+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dealing with Post ITA Pregnancy

Shiism1

Nov 16, 2018
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

As per this^ you can do it upfront apparently.

Again, your best bet would be to simply call the clinic and check with them.
Hello,
Please I need some clarifications on filling form IMM0008, the very first question "Program under which you are applying", has only four options to select from viz; Family, Refugee, Economic and Other. I'm an express entry applicant, was only trying to add my baby to my application that's why I was asked to fill the form. Which of the aforementioned options do you think is best for me to select? Thanks!

Regards

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Hello,
Please I need some clarifications on filling form IMM0008, the very first question "Program under which you are applying", has only four options to select from viz; Family, Refugee, Economic and Other. I'm an express entry applicant, was only trying to add my baby to my application that's why I was asked to fill the form. Which of the aforementioned options do you think is best for me to select? Thanks!

Regards
The choice in most cases would be economic as most people on this forum have applied through Federal Skilled Workers (FSW) Outland / Inland program. Family would only apply if you are being sponsored.

In summary, if you are a skilled worker applying for immigration then it would be wise to select Economic.

Shiism1

Nov 16, 2018
The choice in most cases would be economic as most people on this forum have applied through Federal Skilled Workers (FSW) Outland / Inland program. Family would only apply if you are being sponsored.

In summary, if you are a skilled worker applying for immigration then it would be wise to select Economic.
Thank you so much. So do I need to print out the form and sign or I just validate and upload it just like that?

Regards

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Thank you so much. So do I need to print out the form and sign or I just validate and upload it just like that?

Regards
As I remember, after validating the form, I printed out the signing page, physically signed it and merged it into the main file.

Shiism1

Nov 16, 2018
As I remember, after validating the form, I printed out the signing page, physically signed it and merged it into the main file.
Thanks for you response thus far. The challenge I'm facing now is how to merge the form IMM0008 (which is an XML file) with other PDF files. Please how do you go about it?

Regards

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Thanks for you response thus far. The challenge I'm facing now is how to merge the form IMM0008 (which is an XML file) with other PDF files. Please how do you go about it?

Regards
Just try to print it and at the drop down for selecting the printer select "Save as PDF". Should work hopefully.

After that simply use one of the online websites to merge the scanned page with the rest of the document. I believe I used pdfjoiner

waqas_fa

Aug 28, 2014
My Wife being a primary applicant already given the medical examination. Now she is Pregnant. Do we need to inform that she is pregnant or it won't be required?

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
My Wife being a primary applicant already given the medical examination. Now she is Pregnant. Do we need to inform that she is pregnant or it won't be required?
Hello Waqas

I believe if you are still in the ADR stage and expect the delivery to be before you get PPR it would be wise to inform CIC. Otherwise it is very much possible for you to just have the birth in Canada.

If you're not planning on having the birth there you may want to inform CIC as well.

waqas_fa

Aug 28, 2014
Hello Waqas

I believe if you are still in the ADR stage and expect the delivery to be before you get PPR it would be wise to inform CIC. Otherwise it is very much possible for you to just have the birth in Canada.

If you're not planning on having the birth there you may want to inform CIC as well.
Thanks for info dear
If the things go as per my plan insha Allah. Delivery is expected to be after 3-4 months of PPR in Canada. Would it be wise not to inform them?

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Basically the only way it makes sense not to inform them is when you are sure you will have the birth in Canada, that way your child will have birth right citizenship. Keep this in mind however that you will not have medical insurance from the time you land and it may cost you quite a bit to have the delivery there.

On the other hand if you have the delivery in your home country after PPR, you may have to sponsor the child or add them at a later date ( I'm not 100% sure how the case would develop, just guessing ).

So in my opinion, it would be better if you did inform them, better safe than sorry.

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Hi Haider,

I newborn was born on December 1 (10 days ago) in the United States. :):)

The expected date of delivery on the pregnancy deferral letter which I uploaded on my profile was December 22.

I am going to apply for her US passport tomorrow. According to the US officials, her passport could take anything from 1-2 months to get here after she gets her Social Security Card.

Now:

1) When do you suggest that I raise her case and fill out her IMM form? Would it be advisable to do so on/after December 22 (expected delivery date) to buy some time?
2) If I immediately raise her case today and add her to the list of dependents, how much time will CIC give to upload her documents (passport, birth registration etc)? Will CIC entertain any request to extend the time for providing the passport copy if I can explain that I have yet to receive the passport?

Thanks!

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Hi Haider,

I newborn was born on December 1 (10 days ago) in the United States. :):)

The expected date of delivery on the pregnancy deferral letter which I uploaded on my profile was December 22.

I am going to apply for her US passport tomorrow. According to the US officials, her passport could take anything from 1-2 months to get here after she gets her Social Security Card.

Now:

1) When do you suggest that I raise her case and fill out her IMM form? Would it be advisable to do so on/after December 22 (expected delivery date) to buy some time?
2) If I immediately raise her case today and add her to the list of dependents, how much time will CIC give to upload her documents (passport, birth registration etc)? Will CIC entertain any request to extend the time for providing the passport copy if I can explain that I have yet to receive the passport?

Thanks!
First of all many, many congratulations on the arrival of the little angel!

1) In my case CIC only gave me the standard 30 days from the time that I raised the query, my honest suggestion would be to take as long as you potentially can before you raise it so that you can try and get things in order before they give you a deadline to submit the passport and the birth certificate. The only issue with doing this is that they may ask for you to later justify why it took you so long to raise it, which I think can be easily done citing post pregnancy problems etc. (It is actually quite a hectic time)
2) 30 days. From the letter I received it was a plain "no we will not extend it" however I think that's a scare tactic and probably, if they are aware that it will take at least 1-2 months for the passport to come in which wasn't the case in Pakistan, they would budge. Nonetheless, as I mentioned earlier I would suggest that you go about this slowly. One other thing I'd like to mention here is that I did raise a query with CIC asking for more time but thankfully all the formalities were completed within the required time and I never got a reply.

Just keep this into consideration that they will not actually ask you about the birth until almost a week after the delivery date.

Best of luck!

Reactions: Supernova

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
First of all many, many congratulations on the arrival of the little angel!

1) In my case CIC only gave me the standard 30 days from the time that I raised the query, my honest suggestion would be to take as long as you potentially can before you raise it so that you can try and get things in order before they give you a deadline to submit the passport and the birth certificate. The only issue with doing this is that they may ask for you to later justify why it took you so long to raise it, which I think can be easily done citing post-pregnancy problems etc. (It is actually quite a hectic time)
2) 30 days. From the letter I received it was a plain "no we will not extend it" however I think that's a scare tactic and probably, if they are aware that it will take at least 1-2 months for the passport to come in which wasn't the case in Pakistan, they would budge. Nonetheless, as I mentioned earlier I would suggest that you go about this slowly. One other thing I'd like to mention here is that I did raise a query with CIC asking for more time but thankfully all the formalities were completed within the required time and I never got a reply.

Just keep this into consideration that they will not actually ask you about the birth until almost a week after the delivery date.

Best of luck!
Haider,

Thank you so much for your informative post. We are overwhelmed not just with being first-time parents but also with applying for the newborn's US passport on time as well as to meet the expected pregnancy date + 30 day period for uploading the newborn's documents.

I think I will take all the time till the 23rd of December to inform CIC of the birth of the newborn. That way I will get the 12 days extra to receive the SSN and to apply for US passport.

I always use your thread as a standard reference for reporting the birth of a newborn after the AOR. I am sure it has helped so many people like myself. The way you have laid out the process step by step in your thread starter is awesome!

Reactions: sadaf1989

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Haider,

Thank you so much for your informative post. We are overwhelmed not just with being first-time parents but also with applying for the newborn's US passport on time as well as to meet the expected pregnancy date + 30 day period for uploading the newborn's documents.

I think I will take all the time till the 23rd of December to inform CIC of the birth of the newborn. That way I will get the 12 days extra to receive the SSN and to apply for US passport.

I always use your thread as a standard reference for reporting the birth of a newborn after the AOR. I am sure it has helped so many people like myself. The way you have laid out the process step by step in your thread starter is awesome!
Yes, I think buying as much time as you possibly can is the best way to go about it. My prayers are with you and your family. I was a first time parent myself when I wrote this post and I completely understand what you must be going through right now. Hang in there buddy there is a (very) bright light at the end of the tunnel :)

I am glad I could be of assistance, please feel free to reach out and I would be happy to help in any way I can.

Reactions: Supernova