December 2013 Citizenship Applications

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I took Oath yesterday and finally my Journey to Canadian Citizenship is over. It was nice to be with all of you on this Journey.

I wish all of those still in waiting and Congratulate to those who became Canadian Citizen.

Thanks

Canadianese

May 2, 2014
atifakbar said:
Hi Everyone,

I took Oath yesterday and finally my Journey to Canadian Citizenship is over. It was nice to be with all of you on this Journey.

I wish all of those still in waiting and Congratulate to those who became Canadian Citizen.

Thanks

AtifAkbar, hello & congrats to u & your family for having the Citizenship granted;

If u don't mind sharing with us based on your experience since u were a family application ....

(1) Did they call u and your wife for the interview together? And If No, did u have to split the documents accordingly?
(2) Do u mind sharing with us your experience during the interview after test with the Citizenship Officer?

Thanx & best of luck.

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadianese said:
AtifAkbar, hello & congrats to u & your family for having the Citizenship granted;

If u don't mind sharing with us based on your experience since u were a family application ....

(1) Did they call u and your wife for the interview together? And If No, did u have to split the documents accordingly?
(2) Do u mind sharing with us your experience during the interview after test with the Citizenship Officer?

Thanx & best of luck.
Thanks Canadianese ….. I asked the same question before going to interview but it seems there is no hard rule on this. They called me first (specifically) and check my documents (only passports) and then she called my wife.
I split the documents and my wife carried her documents (passport translations, UAE final Exit Report, Ontario Health record, CBSA report and her tax returns). BUT they didn’t check any of those…
As I said there is no hard rule I saw other officer calling both the applicant together and I watched her taking interview and letting them go together …. But it is good to split documents.
Officer called me first and took my IDs (driver license and Medical card) she matched them first and then she asked me to give her my passports (last two passports). She verified each and every stamp and found all in my passports …. She found some Arabic stamps in my old passports I told her that I have translations and provided that to her …. She asked me that am I working with the same employer that I mentioned in the application and I gave here my employment letter I just got few days back. That is all …

Then she called my wife and asked some basic questions that what is she doing here and day to day routine …. AND give us Oath letter for 22nd of August ….
I read millions of stories and prepared myself well but believe me … it all depends on case by case … if you know that your case is straight forward do not worry they will not put you in any trouble …….
Hope it covers all if you need any specific info let me know
Thanks

hifigal

Aug 18, 2014
hi krishnadec2013,
according to my calculations, you will get your oath invitation in October for early November ceremony if your case is straight forward. just hang in there...!
my test was on 7 th july and oath is on 2 September 2014 @ Hamilton office.

KrishnaDec2013 said:
HI fellow Ottawans gdd486, Ontarioan,

I gave my test on July 22nd. CIC Officer said " we will get back to you in about 2 months regarding the next steps". I am currently waiting to hear from them - I hope it will be an invitation for taking the Oath!

Good luck everyone!

Canadianese

May 2, 2014
atifakbar said:
Thanks Canadianese ..... I asked the same question before going to interview but it seems there is no hard rule on this. They called me first (specifically) and check my documents (only passports) and then she called my wife.
I split the documents and my wife carried her documents (passport translations, UAE final Exit Report, Ontario Health record, CBSA report and her tax returns). BUT they didn't check any of those...
As I said there is no hard rule I saw other officer calling both the applicant together and I watched her taking interview and letting them go together .... But it is good to split documents.
Officer called me first and took my IDs (driver license and Medical card) she matched them first and then she asked me to give her my passports (last two passports). She verified each and every stamp and found all in my passports .... She found some Arabic stamps in my old passports I told her that I have translations and provided that to her .... She asked me that am I working with the same employer that I mentioned in the application and I gave here my employment letter I just got few days back. That is all ...

Then she called my wife and asked some basic questions that what is she doing here and day to day routine .... AND give us Oath letter for 22nd of August ....
I read millions of stories and prepared myself well but believe me ... it all depends on case by case ... if you know that your case is straight forward do not worry they will not put you in any trouble .......
Hope it covers all if you need any specific info let me know
Thanks
Very much Thanks Atif. And I'll definitely I'll get back to u If any help or question pops up. Thanks again & best of luck to u 7 the family.

crazylove

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010
How many dec 2013 applicants are still waiting for test and oath?

crazylove

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010
I guess i am the only one from ontario left. Hopefully i should get the test invitation soon.

crazylove

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010
cookie123 said:
hi crazylove. I am waiting too. Hope we get it soon
Did you apply in december and did they ask you for Fingerprints?

sm2312

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So Here is my update folks.

Had my Citizenship Test this afternoon at 12:45 in Mississauga.

Test was easy and I was done in less than 5 minutes. Scored 20/20. On completing the test, we were asked to exit the room and wait outside for the interview calls. Though I was the first one to finish the test, I found that 4 other applicants were called for the interview in a separate room. Once everybody finished the test, we were all asked to go back to the testing room and wait in one corner.

Me and my wife were then the first to be called for the interview in the same room. The Officer first informed us that we had both passed and asked for all the original ID's. He was talking and also verifying the documents. After verifying each document, he would tick something on the application. Since we lived for 10 years in the Middle East before moving to Canada the Officer started verifying all the dates on the application and the CBSA report that he had on file. I had done some homework and put stickers on my passport indicating the stamps that were relevant. The officer went though in detail and asked about my work, my wifes work etc and then started looking at the passport. He wanted to see the UAE exit stamp for the day that I left UAE. I showed him the same and he asked how can he be sure that I did not go back to the UAE again. I showed him my employment letter from my employer in UAE clearly showuing that I had resigned. He then asked that the letter said I was employed only till Nov 2009 but I left UAE in Feb 2010. I explained that the employers give you 3 months to exit the country and he was satisfied.

He then signed the applcations as approved and give us OATH letter for Friday, August 29, 2014 at 1:00 pm!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

So folks the long ordeal is finally coming to an end .... a happy end :D :D

Some takeaways - I did not have translations of the UAE/Oman stamps. I also did not have the visa calcellation document for UAE but I was confident and has other supporting documents that helped.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sm2312 said:

Test was easy and I was done in less than 5 minutes. Scored 20/20. On completing the test, we were asked to exit the room and wait outside for the interview calls. Though I was the first one to finish the test, I found that 4 other applicants were called for the interview in a separate room. Once everybody finished the test, we were all asked to go back to the testing room and wait in one corner.

Me and my wife were then the first to be called for the interview in the same room. The Officer first informed us that we had both passed and asked for all the original ID's. He was talking and also verifying the documents. After verifying each document, he would tick something on the application. Since we lived for 10 years in the Middle East before moving to Canada the Officer started verifying all the dates on the application and the CBSA report that he had on file. I had done some homework and put stickers on my passport indicating the stamps that were relevant. The officer went though in detail and asked about my work, my wifes work etc and then started looking at the passport. He wanted to see the UAE exit stamp for the day that I left UAE. I showed him the same and he asked how can he be sure that I did not go back to the UAE again. I showed him my employment letter from my employer in UAE clearly showuing that I had resigned. He then asked that the letter said I was employed only till Nov 2009 but I left UAE in Feb 2010. I explained that the employers give you 3 months to exit the country and he was satisfied.

He then signed the applcations as approved and give us OATH letter for Friday, August 29, 2014 at 1:00 pm!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Some takeaways - I did not have translations of the UAE/Oman stamps. I also did not have the visa calcellation document for UAE but I was confident and has other supporting documents that helped.

1ST, CONGRAZ AND have to envy you, from test to oath in only 3 DAYS!!!!!
3,!!!!!! DAYS!!!!!!!!!!

crazylove

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010
sm2312 said:

Congrats.

sm2312

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Crazylove and u4g5.

Wish you all the best with your applications!!