hello my daughter will start her kindergarten in august and I will apply in September for citizenship ,
my question is do I need any documents for her school?
if yes then what document will sufficient?
thanks

iris66

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
abidcro said:
hello my daughter will start her kindergarten in august and I will apply in September for citizenship ,
my question is do I need any documents for her school?
if yes then what document will sufficient?
thanks
In my case, I got a letter from the school showing registration date.

iris66

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Jems916 said:
Ecas was updated yesterday for my husband telling him that they mailed the test invite on June 30th. We haven't received the letter yet but his test date will be July 16th and it should be in Kitchener! :D
Hi Jems916,

How did the test go? Please share your husband's experience if you can. I have a test coming up in Kitchener.

sahil1

Feb 24, 2014
atifakbar said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks
Mine E-Cas was updated on very next morning after receipt of actual test letter in mail.

Jems916

Dec 16, 2013
iris66 said:
Hi Jems916,

How did the test go? Please share your husband's experience if you can. I have a test coming up in Kitchener.
Hello Iris66,

It went very well. The test was at 12:30 and we arrived at about 11:55 as we weren't sure about parking and wanted to be early. They went in to the test room at about 12:20 and my husband said they verified their identity using his drivers license. The officer explained to them that the ID used for identification could not be their passport (because it's a foreign document) and couldn't be their PR Card (because it was issued by that office), so it needed to be something like a drivers license that had both photo and signature on it. Then he said there were lot of instructions about writing the test and about coming back for the oath, he thought that they actually started writing the test at 1:05ish.

He came back out to the waiting room after writing the test, said he felt very good about the questions he received and that nothing really stumped him. He said the most questions were quite similar to the ones he had on the practice tests. He had to wait for his name to be called for the interview (which was done in the order they finished the test). He went into a room with the officer and was told that he got perfect on the test :D Then they asked him some questions about where he's living and working, and wanted to see his passport to match his stamps to when we claimed he was out of Canada. Since all of our trips have been to the USA and all by car, his passport has no stamps. The officer said that because of this they would have to consult with CBSA to verify his dates. This kind of irritated us because we were under the impression that we had already given them permission to access this information on the citizenship application. Anyway the officer said that would take 1-2 weeks and that we should hear back in 1-2 months about the oath ceremony.

All in all in went very well and I think we were done at around 2:30. The officer did say something about the Kitchener office being between citizenship judges and that lately they've been having to send the applications to different offices for final approval, but that they were in the process of authorizing some of the officers to do the final approval without the judge. Hopefully that doesn't delay applications. Hope this wasn't too long to read and is helpful! Good luck with your own test!

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

A question ... for test i believe we have to take color copies (all page) of all passports (covering last 4 years) .... Question is do we need to take the copies for children's passports as well....

Thanks