+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DEC 22 ITA Recipients >>>> Converge HERE For Next Steps

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kallucanada said:
You must provide a POE even though you are applying a PR under CEC from Canada or outside. Please read the instructions below for the POE?

Temporary Residents

If you are visiting Canada, you must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who will be with you while you are in Canada. Provide as many of these documents as you can:

your bank statements for the past four months
a bank draft in convertible currency
pay stubs
an employment letter
proof of assets or business
proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
tax reports, declarations or statements
proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada

Express Entry - Permanent Residents

If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:

list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).
Completely incorrect - CEC applicants do not require POF - "Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

kallucanada

Star Member
May 5, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
Completely incorrect - CEC applicants do not require POF - "Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29
It may be incorrect but the actual instructions never said the POF is not required for CEC, however, I provided it.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kallucanada said:
It may be incorrect but the actual instructions never said the POF is not required for CEC, however, I provided it.
There is no "may" - you are mistaken and clearly failed to read the link above.

Another link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

kallucanada

Star Member
May 5, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
There is no "may" - you are mistaken and clearly failed to read the link above.

Another link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
Completely agreed with you but what is about below highlighted?

Proof of funds – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

Note: We update these numbers every year based on 50 per cent of the low income cut-off totals. You may want to double-check that you still have enough money, based on the new cut-off, to support your family if you immigrate to Canada. This change is small but there is a chance it could affect your eligibility.

Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.

You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you).

You will need to show proof to the Canadian visa office in your home country that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.

The amount of money you need to support your family is set by the size of your family. We update these amounts every year.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It states the two instances for which an applicant does not need POF - having a valid offer or being invited under CEC.

kallucanada

Star Member
May 5, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
It states the two instances for which an applicant does not need POF - having a valid offer or being invited under CEC.
You may be still right about the POF but it is a conflict for me. However, there is no harm to provide the POF.

By the way, what document do we need to upload in POF section if it is not required for CEC category?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A letter stating that you've been invited under CEC and thus, no POF is required.

It may not affect you but certainly for other people showing $12,000 can prove difficult specially since as I've stated several times, POF is not required.

ashishapar007

Jul 25, 2015
kallucanada said:
You may be still right about the POF but it is a conflict for me. However, there is no harm to provide the POF.

By the way, what document do we need to upload in POF section if it is not required for CEC category?
I am 100% agree with Del. POF is not required for CEC candidates. I am already confirmed about it. Even I had some bank letters I am refraining from uploading.

TOSH2601

Jan 1, 2017
Hi,

Can any body please clarify this. I have worked multiple companies and have all the relevant documents that i worked for 10 years, but not for the one that i worked 10 years ago . Do i need to show that company as well. If so, do we need to show in personal history section or work history section. Though, i don't claim any points using that employment, i showed that employment in Canada work permit application submitted 4 years ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

ashishapar007

Jul 25, 2015
TOSH2601 said:
Hi,

Can any body please clarify this. I have worked multiple companies and have all the relevant documents that i worked for 10 years, but not for the one that i worked 10 years ago .

Do i need to show that company as well. If so, do we need to show in personal history section or work history section. Though, i don't claim any points using that employment, i showed that employment in Canada work permit application submitted 4 years ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance. Show them under personal history, not work history. Include experiences in work history for which you claimed points
P.S. As I recall if they do not ask for activities more than 10 years ago or before the age of 18, you might not have to mention it.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
DelPiero07 / Asivad Anac / or any expert advice,

I have a question on employment.
I am working in the same company from last 2 years in Canada, after 1.5 yrs they increment my salary.
Now I have offer letter that showing old salary and they didn’t provide me any letter after the increment.
So, what type of letter should I ask them now? Or can I simply update my offer letter with new salary?

Thanks!

ashishapar007

Jul 25, 2015
Nick~Nick said:
DelPiero07 / Asivad Anac / or any expert advice,

I have a question on employment.
I am working in the same company from last 2 years in Canada, after 1.5 yrs they increment my salary.
Now I have offer letter that showing old salary and they didn’t provide me any letter after the increment.
So, what type of letter should I ask them now? Or can I simply update my offer letter with new salary?

Thanks!
Does your employment reference letter listed old salary or new salary? If old salary, I would say leave it as such so it matches with your offer letter. I do not think salary matters since we have people all around the world with different range of salaries.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
ashishapar007 said:
Does your employment reference letter listed old salary or new salary? If old salary, I would say leave it as such so it matches with your offer letter. I do not think salary matters since we have people all around the world with different range of salaries.
I requested for reference letter after ITA, so it will going to be new salary on that. So what is your suggestion on this ?

si403

Dec 20, 2016
For work history document upload. I have t4, payslips (6 months), Offer letter and reference letter. However I do not have a Notice of assessment. I tried to create an account on CRA website. However the authentication processes requires I verify if I still have the same Postal Code which is stated in my 2015 T4. I currently now live in India so clearly that is not the case.

Is it necessary to have an NOA if i have 2 years worth of T4s??