+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2013 Citizenship Applications

iris66

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
I called CIC today and was told that they already have my test. It is surprising given that l only did my test yesterday. They seem to be moving fast now.
Good luck to others.

sm2312

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

Just checked ECAS and find that we have our citizenship test on August 26, 2014. It appears that ECAS was updated between Saturday and today as I had last checked on Friday evening.

Hope to see more people from December 2013 getting test invites soon!!

aamer43

May 6, 2009
sm2312 said:
Hi Friends,

Just checked ECAS and find that we have our citizenship test on August 26, 2014. It appears that ECAS was updated between Saturday and today as I had last checked on Friday evening.

@sm2312

Many Congratulations!

Thank you for sharing and keep the thread alive. All the very best for the test

sm2312

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just also wanted to let everybody know that they should not take for granted what they hear from the Call Centre Agents when they call CIC. Here is my story - I called CIC on Thursday morning last week and I was told that my file was still in Sydney!!! :'( And then I found yseterday that ECAS was updated with the test details for August 26th!! :D ;D

So folks, keep your hopes up and take what you hear on the phone with a pinch of salt.

logician

Aug 5, 2014
Just want to share my timeline:

App received: Dec. 6, 2013
Processing started: Feb. 25, 2014
Test Date: July 31, 2014 (letter sent on July 11th)

The officer said my oath will take place in a few months, but before the end of this year. Wait for the oath letter now.

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sm2312 said:
Hi Friends,

Congratulations .... all the best for test ...

crazylove

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010
klaudya123 said:
The letter asking for my fingerprints came from the CIC in Edmonton and they asked to send the fingerprints to them not to NS.
Hi Klaudya123,

Do you have any current update on your file? I sent my fingerprints on 28th May, And no update on my file yet.

iris66

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Jems916 said:
Hello Iris66,

It went very well. The test was at 12:30 and we arrived at about 11:55 as we weren't sure about parking and wanted to be early. They went in to the test room at about 12:20 and my husband said they verified their identity using his drivers license. The officer explained to them that the ID used for identification could not be their passport (because it's a foreign document) and couldn't be their PR Card (because it was issued by that office), so it needed to be something like a drivers license that had both photo and signature on it. Then he said there were lot of instructions about writing the test and about coming back for the oath, he thought that they actually started writing the test at 1:05ish.

He came back out to the waiting room after writing the test, said he felt very good about the questions he received and that nothing really stumped him. He said the most questions were quite similar to the ones he had on the practice tests. He had to wait for his name to be called for the interview (which was done in the order they finished the test). He went into a room with the officer and was told that he got perfect on the test :D Then they asked him some questions about where he's living and working, and wanted to see his passport to match his stamps to when we claimed he was out of Canada. Since all of our trips have been to the USA and all by car, his passport has no stamps. The officer said that because of this they would have to consult with CBSA to verify his dates. This kind of irritated us because we were under the impression that we had already given them permission to access this information on the citizenship application. Anyway the officer said that would take 1-2 weeks and that we should hear back in 1-2 months about the oath ceremony.

All in all in went very well and I think we were done at around 2:30. The officer did say something about the Kitchener office being between citizenship judges and that lately they've been having to send the applications to different offices for final approval, but that they were in the process of authorizing some of the officers to do the final approval without the judge. Hopefully that doesn't delay applications. Hope this wasn't too long to read and is helpful! Good luck with your own test!
Hi Jems916 - any update from Kitchener office?

Jems916

Dec 16, 2013
iris66 said:
Hi Jems916 - any update from Kitchener office?
Hi, sorry we were on holidays. No we haven't heard anything. Just waiting and hoping to hear about the oath ceremony soon!

snappl

Aug 13, 2014
Hi Guys,

Just found this forum, I'm a December 2013 applicant with details below.

Application Received: Jan 27, 2014
Started Processing: Mar 19, 2014

I haven't seen any updates since then, receive line is still there. I called CIC this morning, but the agent refused to give any details other than saying my application is "in process".

I've noticed that some people have posted details such as date file was transferred to the local office, etc. How can I obtain that information?

Thanks!

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snappl said:
Hi Guys,

Just found this forum, I'm a December 2013 applicant with details below.

Application Received: Jan 27, 2014
Started Processing: Mar 19, 2014

I haven't seen any updates since then, receive line is still there. I called CIC this morning, but the agent refused to give any details other than saying my application is "in process".

I've noticed that some people have posted details such as date file was transferred to the local office, etc. How can I obtain that information?

Thanks!
Strange normally after this much time they inform you that you file is still in Sydney or moved to Local office….i called few times and they told me about this… I believe you need to call again as sometimes you get more info from other representative …. Try one more time …..

crazylove

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010
So I have been receiving misinformation from CIC call agents. Last time i called a week or so ago, agent told me they received my fingerprints from RCMP on 29th May 2014. And they are still waiting to receive clearance from RCMP. Therefore, I emailed RCMP to inquire on the update of my fingerprints, and below is the email i received from RCMP today.

I personally think St Clair office is taking long to complete the transfer to local office Scarborough. Seems like things are moving for me.

Good Morning,

In response to your request for a status update on a Civil Criminal Record verification for: Canadian Citizenship

Please be advised that the verification in question was completed on: July 18th, 2014 and the result has been sent to:

TORONTO CITIZENSHIP - CIC
55 ST. CLAIR AVENUE EAST,
2ND FLOOR
TORONTO ON M4T 1M2

NOTE:

CFSS processes more than 15,000 criminal record searches each month. The processing times for applications will vary depending on whether or not an individuals fingerprints can be associated to a criminal holding maintained by the RCMP. For those that are associated and or a manual review must take place, the process can take in excess of one hundred and twenty (120) days. For those that are not associated the processing time is significantly less. For further information on processing times please visit our website.

iris66

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
I called CIC and was told that my fill was approved Aug. 1st. I'm just waiting to be scheduled for ceremony.

Have a nice weekend.