I have applied for GCMS on 8th August and received today
my timeline below:

App received: November 08, 2013
MR: May 13
RPRF: May 13
Medicals completed: May 31
Medicals received: Aug 18
PPR: Still waiting
Did it cost more than 2.5 months to receive medical report after examination?

Muttley

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Digital_Tofu said:
I am from oz. I currently live and work in Toronto (for over 2 years). That's fantastic! So the passport request is not for everyone? only for specific countries from what I gather for what you said. that eases my mind a lot, only as I need the passport for travel in the coming months. thanks for that!
Tofu, if you are from a Visa exempt country like Aus (as I was UK) there is no PPR. After the process has completed ( I.E. Decision made) you will get CoPR in the mail. You can then land at Toronto. However, if you have a trip in December I suggest that you take the CoPR with you and land on your return. otherwise you will have to get a PRTD from your country of destination. That has to be applied for and received for your return journey. It becomes more difficult to travel without the PR card so land after your trip is my advice.

It will all happen soon.

regs

Mut

Digital_Tofu

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Muttley said:
Tofu, if you are from a Visa exempt country like Aus (as I was UK) there is no PPR. After the process has completed ( I.E. Decision made) you will get CoPR in the mail. You can then land at Toronto. However, if you have a trip in December I suggest that you take the CoPR with you and land on your return. otherwise you will have to get a PRTD from your country of destination. That has to be applied for and received for your return journey. It becomes more difficult to travel without the PR card so land after your trip is my advice.

It will all happen soon.

regs

Mut
Oh right. that makes sense. So it would be worth while to hold off until I return from Australia at the end of my trip with my CoPR and land then? Is there complications if I decide to land earlier (when I receive the CoPR) down at Buffalo border? I know that the physical PR card takes a while to arrive after you land, but don't you get some sort of temporary document that could be shown when arriving back to Toronto as proof I've already landed? I'll certainly take your advice on board though, as it might be easier. Just pretty excited to land finally and don't want to hold off any longer that I need to. Thanks for you advice +1 for you!

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
Digital_Tofu said:
Oh right. that makes sense. So it would be worth while to hold off until I return from Australia at the end of my trip with my CoPR and land then? Is there complications if I decide to land earlier (when I receive the CoPR) down at Buffalo border? I know that the physical PR card takes a while to arrive after you land, but don't you get some sort of temporary document that could be shown when arriving back to Toronto as proof I've already landed? I'll certainly take your advice on board though, as it might be easier. Just pretty excited to land finally and don't want to hold off any longer that I need to. Thanks for you advice +1 for you!
Hey D_Tofu, no additional documents are issued after one lands. That being said, you don't need any documents as you are from a visa exempt country. Just show up and enter with your Aussie passport. It might be a good idea to land sooner than later, to become a PR sooner. You will become eligible to apply for citizenship earlier, if you wanted one :)

nabeeljafri

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
Med's Request
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-09-2014
Passport Req..
27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2014
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
All, I am unable to load the application status tool from the CIC website. Is anybody else experiencing the same problem?

nabeeljafri

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
Med's Request
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-09-2014
Passport Req..
27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2014
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
Oct2013_app said:
It happened occasionally....it's working right now.
Yeah, tried from a colleague's workstation and it went through!

Thanks for checking!

EDIT: Some updates on the application-

MR: July 8th
Additional Documents: July 9th (T4 and NOA for 2014, PCC)

Requested GCMS: August 8th

T4A and NOA sent: Aug 11th
PCC sent: Aug 14th
Med's Submitted by doc: Sept. 5th

Received GCMS: Sept. 9th

---

GCMS, surprisingly, show the T4A and NOA I had submitted by email! It was a pleasant surprise though given I had received no confirmation and I thought GCMS notes were generated for the day they were requested...oh well. GCMS say Recommended Passed (which I believe explains the MR) but the RCMP check still says Initiated and I guess RPRF comes in when it has been completed.

I have requested another set today to verify that my PCC and Medical Results have been added to the file as well.

Good luck to us all!

Muttley

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Digital_Tofu said:
Yor CoPR will be stamped in big letters NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL... I spoke with the Immigration officer and she and a collegue advised me not to travel until I had my PR card as I was landing. They said fine to Land with the PR card but not ok to travel without it once landed. So I would take the CoPR with you on your trip ...dont lose it and land with it on your return.

regs Mut

Digital_Tofu

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Muttley said:
Yor CoPR will be stamped in big letters NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL... I spoke with the Immigration officer and she and a collegue advised me not to travel until I had my PR card as I was landing. They said fine to Land with the PR card but not ok to travel without it once landed. So I would take the CoPR with you on your trip ...dont lose it and land with it on your return.

regs Mut
How long does a PR card take to come through one you land generally speaking?

Digital_Tofu

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Muttley said:

regs Mut
My Current BWOP is valid until May next year, wouldn't it be irrelevant if the CoPR is "not valid for travel" if I can just come in on my BWOP anyway?

greg123

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Digital_Tofu said:
My Current BWOP is valid until May next year, wouldn't it be irrelevant if the CoPR is "not valid for travel" if I can just come in on my BWOP anyway?
Don't worry, you are totally fine once you have your CoPR, I have multiple friends from Aus and the UK that have come and gone with only a copy of that and not had any issues. Being from a visa exempt country saves a lot of the headaches.

Digital_Tofu

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
greg123 said:
Don't worry, you are totally fine once you have your CoPR, I have multiple friends from Aus and the UK that have come and gone with only a copy of that and not had any issues. Being from a visa exempt country saves a lot of the headaches.
Thanks. I figured it wouldn't be a hassle at all. I'm landing as soon as I get my CoPR! Screw waiting any longer than this whole process has been!

vmehndi

Jul 7, 2014
ECAS shows 'we have started processing your application on Aug-05". Medicals have been completed in July last week.

Why in the world i am not hearing any news from CIC? :(