+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dealing with Post ITA Pregnancy

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Yes, I think buying as much time as you possibly can is the best way to go about it. My prayers are with you and your family. I was a first time parent myself when I wrote this post and I completely understand what you must be going through right now. Hang in there buddy there is a (very) bright light at the end of the tunnel :)

I am glad I could be of assistance, please feel free to reach out and I would be happy to help in any way I can.
Thank you Haider.

Somu0991

Aug 19, 2018
Hi Friends,

I got ITA and submitted all the documents including medicals (both myself and Spouse) and applied for PR. My spouse is pregnant now. is there anything should I do. I do not know what to do next. Please advise.

Last edited:

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Hi Friends,

I got ITA and submitted all the documents including medicals (both myself and Spouse) and applied for PR. My spouse is pregnant now. is there anything should I do. I do not know what to do next. Please advise.
If you have the baby before you enter Canada:

1. You will need to raise a case informing CIC of the addition of the new dependent. The case form is available online on CIC website

2. CIC will then ask you to upload the following:

a) IMM form (s)
b) Scanned copy of the newborn's passport
c) Scanned copy of the newborn's birth registration

I believe they will give you 30 days to complete this step.

3. CIC will also prompt you to do the newborn's medicals as well. For this too, I believe they will give you 30 days.

4. You will need to have enough funds to support the additional new dependent to your application.

If you have the baby after you enter Canada:

You don't have to do anything since the baby will automatically become a Canadian citizen by birth. However, it would be wise to let CIC know of the pregnancy beforehand.

I am in the same boat. I had my daughter December 1st and waiting for her passport to arrive so that I can raise her case with CIC.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: haideriqbal

Somu0991

Aug 19, 2018
If you have the baby before you enter Canada:

1. You will need to raise a case informing CIC of the addition of the new dependent. The case form is available online on CIC website

2. CIC will then ask you to upload the following:

a) IMM form (s)
b) Scanned copy of the newborn's passport
c) Scanned copy of the newborn's birth registration

I believe they will give you 30 days to complete this step.

3. CIC will also prompt you to do the newborn's medicals as well. For this too, I believe they will give you 30 days.

4. You will need to have enough funds to support the additional new dependent to your application.

If you have the baby after you enter Canada:

You don't have to do anything since the baby will automatically become a Canadian citizen by birth. However, it would be wise to let CIC know of the pregnancy beforehand.

I am in the same boat. I had my daughter December 1st and waiting for her passport to arrive so that I can raise her case with CIC.

Hope this helps.
Thank you so much....

Reactions: Supernova

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
To get the medical for the baby done you need to:
1) Open a CSE where you inform CIC of the LO (Little One)
2) Passport

Additional document required by CIC for filing application:
1) Birth Certificate

Good luck!
Hi Haider,

I am looking to open the CSE for my newborn in the next day or two.

Now, as far as I understand this can be done using the IRRC webform at the following link:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Did you use the same webform to inform CIC of the newborn or did you adopt another method? As far as I understand filling out the webform to inform CIC of the Little One should be good enough? Please do correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you for your pointers!

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Hi Haider,

I am looking to open the CSE for my newborn in the next day or two.

Now, as far as I understand this can be done using the IRRC webform at the following link:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Did you use the same webform to inform CIC of the newborn or did you adopt another method? As far as I understand filling out the webform to inform CIC of the Little One should be good enough? Please do correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you for your pointers!
Hello Supernova,

Yes that is indeed the method I used, I believe it took them 3-5 days to get back to me and in the letter that they sent they gave me 30 days to submit the passport and the birth certificate (as I remember).

Hope that helps!

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Hello Supernova,

Yes that is indeed the method I used, I believe it took them 3-5 days to get back to me and in the letter that they sent they gave me 30 days to submit the passport and the birth certificate (as I remember).

Hope that helps!
I am still waiting on the baby's US passport which for some reason is getting delayed due to Christmas and New Year holidays. But come Jan 1, I believe the process for the passport will be hastened.

My wife has already booked her x-ray and the baby's medicals for January 22. I am anxious whether or not we will have the baby's passport by then. Otherwise we will have to defer the baby's medicals for later. :(

I am planning to raise the CSE using the IRRC webform either today or tomorrow.

Thank you Haider!

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
I am still waiting on the baby's US passport which for some reason is getting delayed due to Christmas and New Year holidays. But come Jan 1, I believe the process for the passport will be hastened.

My wife has already booked her x-ray and the baby's medicals for January 22. I am anxious whether or not we will have the baby's passport by then. Otherwise we will have to defer the baby's medicals for later. :(

I am planning to raise the CSE using the IRRC webform either today or tomorrow.

Thank you Haider!
Best of luck with that. In my opinion, you shouldn't worry. These are procedural things which are causing the delay and not something you can control.

Even if they were to give you less time than would be required I am certain there would be a way to get an exception of some kind.

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Best of luck with that. In my opinion, you shouldn't worry. These are procedural things which are causing the delay and not something you can control.

Even if they were to give you less time than would be required I am certain there would be a way to get an exception of some kind.
I raised a Case Specific Inquiry today. The Normal Response Time for CIC is 10 days. They will give us 30 days to submit all the required documents. That will give us 40 days to submit all the necessary documents. I am now keeping my fingers crossed that we will receive the passport for the baby before 22nd January (the date of medicals for the baby and the mother).

Hoping the New Year will bring new tidings and many blessings to our family, as well as to all the members of this forum!!

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
I raised a Case Specific Inquiry today. The Normal Response Time for CIC is 10 days. They will give us 30 days to submit all the required documents. That will give us 40 days to submit all the necessary documents. I am now keeping my fingers crossed that we will receive the passport for the baby before 22nd January (the date of medicals for the baby and the mother).

Hoping the New Year will bring new tidings and many blessings to our family, as well as to all the members of this forum!!
I pray that this process goes through smoothly for you. Best wishes for the coming year to you and your family.

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Just try to print it and at the drop down for selecting the printer select "Save as PDF". Should work hopefully.

After that simply use one of the online websites to merge the scanned page with the rest of the document. I believe I used pdfjoiner
Hi Haider,

I received my LO's passport as well as the response from IRCC asking me to submit the following:

1. Receipt of the fee payment for the LO's application for permanent residency
2. Forms IMM0008 and 5406
3. Copies of the birth certificate and passport
4. Medical Certificate for the LO as well a completion certificate (X-ray) of the wife

However, in my online CIC account, they only have a single placeholder to upload all the above documents that says "Kit, Application Forms"

I am confused

Does that mean that I will have to combine all the above documents into a single file and submit it in the single placeholder? How did you do it?

What about the IMM forms? Did you fill them out, >validate them >print them >sign them >scan them and >merge them with the other files before submitting them?

The letter from IRCC prompting me to action does not specify if I need to merge all the files or not.

Hoping for your guidance on this and for future reference to other applicants as well.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: uday453

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Hi Haider,

I received my LO's passport as well as the response from IRCC asking me to submit the following:

1. Receipt of the fee payment for the LO's application for permanent residency
2. Forms IMM0008 and 5406
3. Copies of the birth certificate and passport
4. Medical Certificate for the LO as well a completion certificate (X-ray) of the wife

However, in my online CIC account, they only have a single placeholder to upload all the above documents that says "Kit, Application Forms"

I am confused

Does that mean that I will have to combine all the above documents into a single file and submit it in the single placeholder? How did you do it?

What about the IMM forms? Did you fill them out, >validate them >print them >sign them >scan them and >merge them with the other files before submitting them?

The letter from IRCC prompting me to action does not specify if I need to merge all the files or not.

Hoping for your guidance on this and for future reference to other applicants as well.

Thanks in advance!
Hello there Supernova

That is exactly how all of this needs to be done. I used combinepdf dot com to do it but I'm sure there are many others you could potentially use to do the same.

Very happy to hear that things are progressing smoothly for you, one more thing I'd like to add is that perhaps you should consider increasing the proof of funds amount to what would be required for 3 people now that your LO is here, in case it isn't already.

No where was I asked to upload or show any documentation regarding this but doesn't hurt to be extra careful.

Best of luck!

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Hello there Supernova

That is exactly how all of this needs to be done. I used combinepdf dot com to do it but I'm sure there are many others you could potentially use to do the same.

Very happy to hear that things are progressing smoothly for you, one more thing I'd like to add is that perhaps you should consider increasing the proof of funds amount to what would be required for 3 people now that your LO is here, in case it isn't already.

No where was I asked to upload or show any documentation regarding this but doesn't hurt to be extra careful.

Best of luck!
Haider- Thanks for your reply. I could discern that I needed to combine the files from the single placeholder give in my account. But I wanted to be absolutely certain about it before I proceeding to submit the merged pdf file (which would contain the signed IMM forms as well).

I have already planned for the extra amount of funds needed and have retained ~$CAD 21,000 in my RBC account from the very start of the process. That will cover the needed threshold of funds for the three of us.

Now I am waiting for January 22 to roll along so my wife can complete her x-ray and our LO can complete her medicals. I will then proceed to submit all the documentation.

:)

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Haider- Thanks for your reply. I could discern that I needed to combine the files from the single placeholder give in my account. But I wanted to be absolutely certain about it before I proceeding to submit the merged pdf file (which would contain the signed IMM forms as well).

I have already planned for the extra amount of funds needed and have retained ~$CAD 21,000 in my RBC account from the very start of the process. That will cover the needed threshold of funds for the three of us.

Now I am waiting for January 22 to roll along so my wife can complete her x-ray and our LO can complete her medicals. I will then proceed to submit all the documentation.

:)
I understand, I remember going through forums after forums to look up the same answer myself when I was doing it.

I was also moving to a different country for a new job at the time so that was something I had been worried about as well.

Considering you will probably submit the documentation on or around the 22nd of Jan, I'm assuming you should have PPR before the end of the month.