+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2013 Applications

ZZOO

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
vmehndi said:
ECAS shows 'we have started processing your application on Aug-05". Medicals have been completed in July last week.

Why in the world i am not hearing any news from CIC? :(
did you do upfront medical exam or you receive the MR after your ECAS changed in to " in process"?

siriPR2014

Dec 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Dec-2013
AOR Received.
23-Jan-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
UFM on 8th-May-2014
Med's Done....
Status updated on ECAS on 6th June 2014
Did anyone status got changed to decision made in last 1 month??

Muttley

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Digital_Tofu said:
My Current BWOP is valid until May next year, wouldn't it be irrelevant if the CoPR is "not valid for travel" if I can just come in on my BWOP anyway?
This is consistent with the advice given to me by the immigration officer at my landing when i asked her about travel before getting my PR card, as the CoPR is not valid for travel.

The Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD)

Most residents of Canada are also citizens and therefore have a Canadian passport, enabling them to travel to and from Canada without hindrance. However, for those who have not yet obtained Canadian citizenship, travel can be a hassle. That is why the Canadian government created the Permanent Resident Travel Document (also known as a PRTD).

The Canadian Permanent Resident Travel Document enables Canadian residents who do not currently hold a Canadian passport the ability to return to Canada without the usual hassle of obtaining a visa. Prior to boarding a plane, bus or boat, most operators require that their passengers provide valid proof that they will be accepted into Canada upon arrival. For Canadian citizens, a passport is sufficient, however for permanent residents who have not yet obtained citizenship, an alternative document must be presented. The acceptable documents are the Canadian Permanent Resident Card or the Canadian Permanent Resident Travel Document. The Canadian Permanent Resident Travel Document is used most frequently in the event that you have lost or forgotten your Permanent Resident Card.

How To Apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document

The process of applying for a PRTD is simple and can mostly be completed online.

First, visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp to download all of the necessary documents that you will need to print.

Once you have completed the application form, and paid the necessary fees, mail your fully completed permanent resident travel document application to the appropriate Canadian visa office. To determine which Canadian Visa Office you should apply to, choose the nearest option from the following list: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

Do I need a PRTD?

You do not need a Permanent Resident Travel Document if you have any of the following documents:
•Canadian passport
•Canadian permanent resident card

You will, however, need the document if you do not have the above. The following documents are not acceptable proof of residency:
Record of landing
•Returning resident permit
•Letter of permanent residence

Regs Mut

If you fail to provide the required documents to your travel provider, it is likely that you will be denied entry and unable to return to Canada.

For more information on the Canadian Permanent Resident Travel Document, please explore our website.

luvcanvisa

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2013
AOR Received.
24-01-2014
IELTS Request
sent with the application
File Transfer...
05-08-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
06-08-2014
Med's Done....
11-08-2014 ECAS status on 18-08-2014 - medical received, RPRF recd 26-09-2014, paid same day
Digital_Tofu said:
My consultant has informed me that they are quite slow at the moment. I submitted my medical last week, and my consultant said that the whole process has been slow when they look at all the cases they have been dealing with lately. Just a backlog of work that CIC are trying to get through after Summer etc. Hang in there!

I'm hoping I'll be able to land before xmas. That's the goal.
Same here buddy....I hope! :)

toronto2222

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 11th 2013
AOR Received.
30th Jan 2014
Med's Request
24th June 2014
Med's Done....
11th July 2014
Passport Req..
9th Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26th Jan 2015
LANDED..........
23rd Feb 2015
Yup..me too!! doc uploaded medical report on 24th july..but ecas stats still does not reflect that..hoping that the officers get through the backlog soooooooon and good things happen to all of us!!!

luvcanvisa said:
Same here buddy....I hope! :)

luvcanvisa

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2013
AOR Received.
24-01-2014
IELTS Request
sent with the application
File Transfer...
05-08-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
06-08-2014
Med's Done....
11-08-2014 ECAS status on 18-08-2014 - medical received, RPRF recd 26-09-2014, paid same day
vmehndi said:
ECAS shows 'we have started processing your application on Aug-05". Medicals have been completed in July last week.

Patience buddy ...patience! We all know there is some kind of back log and we are facing delays....just hope for the best and stay calm.
Positive attitude is all the more important when things do not go as you expect it to be...thats when our characters are tested...

Take it easy I would say....

Good Luck
luvcanvisa

victoryincanada

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
14 feb 2014
IELTS Request
celpip submitted
Med's Request
pre medical
Med's Done....
June 2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to land
vmehndi said:

Mine is in process since 5th july....wrote to cic and they are saying that still its being processed within their overall timeline window and keep communication with them to minimum:)...keeping fingers crossed. .

drSep2013

Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2*7*
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
IELTS Request
31-07-2013
Med's Request
01-04-2014
Med's Done....
04-04-2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Did any one receive PPR recently. In some forum, I read that somebody did receive the PPR on September 10th. but, not confirmed on the DM when it was changed.

Please share us if there are any updates.

preet_25

Dec 20, 2013
Good morning everyone
I have a question...i was done with my medicals and have problem of high blood pressure, will this effect the PR process or cause any delay in the process. :'(

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
preet_25 said:
Good morning everyone
I have a question...i was done with my medicals and have problem of high blood pressure, will this effect the PR process or cause any delay in the process. :'(
Did your DMP requested you serum creatinine additional Test ?

preet_25

Dec 20, 2013
Gurindar said:
Did your DMP requested you serum creatinine additional Test ?
Just the normal lab tests that we do for immigration, but she referred some general tests which will not be included in the reports sent to CIC and will be done on my health card.

vj1986

Mar 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-Feb-2014
Doc's Request.
5-May-2014
AOR Received.
5-Mar-2014
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
25 Mar
Med's Done....
26 Mar
Passport Req..
PP req: 11-May // PP delivered to CIC: 14-May // RPRF upfront
VISA ISSUED...
28-may-2015
Hi everyone,

I was looking to share my case timelines but cant see any option. So here it goes:

Submitted application with IELTS results: 5-Dec-2013
AOR# 5-Mar-2014
Documents requested: 28-May-2014 (latest T4, pay stubs and RCMP)
Medicals done: 5-Feb-2014 (for ICT application valid till Feb 2015)

eCAS shows "in Progress" Medicals received . I havent received any request for RPRF (guess its the next step since medicals are cleared during ICT WP application).
I must have saved 1-2 precious weeks in Medicals req/submitted process.

Any info is appreciated

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
preet_25 said:
Just the normal lab tests that we do for immigration, but she referred some general tests which will not be included in the reports sent to CIC and will be done on my health card.
I dont know what your doc is doing - He is DMP he should know what he is doing I would not comment on that , To let you know there is a set process when DMP notices abnormality . Please see below when BP is high . Immigration medicals further Tests can't do done on health card as fas I know.

If its abnormal its DMP duty to record abnormality on the Report , I don't know what doc did on your case , if he said High BP he need to do Tests ad per the flow chart designed by cic.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/IMEI_Hypertension.pdf

If he/she ordered additional Tests why would not it be attached on Report ? Anyways Best of luck yor DMP will send the report to RMO for review if they don't come up with any query and your medicals are updated in ecas - you are good to go.