+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dealing with Post ITA Pregnancy

UnconquerableMe

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
Hi Guys,
I received the PPR yesterday.
However, I am in a kind of situation now and seeking some guidance from you guys.

We had applied for my husband and my PR application, me being the primary applicant.
I received the PPR yesterday, and now I am 3 months pregnant.

I wish to have my delivery in India to have the support of family and avoid the stress of moving country at this time.
I am ok to make a soft landing first and my cousin could collect my PR card and ensure it reaches me safely.

I have heard, that once the PR is approved, I will have to sponsor my child under family sponsorship which I can do only if I am in Canada.
what should I do now?

Also, can my husband who is a dependent PR applicant, sponsor our child from Canada, if we consider him moving to Canada post delivery and me being on PR status, but birthing the baby in India and staying here until the baby is allowed to travel?

PS: I would not prefer going to Canada and giving birth to the baby, as that would mean losing the family support, maternity benefits, mediclaim benefits from my current employer. Plus, I cannot be on my own in this phase, and if my husband comes along, it would be like both of us are risking our jobs at once.

What are the viable options you guys can think of and know that they are lega and would be acceptable by CIC?

Any help would be appreciated.

uday453

May 6, 2019
Hi All,

I have added my newborn on april 7. Still did not get any update. I am in IP-2 dnt know whats happening . I have ordered gcms notes after i finished my 6 months timeline . New born is not yet added to my application yet but when i called CIC agent told they received the documents. My AOR is nov 4 . What can i do to speed up the process . How long will it take to add baby and how will it show after addition of the baby in application. How much time will it take to get ppr?. Please let me know

Maplemania

Mar 28, 2019
Hi All,
Great thread, helped a lot.

I have a question. I am trying to add my newborn to my application.

Question 1
Form 5406e - Does this need to be filled for my little one as well? And if I understand correct this definitely needs to be filled by me and my spouse. This was filled during the EE application alread for both of us, why is there a need for doing it again?

Question 2
Form IMM0008 -
a. Country of residence from date and to date questions - what do you fill in To date?
b. What do you fill in language questions - little one obviously cant speak, do you leave all three fields for language as blank?
c. Do I need to fill national id for him(born in US), would be SSN?
d. there are two IMM0008 - imm0008depenu and imm0008enu_2d, which one to fill?

Thanks much for the help in advance!

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Hi All,

I have added my newborn on april 7. Still did not get any update. I am in IP-2 dnt know whats happening . I have ordered gcms notes after i finished my 6 months timeline . New born is not yet added to my application yet but when i called CIC agent told they received the documents. My AOR is nov 4 . What can i do to speed up the process . How long will it take to add baby and how will it show after addition of the baby in application. How much time will it take to get ppr?. Please let me know
Hello Uday

I can't say for sure what is the reason for the delay but in my case it took around a month from sending the documents to getting the PPR. Perhaps they have more workload now? I don't see what else could be the reason for this.

Reactions: uday453

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Hi All,
Great thread, helped a lot.

I have a question. I am trying to add my newborn to my application.

Question 1
Form 5406e - Does this need to be filled for my little one as well? And if I understand correct this definitely needs to be filled by me and my spouse. This was filled during the EE application alread for both of us, why is there a need for doing it again?

Question 2
Form IMM0008 -
a. Country of residence from date and to date questions - what do you fill in To date?
b. What do you fill in language questions - little one obviously cant speak, do you leave all three fields for language as blank?
c. Do I need to fill national id for him(born in US), would be SSN?
d. there are two IMM0008 - imm0008depenu and imm0008enu_2d, which one to fill?

Thanks much for the help in advance!
Question 1
Yes this is exactly the same as the EE profile and yes you have to fill it for both your wife and yourself. In the LO's case I'm not 100% but no harm in filling it up.

Question 2
a. To date refers to the day till which you lived in said country. If you're still in this country then you need to add it under Current country of residence.
b. Can't remember what I put in - sorry - but NA would make sense here.
c. If it is a requirement then yes you do.
d. Not sure but I filled the one which has the option to validate available.

Hope that helps!

Maplemania

Mar 28, 2019
Question 1
Yes this is exactly the same as the EE profile and yes you have to fill it for both your wife and yourself. In the LO's case I'm not 100% but no harm in filling it up.

Question 2
a. To date refers to the day till which you lived in said country. If you're still in this country then you need to add it under Current country of residence.
b. Can't remember what I put in - sorry - but NA would make sense here.
c. If it is a requirement then yes you do.
d. Not sure but I filled the one which has the option to validate available.

Hope that helps!
Thank you!

Applicant2019

May 28, 2019
Just finished adding our newborn baby to our submitted PR application. Here's a summary of the process.
  1. First step was to send a message over WebForm that our baby was born. Something like "Our daughter ZZZ was born on dd/mm/yy, after our PR application was submitted. We would like to add her to the PR application"
  2. In 5 days we received the generic response email from CIC notifying us of all the forms to fill and send back (This email is listed elsewhere so I wont repost it).
  3. The email contained a link to payment instructions. Before submitting documents in the next step we had to prepay the CAD 150 fee to sponsor a dependent child. After creating a login and submitting the payment we received a payment receipt in email.
  4. We submitted exactly the below documents over WebForm.
    1. Generic Application IMM 0008 soft copy, filled and validated. We DID NOT print or hand signature this form. We just filled the PDF fields, clicked validate and saved and submitted the validated form.
    2. Birth certificate scan
    3. Medical info sheet scan - We had already completed the baby's medical exam at this point. When my wife and I did our medical exams before the delivery, the doctor scheduled us for a medical exam for the baby post-delivery along with my wife's X-Ray.
    4. Baby's passport bio page scan - Only submitted a single page scan, the bio/profile page.
    5. Payment receipt - This is the emailed receipt from the previous step.
    6. Letter of explanation - A word document with the same text from Step 1. In addition we listed all the documents that we were attaching (1-5 above)
  5. We received a confirmation mail from CIC 7 days after submission which listed all the filenames that we had submitted along with the text "We have forwarded them and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration. If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you."
  6. We received an email exactly 30 days after submission which stated that our application had been updated. I logged in and checked the PR application status and in the list of dependents our daughter's name was added.

Some notes about Step 4.
  • The PDF files for the different forms wouldn't open properly in Chrome. I had to download them and then open them in Adobe Reader to access them properly
  • You only need to submit form IMM 0008 to add newborn baby. Form IMM5669 and IMM5406 are only required if you are adding a new adult dependent to the application. Form IMM0008DEP is only required if you have more than 5 family members.
  • We DID NOT submit IMM5669/IMM5406 for the principal applicant and spouse since those details were already part of the original application.
  • For form IMM 0008 we only submitted the completed digital copy. We filled up the PDF on the computer and clicked validate to make sure the barcodes were generated. We did not print or hand sign the form.
  • The WebForm has a size limit of 2MB per document and 3.5MB max for all documents. We scanned all documents (Birth cert/passport/medical) at a low resolution (150dpi, less than 350KB per scan). As long as all the text is readable there shouldnt be any issues. I was able to submit all documents in step 4 in a single WebForm request. However I have read that if you have larger files, you can submit them across multiple WebForm requests.

Hope these details help.

kmuhammadsaad

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Hi All,

I posted my CSE on 17th June. Have got a generic email saying that my CSE has been sent to the concerned department. The email goes on detailing how to add a new dependant , however, it does not mention any timelines , nor medical requirement.

is this a generic response or do i need to action? Must i wait for a more specific correspondence. Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Just finished adding our newborn baby to our submitted PR application. Here's a summary of the process.
  1. First step was to send a message over WebForm that our baby was born. Something like "Our daughter ZZZ was born on dd/mm/yy, after our PR application was submitted. We would like to add her to the PR application"
  2. In 5 days we received the generic response email from CIC notifying us of all the forms to fill and send back (This email is listed elsewhere so I wont repost it).
  3. The email contained a link to payment instructions. Before submitting documents in the next step we had to prepay the CAD 150 fee to sponsor a dependent child. After creating a login and submitting the payment we received a payment receipt in email.
  4. We submitted exactly the below documents over WebForm.
    1. Generic Application IMM 0008 soft copy, filled and validated. We DID NOT print or hand signature this form. We just filled the PDF fields, clicked validate and saved and submitted the validated form.
    2. Birth certificate scan
    3. Medical info sheet scan - We had already completed the baby's medical exam at this point. When my wife and I did our medical exams before the delivery, the doctor scheduled us for a medical exam for the baby post-delivery along with my wife's X-Ray.
    4. Baby's passport bio page scan - Only submitted a single page scan, the bio/profile page.
    5. Payment receipt - This is the emailed receipt from the previous step.
    6. Letter of explanation - A word document with the same text from Step 1. In addition we listed all the documents that we were attaching (1-5 above)
  5. We received a confirmation mail from CIC 7 days after submission which listed all the filenames that we had submitted along with the text "We have forwarded them and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration. If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you."
  6. We received an email exactly 30 days after submission which stated that our application had been updated. I logged in and checked the PR application status and in the list of dependents our daughter's name was added.

Some notes about Step 4.
  • The PDF files for the different forms wouldn't open properly in Chrome. I had to download them and then open them in Adobe Reader to access them properly
  • You only need to submit form IMM 0008 to add newborn baby. Form IMM5669 and IMM5406 are only required if you are adding a new adult dependent to the application. Form IMM0008DEP is only required if you have more than 5 family members.
  • We DID NOT submit IMM5669/IMM5406 for the principal applicant and spouse since those details were already part of the original application.
  • For form IMM 0008 we only submitted the completed digital copy. We filled up the PDF on the computer and clicked validate to make sure the barcodes were generated. We did not print or hand sign the form.
  • The WebForm has a size limit of 2MB per document and 3.5MB max for all documents. We scanned all documents (Birth cert/passport/medical) at a low resolution (150dpi, less than 350KB per scan). As long as all the text is readable there shouldnt be any issues. I was able to submit all documents in step 4 in a single WebForm request. However I have read that if you have larger files, you can submit them across multiple WebForm requests.

Hope these details help.
Hello
I am in similar situation like urs...I received PPR mail 15days back...My wife is pregnant with baby due in July...So we informed cic about pregnancy...They sent me dis reply

As they said they will cancel approval of my application now and will send details of documents to be send...
I want to know
1.will addition of newborn affect my application process? Like getting it cancelled or delayed for long?
2.when did u inform cic about birth of baby ,as soon as baby was born or after collecting all documents?
3.In how many days u got all documents ready for newborn?I am also in Usa..
Thank u in advance

Davinci.rishi

Mar 13, 2019
Hi All,
As per current trends, how long is it taking to
  1. Receive the medical request after submission of the newborns documents
  2. Receive the PPR after the medicals?
I’m an FSW Outland applicant from India with AOR Feb 2019. I’ve just submitted my newborns documents, well before the deadline provided to me by CIC.

kmuhammadsaad

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Hi
Hi All,
I’m an FSW Outland applicant from India with AOR Feb 2019. I’ve just submitted my newborns documents, well before the deadline provided to me by CIC.
Hi,
I am no expert at it. But I didnt wait for a medical request. I went for my newborn's an upfront medical and submitted below documents :
-IMM0008
-IMM5406 ( both mine and my spouse)
-Passport of newborn
-birth certificate of newborn
-Updated POF
Fee payment
& Medical

I have uploaded this as per information collected through various forums
Generally it works for ppl. In my case they have sent me an acknowledgment email ten days ago but it hasn't yet updated on My profile.

Davinci.rishi

Mar 13, 2019
Hi

Hi,
I am no expert at it. But I didnt wait for a medical request. I went for my newborn's an upfront medical and submitted below documents :
-IMM0008
-IMM5406 ( both mine and my spouse)
-Passport of newborn
-birth certificate of newborn
-Updated POF
Fee payment
& Medical

I have uploaded this as per information collected through various forums
Generally it works for ppl. In my case they have sent me an acknowledgment email ten days ago but it hasn't yet updated on My profile.
Thanks @kmuhammadsaad
I uploaded my babies’ documents on 31 July and I have received a medical request today. The list of dependents in my profile has also been updated.

Davinci.rishi

Mar 13, 2019
Hi All,
Hi All,
Is there anyone on here whose newborn’s documents and medical has been completed in the last few weeks, and is waiting for a PPR please?

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Hi All,
Is there anyone on here whose newborn’s documents and medical has been completed in the last few weeks, and is waiting for a PPR please?
I submitted my newborn documents thru we form on Monday..
Will they send me some acknowledgment that they have received the documents?If yes, in how many days will they send it?as my document submission date is August 22nd..
One more thing ,new placeholder was not created for newborn in my application so I submitted everything thru webform..Is it ok? Or should I mail them also the documents as till now I have not receive any acknowledgment from their side?

Davinci.rishi

Mar 13, 2019
I submitted my newborn documents thru we form on Monday..
Will they send me some acknowledgment that they have received the documents?If yes, in how many days will they send it?as my document submission date is August 22nd..
One more thing ,new placeholder was not created for newborn in my application so I submitted everything thru webform..Is it ok? Or should I mail them also the documents as till now I have not receive any acknowledgment from their side?
I think the status of your application should change to something like ‘We are reviewing the results of your medical exam’ under the Medicals section of your application home page.
I submitted everything through a web form.
Mailing them the documents separately will not achieve anything more.