+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dealing with Post ITA Pregnancy

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Assalam o alaikum / Hello everyone,

I recently got my PPR and as everyone has their own PPR journey mine was unique in itself. One of the aspects of which was that we had our daughter after getting the ITA. The following is a guide to anyone who goes through similar circumstances:

So you got your ITA (Congrats) and found out you're going to have a baby soon (Congratulations once again!) with this new angel coming into your life your PPR journey may get delayed but there is no reason for it to stop.

How Pregnancy affects the Pre AOR / Post ITA Preparations:

Since you and your spouse are required to have a medical exam part of which is an X Ray. You will be asked whether you want to get it done or delay it, the other parts of the medical exam have to be undertaken as normal. Most doctors advise against it however it is your own choice as to how you approach this.

If you don't get the X Ray done - you will be provided with a pregnancy deferral letter which is a document you need to upload with the medical information sheet to your CIC account.

Having the Baby Pre AOR:

If you have the baby Pre AOR - it is, as per my understanding, required to disclose him/her as part of the application. I haven't any experience whether immigration officers provide you with any extra time to gather documents for the child but from what I have read I gathered that no extra time is given post the 90 Days deadline for filing documents for the ITA.

So my suggestion is; if your delivery date is before but close to the ITA deadline such that you will not be able to gather 1) Birth Certificate 2) Passport for the child, Get the AOR ASAP!

I suggest this because otherwise, if you are unable to provide the documents, you will not be able to file the application and if you don't disclose the child, that will be construed as misrepresentation.

Have filed the AOR & had the little bundle of Joy:

Congratulations!

Take time to recuperate. There is no hurry (Don't take too long though unless it can be justified somehow) I took my wife for the medical 10 days after the delivery however that was because we had a normal delivery. For more complicated deliveries, you may need longer and in my opinion that is fine. This is something that will be clarified to you by the clinic where you get the medical done, they may also call and ask you about this once the Expected Date of Delivery has passed.

Now that you feel ready to start working towards PPR, you should go get the X Ray done. The process is the same where you have to take an appointment informing them of the deferral. You may also want to take the bundle of joy with you for his/her medical however I would not recommend taking the baby at least for the first two weeks (Don't overwhelm the little one!).

To get the medical for the baby done you need to:
1) Open a CSE where you inform CIC of the LO (Little One)
2) Passport

Additional document required by CIC for filing application:
1) Birth Certificate

Once you open the CSE to add the LO:

Try to get the documentation ready before you do this. Normally, a CSE takes a week to get a response and they give you 30 Days to gather all the documents.

In some cases it may not be possible to gather all the documents in 30 days due to the bureaucratic structure of the government organisations so you may want to open the CSE once you have had some lead time but again don't take too long.

Once you have gotten a response to the CSE:

The response you get may be different for some people but I will mention here what happened to me:

1)They requested the above mentioned documents for the LO
2)Requested me to fill IMM0008 Form - which is basically the complete application no idea why they asked me to do this.
3)Requested me to fill IMM5406E Form - which is the additional family information form.
4)Requested that I get the medical done for the LO - process for which is exactly the same as getting your own medical done.

Once you have submitted all required documents:

You're done! Pat yourself on the back for me.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I wrote this post because today if I have my PPR it was by the Grace of God and the help I had from so many wonderful people here on the forum.

So I have two requests from anyone who reads this, when you pray please remember me and my family in your prayers and secondly, if possible, pay it forward by helping someone else out in any way you can.

Good luck!

Rupenzel

Oct 17, 2017

I recently got my PPR and as everyone has their own PPR journey mine was unique in itself. One of the aspects of which was that we had our daughter after getting the ITA. The following is a guide to anyone who goes through similar circumstances:

So you got your ITA (Congrats) and found out you're going to have a baby soon (Congratulations once again!) with this new angel coming into your life your PPR journey may get delayed but there is no reason for it to stop.

Since you and your spouse are required to have a medical exam part of which is an X Ray. You will be asked whether you want to get it done or delay it, the other parts of the medical exam have to be undertaken as normal. Most doctors advise against it however it is your own choice as to how you approach this.

If you don't get the X Ray done - you will be provided with a pregnancy deferral letter which is a document you need to upload with the medical information sheet to your CIC account.

Having the Baby Pre AOR:

If you have the baby Pre AOR - it is, as per my understanding, required to disclose him/her as part of the application. I haven't any experience whether immigration officers provide you with any extra time to gather documents for the child but from what I have read I gathered that no extra time is given post the 90 Days deadline for filing documents for the ITA.

So my suggestion is; if your delivery date is before but close to the ITA deadline such that you will not be able to gather 1) Birth Certificate 2) Passport for the child, Get the AOR ASAP!

I suggest this because otherwise, if you are unable to provide the documents, you will not be able to file the application and if you don't disclose the child, that will be construed as misrepresentation.

Congratulations!

Take time to recuperate. There is no hurry (Don't take too long though unless it can be justified somehow) I took my wife for the medical 10 days after the delivery however that was because we had a normal delivery. For more complicated deliveries, you may need longer and in my opinion that is fine. This is something that will be clarified to you by the clinic where you get the medical done, they may also call and ask you about this once the Expected Date of Delivery has passed.

Now that you feel ready to start working towards PPR, you should go get the X Ray done. The process is the same where you have to take an appointment informing them of the deferral. You may also want to take the bundle of joy with you for his/her medical however I would not recommend taking the baby at least for the first two weeks (Don't overwhelm the little one!).

2) Passport

1) Birth Certificate

Try to get the documentation ready before you do this. Normally, a CSE takes a week to get a response and they give you 30 Days to gather all the documents.

In some cases it may not be possible to gather all the documents in 30 days due to the bureaucratic structure of the government organisations so you may want to open the CSE once you have had some lead time but again don't take too long.

The response you get may be different for some people but I will mention here what happened to me:

2)Requested me to fill IMM0008 Form - which is basically the complete application no idea why they asked me to do this.
3)Requested me to fill IMM5406E Form - which is the additional family information form.
4)Requested that I get the medical done for the LO - process for which is exactly the same as getting your own medical done.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I wrote this post because today if I have my PPR it was by the Grace of God and the help I had from so many wonderful people here on the forum.

So I have two requests from anyone who reads this, when you pray please remember me and my family in your prayers and secondly, if possible, pay it forward by helping someone else out in any way you can.

Good luck!
Hi!!! Very informative post. :)
Have a small query.

AOR- March 21
But I have not done XRay coz I’m pregnant. Expecting delivery by May 5.
Will do x Ray after that.

1. How much slower would my PR application be, compared to others?

2. Upto what step can I expect my application to be processed till then?

My agent said my processing will not be put on hold....it will proceed normally...but I won’t get passport request until I submit baby’s documents. Is it so?

Reindeer1234

Sep 13, 2017
Hi ,

Thanks for the info. I am currently in the same scenario where I have recieved the ITA on 10 Jan & submitted my application on 30 Jan without x-ray of my spouse as she is pregnant.Does it mean that PPR request will not be given to me unless until I complete the medical of my spouse post delivery & submit relevant documents of new born eventhough my background check is completed ? Or there are still chances of getting an PPR request and I can still submit the medicals before landing or post delivery whichever is earlier ?

Any advice on this will be highly appreciated.

Having the Baby Pre AOR:

Congratulations!

2) Passport

1) Birth Certificate

Good luck!

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Hi!!! Very informative post. :)
Have a small query.

AOR- March 21
But I have not done XRay coz I’m pregnant. Expecting delivery by May 5.
Will do x Ray after that.

1. How much slower would my PR application be, compared to others?

2. Upto what step can I expect my application to be processed till then?

My agent said my processing will not be put on hold....it will proceed normally...but I won’t get passport request until I submit baby’s documents. Is it so?
Hello Rupenzel,

First of all many congratulations in advance as May 5th is now quite near.

Yes indeed your application will not be put on hold they will keep processing it however you will not get MEP (Medical Passed) until after you have had your bundle of joy and have gotten the X Ray done.

Please note that you will have to separately raise a CSE to add your baby on to the application.

Additionally, do not expect more than a month and a halfs delay all in all.

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Hi ,

Thanks for the info. I am currently in the same scenario where I have recieved the ITA on 10 Jan & submitted my application on 30 Jan without x-ray of my spouse as she is pregnant.Does it mean that PPR request will not be given to me unless until I complete the medical of my spouse post delivery & submit relevant documents of new born eventhough my background check is completed ? Or there are still chances of getting an PPR request and I can still submit the medicals before landing or post delivery whichever is earlier ?

Any advice on this will be highly appreciated.

Hello Reindeer,

As you will not get MEP (Medicals Passed) for your spouse until you get the X Ray done post delivery you will not be able to get PPR either. I have not heard of a case where they have deferred the medical to later and I doubt that would be the cases.

And ofcourse you will have to add your little one to the application as well.

Reactions: EnthuChap

ppm0086

Oct 9, 2017

Having the Baby Pre AOR:

Congratulations!

2) Passport

1) Birth Certificate

Good luck!
Dear Haideriqbal,

First of all heartiest congratulations to both of you and lots of love to the little one!!!!

I can completely relate to your post as I am exactly in the same situation. We welcomed our little Bundle of Joy in December 2017 (AOR - Sep 17). And have submitted all the documents asked for by the LVO (exactly the same mentioned by you) on March 28, 2018. We submitted additional documents on 9th April 2018 (ADR - 9 Apr 18). Now waiting for the golden email.

My query is what was your status, when you submitted additional documents of your baby. I am currently in IP2, so can I expect similar timelines for application. And secondly what was your LVO, mine is New Delhi.

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Dear Haideriqbal,

First of all heartiest congratulations to both of you and lots of love to the little one!!!!

I can completely relate to your post as I am exactly in the same situation. We welcomed our little Bundle of Joy in December 2017 (AOR - Sep 17). And have submitted all the documents asked for by the LVO (exactly the same mentioned by you) on March 28, 2018. We submitted additional documents on 9th April 2018 (ADR - 9 Apr 18). Now waiting for the golden email.

My query is what was your status, when you submitted additional documents of your baby. I am currently in IP2, so can I expect similar timelines for application. And secondly what was your LVO, mine is New Delhi.
Heartiest congratulations to you too!

You will soon have another good news Insha Allah as this is exactly what was my case i.e. I was in IP2 right before I got the PR email.

My LVO was Ottawa.

Best of luck!

Rupenzel

Oct 17, 2017
Hello Rupenzel,

First of all many congratulations in advance as May 5th is now quite near.

Yes indeed your application will not be put on hold they will keep processing it however you will not get MEP (Medical Passed) until after you have had your bundle of joy and have gotten the X Ray done.

Please note that you will have to separately raise a CSE to add your baby on to the application.

Additionally, do not expect more than a month and a halfs delay all in all.
Hiii. Thank you for the wishes. My baby for born on April 24. Before I raised CSE for baby, I received a request from CIC about a week after my due date, asking for baby docs. I have submitted all requested docs two days ago. Hoping to get a PPR soon. Mine and my spouse medicals passed 2 days after I did my x Ray.
When approx can I expect the Golden mail?