+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dealing with Post ITA Pregnancy

Shiism1

Nov 16, 2018
Hello house,
I have just raised a CSE to inform IRCC about my new born baby. While waiting for their response, I want to know if its allowed to do an upfront medical exams for the baby because my wife will be leaving the city where the approved clinic is located soon.
Thanks in advance for your prompt response.

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Hello house,
I have just raised a CSE to inform IRCC about my new born baby. While waiting for their response, I want to know if its allowed to do an upfront medical exams for the baby because my wife will be leaving the city where the approved clinic is located soon.
Thanks in advance for your prompt response.
I don't think you can do the medical upfront without receiving a medical request letter (sorry if I'm using the wrong term) after the CSE.

You can ofcourse call the clinic and check.

Shiism1

Nov 16, 2018
It's not a technical issue. Our newborn baby was also added to the application with only the name in the checklist - so I think it should be ok. I'm not sure how long after the CSE they request medical...we did the upfront medical for our baby.
Dear Mudassir,

Was there any issue with the upfront medicals you did for your baby? Was it accepted and approved? I've also raised a CSE but yet to receive a response from IRCC, so I'm considering doing an upfront medical exams for my baby before I travelled out of the city. Do you think I should go ahead with it?

Thanks

Mudassir.a

Dec 2, 2017
Dear Mudassir,

Was there any issue with the upfront medicals you did for your baby? Was it accepted and approved? I've also raised a CSE but yet to receive a response from IRCC, so I'm considering doing an upfront medical exams for my baby before I travelled out of the city. Do you think I should go ahead with it?

Thanks
We had no issues with the upfront medical, medical status changed to passed a few days after uploading the babys documents (the upfront medical document was also attached)...i think it can be done, as long as the baby has a passport.

Shiism1

Nov 16, 2018
We had no issues with the upfront medical, medical status changed to passed a few days after uploading the babys documents (the upfront medical document was also attached)...i think it can be done, as long as the baby has a passport.
Hello Mudassir,

Thanks for your response. Please when did you do your baby's upfront medicals? Just asking to be sure that the policy has not changed since then.

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
I am in the same boat. My wife and I did our medicals on April 2018. At that time we deferred my wife's X-Ray because she was pregnant. Our AOR was May 2018.

Now, I have these concerns:

Our medicals will expire:
Now, my wife will deliver in a few weeks (in December 2018). I hope when I add the baby as a new dependent to my application (sometime during January 2019), CIC will prompt all of us: me, my wife, and our baby to submit our medical exams through the online account because our
medical will expire in April of 2019?

The AOR will expire:
Also, since my AOR was on May 2018, does this mean that I will need to enter Canada before May 2019 (within 1 year of the AOR)? I ask this because I am graduating from my Masters program on May 2019 and intend to enter Canda after July 2019. I hope there is no rule that states that one has to land in Canada within 1 year of the AOR?:(

I hope seniors in the forum will be able to alleviate my concerns.

Thanks for your discussion guys!:)

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
I am in the same boat. My wife and I did our medicals on April 2018. At that time we deferred my wife's X-Ray because she was pregnant. Our AOR was May 2018.

Now, I have these concerns:

Our medicals will expire:
Now, my wife will deliver in a few weeks (in December 2018). I hope when I add the baby as a new dependent to my application (sometime during January 2019), CIC will prompt all of us: me, my wife, and our baby to submit our medical exams through the online account because our
medical will expire in April of 2019?

The AOR will expire:
Also, since my AOR was on May 2018, does this mean that I will need to enter Canada before May 2019 (within 1 year of the AOR)? I ask this because I am graduating from my Masters program on May 2019 and intend to enter Canda after July 2019. I hope there is no rule that states that one has to land in Canada within 1 year of the AOR?:(

I hope seniors in the forum will be able to alleviate my concerns.

Thanks for your discussion guys!:)
Hello Supernova

Medical Expiry - you should receive PPR within a month of the birth of your child. Since that would be approximately 4 months before the medical expiry date I think they will stamp your passport with a visa which is valid up till the expiry of the medical. This is common practice with them and they generally don't change that. You can request for it to be increased but I am not sure if it will be approved.

AOR Expiry - as per my knowledge AOR does not expire unless your application is rejected for any reason.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Supernova

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Hello Supernova

Medical Expiry - you should receive PPR within a month of the birth of your child. Since that would be approximately 4 months before the medical expiry date I think they will stamp your passport with a visa which is valid up till the expiry of the medical. This is common practice with them and they generally don't change that. You can request for it to be increased but I am not sure if it will be approved.

AOR Expiry - as per my knowledge AOR does not expire unless your application is rejected for any reason.

Hope that helps!
Thank you for your reply. Your thread has been a revelation for me and I am sure for other expectant parents who have deferred their medicals.