29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
momo2016 said:
I see...so basically we're gonna have to send 2 pics after ppr no matter what.
I was also not sure whether to send two with the passport since they had not specified. I also included the 8 with the application which was in March.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Hardcookie said:
I was also not sure whether to send two with the passport since they had not specified. I also included the 8 with the application which was in March.
The 8 photos they asked for with your application are to attach to the various parts of the application when they rip it apart to process (for identification).

It wouldn't hurt to send two photos with your passport as the photo specifications changed last fall due to the re-design of the PR card. This caused all kinds of headache for those who applied in 2015. Most people out of other visa offices that submitted in 2015 were asked to provide 2 photos along with their passport when it was requested.

Make sure the photos meet the NEW specifications (which are essentially the same as the Canadian passport photo specifications - except for what they want you to write on the back).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Hope this helps! So great to hear movement on the TZ front!

C.

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
chilkootcee said:
The 8 photos they asked for with your application are to attach to the various parts of the application when they rip it apart to process (for identification).

It wouldn't hurt to send two photos with your passport as the photo specifications changed last fall due to the re-design of the PR card. This caused all kinds of headache for those who applied in 2015. Most people out of other visa offices that submitted in 2015 were asked to provide 2 photos along with their passport when it was requested.

Make sure the photos meet the NEW specifications (which are essentially the same as the Canadian passport photo specifications - except for what they want you to write on the back).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Hope this helps! So great to hear movement on the TZ front!

C.
Thanks Chilk for the explanation. This is great!

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
Thanks guys for the clarification :)

Mo84

Aug 11, 2016
Hello guys,

My wife was asked for remedical by Dar Es salaam visa office. It was submitted electronically to cic yesterday. My question, how long does it take for the reassessment by cic, and do I need to send a copy of the emedical sheet to the VO office in Dar?

choupy

Apr 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dar Es Salaam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
07-5-2016 - AOR1
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016 Upfront
Mo84 said:
Hello guys,

My wife was asked for remedical by Dar Es salaam visa office. It was submitted electronically to cic yesterday. My question, how long does it take for the reassessment by cic, and do I need to send a copy of the emedical sheet to the VO office in Dar?
What I was told is that they use the same system ( system where they store medical results) VO should have acces. But YES please send the emedical sheet to VO, it will help them to relocate it. In terms of processing time I don' t know.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
Lots of info to update you all on today. First they finally sent my husband's passport back according to Fed Ex!!! My husband emailed them today to find out what was happening so not sure if that's what got them to send back or if it's just a fluke. He should have it next Wednesday!

The second and more interesting for all of you is I got my second set of notes today. I ordered them about a week before we got the passport request but they were run the day after the passport request. At that point it still said that security and criminality were not started :eek: So they are requesting passports before they are finished everything. In our case it was requested as soon as eligibility was passed. I'm kinda thinking this is a new process and why they are coming so fast. It might also be why some people in Nairobi are waiting a really long time to get their passports back. Based on our case and skwan's it must be possible to get the security and criminality checks done quickly but some countries may take longer as I believe it depends where they are checking. Therefore I don't know if you can be sure of a quick turnaround time once they request your passport as still depends on how quickly the background checks are done.

Also the notes showed our eligibility passed the day after they added the additional relationship proof to the file that I had sent so that could have helped with the eligibility passing or at least made them look at the file at that time. So I would say it's worth sending in more proof if you have it. In my case it was just boarding passes and photos from my last trip. I didn't include any communication proof as we sent a ton of that originally.

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
MNM2015 said:
Lots of info to update you all on today. First they finally sent my husband's passport back according to Fed Ex!!! My husband emailed them today to find out what was happening so not sure if that's what got them to send back or if it's just a fluke. He should have it next Wednesday!

The second and more interesting for all of you is I got my second set of notes today. I ordered them about a week before we got the passport request but they were run the day after the passport request. At that point it still said that security and criminality were not started :eek: So they are requesting passports before they are finished everything. In our case it was requested as soon as eligibility was passed. I'm kinda thinking this is a new process and why they are coming so fast. It might also be why some people in Nairobi are waiting a really long time to get their passports back. Based on our case and skwan's it must be possible to get the security and criminality checks done quickly but some countries may take longer as I believe it depends where they are checking. Therefore I don't know if you can be sure of a quick turnaround time once they request your passport as still depends on how quickly the background checks are done.

Also the notes showed our eligibility passed the day after they added the additional relationship proof to the file that I had sent so that could have helped with the eligibility passing or at least made them look at the file at that time. So I would say it's worth sending in more proof if you have it. In my case it was just boarding passes and photos from my last trip. I didn't include any communication proof as we sent a ton of that originally.
It's good to know that they are requesting ppr after eligibility passes. It means they are clearing backlogs. Did you wait (for them to ask you) to send additional proof of relationship or did you send them voluntary?

Mo84

Aug 11, 2016
choupy said:
What I was told is that they use the same system ( system where they store medical results) VO should have acces. But YES please send the emedical sheet to VO, it will help them to relocate it. In terms of processing time I don' t know.
Well, that's good news to me. Btw, they requested also for the RPRF, which I have paid. I'm crossing my fingers here for PPR.

choupy

Apr 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dar Es Salaam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
07-5-2016 - AOR1
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016 Upfront
Mo84 said:
Well, that's good news to me. Btw, they requested also for the RPRF, which I have paid. I'm crossing my fingers here for PPR.
What is RPRF?
Do you mind sharing your timeline?

choupy

Apr 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dar Es Salaam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
07-5-2016 - AOR1
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016 Upfront
MNM2015 said:

Thank you for sharing. Keep us updated.

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
choupy said:
What is RPRF?
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee...If you didn't pay it upfront they request it when they are almost done, I am sure PPR is the next

Mo84

Aug 11, 2016
choupy said:
What is RPRF?
Right of permanent resident fee as mentioned. My timeline is mind-boggling. It had been two years but most recent: received a fourth line on August 16, as follows:

4. We sent you correspondence on August 16, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

They were requesting for RPRF and a second medical exam. I have paid the first and sent the receipt to the VO office in Dar and completed the exam which was submitted today to CIC. I also forwarded the emedical sheet to the VO. I guess let the waiting game begin.

Mo84

Aug 11, 2016
gabba50 said:
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee...If you didn't pay it upfront they request it when they are almost done, I am sure PPR is the next
Crossing our fingers and leaving the rest to the all mighty Jehovah. The process of waiting is difficult but being patient is always good news.

choupy

Apr 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dar Es Salaam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
07-5-2016 - AOR1
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016 Upfront
Mo84 said:
Crossing our fingers and leaving the rest to the all mighty Jehovah. The process of waiting is difficult but being patient is always good news.
Two years is aa long time. I pray for you that everything get resolved very quickly.