+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dealing with Post ITA Pregnancy

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
I understand, I remember going through forums after forums to look up the same answer myself when I was doing it.

I was also moving to a different country for a new job at the time so that was something I had been worried about as well.

Considering you will probably submit the documentation on or around the 22nd of Jan, I'm assuming you should have PPR before the end of the month.
I am hoping I receive the PPR within two weeks after submitting my documents. Considering our medicals (spouse and I) are only valid till April 19, 2019, we are hoping to make a soft landing before then.

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
I am hoping I receive the PPR within two weeks after submitting my documents. Considering our medicals (spouse and I) are only valid till April 19, 2019, we are hoping to make a soft landing before then.
I would be surprised if that wasn't the case. I remember getting it in a week from when I submitted all documents and that was with an ADR they had in between for the address in the new country I had moved to.

Reactions: Supernova

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
I would be surprised if that wasn't the case. I remember getting it in a week from when I submitted all documents and that was with an ADR they had in between for the address in the new country I had moved to.
Our AOR was in May 2018. It has been a long and drawn-out process approaching a year of processing time. I find that I wasn't once impatient during the entire process as I am now. As the PPR comes closer and closer, I can hardly wait! February and March cannot come soon enough.

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping and for a quick PPR.

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Our AOR was in May 2018. It has been a long and drawn-out process approaching a year of processing time. I find that I wasn't once impatient during the entire process as I am now. As the PPR comes closer and closer, I can hardly wait! February and March cannot come soon enough.

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping and for a quick PPR.
I understand how it feels buddy. I hope it all works out very quickly for you and the move to Canada is effortless.

Mkface03

Jul 1, 2018
We applied for PR in Sep 2018. It is usually taking 6 months for PPR these days and wew are expecting PPR in March 2019. Our baby will be born in Feb 2019.
Assuming we are able to have his Passport and Birth Certificate ready in one month, any idea how much additional time it will take in our case? Will we have to wait another 6 months after we update our application to get PPR?

maan1982

Feb 22, 2018
First of all thanks to Haider for initiating this page and to other members who contributed in this....
Like other, I was also bit skeptical about the process flow of PR process for those who deferred X-ray due to pregnancy. This page was very helpful.
As my contribution to this page....
Below please find my timeline, which can guide others about the various stages and time involved....
ITA: 25 April 2018
AOR: 15 July 2018
Medical under Review and IP1: 1 August 2018
IP-2: 7 Nov 2018
Received ADR for new born documents on 7 Dec 2018
(although due date on pregnancy deferral letter was 29 Dec 2018, they sent the letter earlier even before baby's birth)
New folder in submitted application was provided to upload the documents and deadline for documents was 31 Jan 2019.
Documents requested by them included Passport, Birth certificate, Additional Fee receipt (150 CAD), IMM0008 and IMM5406 forms.
Baby born on 11 Dec 2018
Wife's Xray done on 19 Dec 2018
Medical Passed on 23 Dec 2018
Baby's documents were uploaded on portal on 21 Jan 2019 ( In addition to requested documents, I also went for baby's upfront medical and submitted that also)
CIC account updated on 24 Jan 2019 (i.e. Baby's name along with her UCI reflected under dependent list and also status of ADR changed to "We are reviewing the documents you have provided"

Presently waiting for further update and PPR (will update as and when updation happen).....
Meanwhile on 20 Nov 2018, I also applied for GCMS notes thru ATIP, but not received them till date....

maan1982

Feb 22, 2018
We applied for PR in Sep 2018. It is usually taking 6 months for PPR these days and wew are expecting PPR in March 2019. Our baby will be born in Feb 2019.
Assuming we are able to have his Passport and Birth Certificate ready in one month, any idea how much additional time it will take in our case? Will we have to wait another 6 months after we update our application to get PPR?
except for your medicals, rest of your file will be processed as usual and hopefully after submission of new born baby document, file is processed within a month or 2....

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Hi Haider and Maan1982,

I am stumbling upon one last confusing hurdle before I turn in my completed application. I hope you will be able to help me with this since you have already gone through the whole process.

Regarding the filling of the IMM5406 form (for Additional Family Information):

-Did you fill out and submit a copy each of the form IMM5406, one for yourself and one for your spouse?

By that I mean: did you (the principal applicant) fill one IMM5406 form listing your family members and did your wife fill out her own IMM5406 form listing her own family members (including you)?

I am confused about this because the instruction on the top of the form IMM5406 states: " The principal applicant, their spouse or common-law partner and all dependent children 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form..."

It seems each of the spouse needs to fill their own IMM5406 form and sign it with themselves as the principal applicant?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

maan1982

Feb 22, 2018
Hi Haider and Maan1982,

I am stumbling upon one last confusing hurdle before I turn in my completed application. I hope you will be able to help me with this since you have already gone through the whole process.

Regarding the filling of the IMM5406 form (for Additional Family Information):

-Did you fill out and submit a copy each of the form IMM5406, one for yourself and one for your spouse?

By that I mean: did you (the principal applicant) fill one IMM5406 form listing your family members and did your wife fill out her own IMM5406 form listing her own family members (including you)?

I am confused about this because the instruction on the top of the form IMM5406 states: " The principal applicant, their spouse or common-law partner and all dependent children 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form..."

It seems each of the spouse needs to fill their own IMM5406 form and sign it with themselves as the principal applicant?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks!!
Your understanding on this is right. Do submit two copies of IMM5406.
One filled with your deatils (and signed by you) and other filled with your spouse details (signed by spouse)

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Your understanding on this is right. Do submit two copies of IMM5406.
One filled with your deatils (and signed by you) and other filled with your spouse details (signed by spouse)
Mann1982- Thank you for your reply! I thought so too.

Also, did you fill out your spouse's IMM5406 mentioning her as "The Applicant" in Section A of the form and you as the Spouse? And vice versa? I am assuming you are the principal applicant? Now that you are done with submitting your application you should be getting your PPR in a couple of weeks. And congratulations on your newborn! :)

It would also be nice to obtain Haider's expertise on this.

maan1982

Feb 22, 2018
I
Mann1982- Thank you for your reply! I thought so too.

Also, did you fill out your spouse's IMM5406 mentioning her as "The Applicant" in Section A of the form and you as the Spouse? And vice versa? I am assuming you are the principal applicant? Now that you are done with submitting your application you should be getting your PPR in a couple of weeks. And congratulations on your newborn! :)

It would also be nice to obtain Haider's expertise on this.
In my form, I filled my name as Applicant and in spouse form, her name as "applicant".

maan1982

Feb 22, 2018
First of all thanks to Haider for initiating this page and to other members who contributed in this....
Like other, I was also bit skeptical about the process flow of PR process for those who deferred X-ray due to pregnancy. This page was very helpful.
As my contribution to this page....
Below please find my timeline, which can guide others about the various stages and time involved....
ITA: 25 April 2018
AOR: 15 July 2018
Medical under Review and IP1: 1 August 2018
IP-2: 7 Nov 2018
Received ADR for new born documents on 7 Dec 2018
(although due date on pregnancy deferral letter was 29 Dec 2018, they sent the letter earlier even before baby's birth)
New folder in submitted application was provided to upload the documents and deadline for documents was 31 Jan 2019.
Documents requested by them included Passport, Birth certificate, Additional Fee receipt (150 CAD), IMM0008 and IMM5406 forms.
Baby born on 11 Dec 2018
Wife's Xray done on 19 Dec 2018
Medical Passed on 23 Dec 2018
Baby's documents were uploaded on portal on 21 Jan 2019 ( In addition to requested documents, I also went for baby's upfront medical and submitted that also)
CIC account updated on 24 Jan 2019 (i.e. Baby's name along with her UCI reflected under dependent list and also status of ADR changed to "We are reviewing the documents you have provided"

Presently waiting for further update and PPR (will update as and when updation happen).....
Meanwhile on 20 Nov 2018, I also applied for GCMS notes thru ATIP, but not received them till date....
Never in my dreams, I expected that I will be updating my post so soon....
Got PPR email on 6th Feb 2019.....Was not expecting this soon, just 15 days after submitting baby's documents.....
Will definitely continue to help on this wonderful forum.....

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Got PPR email on 6th Feb 2019.....Was not expecting this soon, just 15 days after submitting baby's documents.....
Congratulations!

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Congratulations Maan1982! Good luck to your family on your new life in Canada. Really happy for you.