+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dealing with Post ITA Pregnancy

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Hiii. Thank you for the wishes. My baby for born on April 24. Before I raised CSE for baby, I received a request from CIC about a week after my due date, asking for baby docs. I have submitted all requested docs two days ago. Hoping to get a PPR soon. Mine and my spouse medicals passed 2 days after I did my x Ray.
When approx can I expect the Golden mail?
Very soon hopefully! Mine took nearly 20 days but this was partially because I changed countries in between.

Good luck!

maan1982

Feb 22, 2018
Assalam o alaikum / Hello everyone,

I recently got my PPR and as everyone has their own PPR journey mine was unique in itself. One of the aspects of which was that we had our daughter after getting the ITA. The following is a guide to anyone who goes through similar circumstances:

So you got your ITA (Congrats) and found out you're going to have a baby soon (Congratulations once again!) with this new angel coming into your life your PPR journey may get delayed but there is no reason for it to stop.

How Pregnancy affects the Pre AOR / Post ITA Preparations:

Since you and your spouse are required to have a medical exam part of which is an X Ray. You will be asked whether you want to get it done or delay it, the other parts of the medical exam have to be undertaken as normal. Most doctors advise against it however it is your own choice as to how you approach this.

If you don't get the X Ray done - you will be provided with a pregnancy deferral letter which is a document you need to upload with the medical information sheet to your CIC account.

Having the Baby Pre AOR:

If you have the baby Pre AOR - it is, as per my understanding, required to disclose him/her as part of the application. I haven't any experience whether immigration officers provide you with any extra time to gather documents for the child but from what I have read I gathered that no extra time is given post the 90 Days deadline for filing documents for the ITA.

So my suggestion is; if your delivery date is before but close to the ITA deadline such that you will not be able to gather 1) Birth Certificate 2) Passport for the child, Get the AOR ASAP!

I suggest this because otherwise, if you are unable to provide the documents, you will not be able to file the application and if you don't disclose the child, that will be construed as misrepresentation.

Have filed the AOR & had the little bundle of Joy:

Congratulations!

Take time to recuperate. There is no hurry (Don't take too long though unless it can be justified somehow) I took my wife for the medical 10 days after the delivery however that was because we had a normal delivery. For more complicated deliveries, you may need longer and in my opinion that is fine. This is something that will be clarified to you by the clinic where you get the medical done, they may also call and ask you about this once the Expected Date of Delivery has passed.

Now that you feel ready to start working towards PPR, you should go get the X Ray done. The process is the same where you have to take an appointment informing them of the deferral. You may also want to take the bundle of joy with you for his/her medical however I would not recommend taking the baby at least for the first two weeks (Don't overwhelm the little one!).

To get the medical for the baby done you need to:
1) Open a CSE where you inform CIC of the LO (Little One)
2) Passport

Additional document required by CIC for filing application:
1) Birth Certificate

Once you open the CSE to add the LO:

Try to get the documentation ready before you do this. Normally, a CSE takes a week to get a response and they give you 30 Days to gather all the documents.

In some cases it may not be possible to gather all the documents in 30 days due to the bureaucratic structure of the government organisations so you may want to open the CSE once you have had some lead time but again don't take too long.

Once you have gotten a response to the CSE:

The response you get may be different for some people but I will mention here what happened to me:

1)They requested the above mentioned documents for the LO
2)Requested me to fill IMM0008 Form - which is basically the complete application no idea why they asked me to do this.
3)Requested me to fill IMM5406E Form - which is the additional family information form.
4)Requested that I get the medical done for the LO - process for which is exactly the same as getting your own medical done.

Once you have submitted all required documents:

You're done! Pat yourself on the back for me.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I wrote this post because today if I have my PPR it was by the Grace of God and the help I had from so many wonderful people here on the forum.

So I have two requests from anyone who reads this, when you pray please remember me and my family in your prayers and secondly, if possible, pay it forward by helping someone else out in any way you can.

Good luck!
Thanks a lot man....
A really great informative post, I am also in same situation and all my queries got answered.....
I have also submitted AOR on 15th July 2018 with Medical deferral letter for my wife X-ray. We are expecting our baby in December 2018.
Mine understanding from your posts is that in absence of X-ray, rest of my application will be processed by IRCC as usual and after complete verification they will put it on hold till the time I submit X-ray. Once I submit X-ray and new born details/documents, it will be matter of days to get PPR.
Just confirm whether my understanding is ok or not.
Thanks a lot

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Thanks a lot man....
A really great informative post, I am also in same situation and all my queries got answered.....
I have also submitted AOR on 15th July 2018 with Medical deferral letter for my wife X-ray. We are expecting our baby in December 2018.
Mine understanding from your posts is that in absence of X-ray, rest of my application will be processed by IRCC as usual and after complete verification they will put it on hold till the time I submit X-ray. Once I submit X-ray and new born details/documents, it will be matter of days to get PPR.
Just confirm whether my understanding is ok or not.
Thanks a lot
You are welcome! I am glad the post was helpful to you.

Your understanding is indeed correct.

Good luck!

Reactions: maan1982

maan1982

Feb 22, 2018
You are welcome! I am glad the post was helpful to you.

Your understanding is indeed correct.

Good luck!
Hi,

Can u really guide on some queries.
1. Will my CRS be freezed on date of my AOR (i.e. 15 July 2018), or it will re-calculated on basis of date on which I submit complete medical (May be in January 2019). Because in January 2019, I will loose 5 points for age.
2. Also, do we require to submit additional documents which may expire during the course of evaluation i.e. PCC or POF. My PCC is issued in June, will it expire or not?

Thanks in advance.

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Hi,

Can u really guide on some queries.
1. Will my CRS be freezed on date of my AOR (i.e. 15 July 2018), or it will re-calculated on basis of date on which I submit complete medical (May be in January 2019). Because in January 2019, I will loose 5 points for age.
2. Also, do we require to submit additional documents which may expire during the course of evaluation i.e. PCC or POF. My PCC is issued in June, will it expire or not?

Thanks in advance.
Hello,

1) Your CRS will be frozen once you submit your application i.e. after you receive the AOR.
2) Till the date of your landing I believe you must have the POF as required by the immigration authorities. With the PCC I'm not sure. In general the trend is that they only truly care about the medicals not expiring the rest they can live with however its best to keep everything in order to save yourself from any unnecessary headaches.

Reactions: maan1982

Mudassir.a

Dec 2, 2017
Hi All,

Need a little help understanding where my application stands...

So, we submitted our eAPR in March with my wife’s medicals deferred as she was pregnant at that time. Requested for GCMS notes in June and the status was as below:
1. Eligibility recommend passed
2. R10 and A11.2 passed
3. Medicals of my other kids and I passed
4. Info sharing complete

We submitted my wife’s medicals and the new baby’s documents (including upfront medicals) on 17th July.

Since then the status on cic website are as below:
1. Eligibility in progress
2. Medicals passed 19th July
3. ADR not applicable
4. BG in progress

Can someone please guide where my application stands (I am assuming IP2) and how long should the PPR take?

maan1982

Feb 22, 2018
Hi All,

So, we submitted our eAPR in March with my wife’s medicals deferred as she was pregnant at that time. Requested for GCMS notes in June and the status was as below:
2. R10 and A11.2 passed
4. Info sharing complete

We submitted my wife’s medicals and the new baby’s documents (including upfront medicals) on 17th July.

3. ADR not applicable
4. BG in progress

Can someone please guide where my application stands (I am assuming IP2) and how long should the PPR take?
I guess Haider is best person to comment on this, As per my understanding, u will be getting PPR in August....
In my case I have just submitted my file on 15th July i.e. AOR.... Till date my file is not at all processed, but by tracking July AOR group it seems that now days they are taking 20 days after AOR to get medical passed..... So your wife medical will be passed in this week or next....

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Hi All,

2. R10 and A11.2 passed
4. Info sharing complete

3. ADR not applicable
4. BG in progress

I would think your assumption is correct. It took me less than a month to get the golden email since the day I submitted my wife & baby's medical and that was considering I shifted countries in between.

maan1982 is correct to refer to the current time required for medicals to be assessed. You should hopefully have the PPR within August.

maan1982

Feb 22, 2018
I would think your assumption is correct. It took me less than a month to get the golden email since the day I submitted my wife & baby's medical and that was considering I shifted countries in between.

maan1982 is correct to refer to the current time required for medicals to be assessed. You should hopefully have the PPR within August.
Hi Haider, little help is needed...
My AOR is 15th July and since 1st August, I am in IP1 with "Medical under review" (X-ray deferred due to pregnancy)....
Will my file remain in IP-1 till the time I get my spouse's X-ray or it will follow the path of NA2-->IP2-->NA3.
What was ur case or timeline before submitting the X-rays, means IP-1 or IP-2 dates
Or is there any way where I can check whether my eligibility, criminality, security is passed....thru the Background check messages in CIC account.
Or I need to order GCMS notes

Thanks in advance....

maan1982

Feb 22, 2018
C
Hi All,

2. R10 and A11.2 passed
4. Info sharing complete

3. ADR not applicable
4. BG in progress

Hi Mudassir,
Can u share ur timelinedates, AOR, IP1, IP2 dates and date of ordering GCMS notes and receiving them back......I am also similar to your case, but yet to submit X-ray......just need to know by what time eligibility/security screening is passed.
TIA

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Hi Haider, little help is needed...
My AOR is 15th July and since 1st August, I am in IP1 with "Medical under review" (X-ray deferred due to pregnancy)....
Will my file remain in IP-1 till the time I get my spouse's X-ray or it will follow the path of NA2-->IP2-->NA3.
What was ur case or timeline before submitting the X-rays, means IP-1 or IP-2 dates
Or is there any way where I can check whether my eligibility, criminality, security is passed....thru the Background check messages in CIC account.
Or I need to order GCMS notes

Thanks in advance....
Hello maan1982,

1) The file will not remain in IP1 it will move forward with all other checks being conducted.

2) With reference to the dates you can refer to my immitracker https://myimmitracker.com/ca/trackers/pakistan-e-arp-tracker/cases/case-29562

3) Other than the background check messages in the account I believe you can call them but I don't know if they will outright tell you which stage you are at. GCMS notes would definitely help with that.

Hope that helps.

Mudassir.a

Dec 2, 2017
C

Hi Mudassir,
Can u share ur timelinedates, AOR, IP1, IP2 dates and date of ordering GCMS notes and receiving them back......I am also similar to your case, but yet to submit X-ray......just need to know by what time eligibility/security screening is passed.
TIA
AoR 4th March
IP 1 - never borthered to check
ADR 13th June (gave until 30th July to submit new baby documents)
Wife + new baby's medical completed on 17th July
ADR submitted 17th July
Medical passed 19th July
IP2 19th/20th July
Still waiting for PPR

I ordered GCMS notes on 7th July and got them on 9th August. Notes showed eligibility and criminality completed and passed in mid-June, even though medicals were in progress. Ordered another set yesterday, since I'm almost completing my 6 months. Let's see what the next set of notes has in store.

maan1982

Feb 22, 2018
AoR 4th March
IP 1 - never borthered to check
ADR 13th June (gave until 30th July to submit new baby documents)
Wife + new baby's medical completed on 17th July
ADR submitted 17th July
Medical passed 19th July
IP2 19th/20th July
Still waiting for PPR

I ordered GCMS notes on 7th July and got them on 9th August. Notes showed eligibility and criminality completed and passed in mid-June, even though medicals were in progress. Ordered another set yesterday, since I'm almost completing my 6 months. Let's see what the next set of notes has in store.
Thanks a lot.
Good luck, u will be getting PPR soon.

Reactions: Mudassir.a

gbrv85

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Hello guys, medical passed after submitting wife's x-ray. Raised CSE to report birth and provided Birth Certificate & Passport along with. Further

How long usually it takes for IRCC to respond on that?

How will they add a new born to the application?

Do i need to do anything on my part apart from raising CSE?

Please someone with similar case share some experience on the subsequent process.

Thank you!